Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Elements

LordSwinton

Ice was still walking with the group. He scoffed at Starchase's comment about snow, and simply kept walking. This world was indeed strange, but right now finding a place to stay was a priority, "Where do you suggest we go?" he asked simply, not liking the idea of getting rained on.

Amber looked beyond the statue. Behind it was an open, grassy yard, at the centre of which sat a massive construct to which many other humans came and went. The school.

"We could go in there, she suggested, pointing with her unfamiliarly long arms. She shuddered.

"Who knows, maybe we'll find something or somepo--someone who can help us," she said, catching herself. She had her heart set on finding Celestia again, but the thought of Caliber's human double flashed briefly across her mind. Maybe they all had doubles, somewhere, Amber thought. She considered their roles i thos scenario, but after pondering it from a few different angles, she realized that these huma doppelgangers probably wouldn't be terribly useful in this situation. Despite this, Anber couldn't help but be curious...

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

pony caliber had been dragged off with human caliber, and violet, to get to work on fixing her dojo. he was told 'you'll get your sword back when you've helped re-build my dojo'

considering that the human caliber was surely on par with his own skill, and that he was disarmed (not to mention he's not completely used to his new human body) he had no choice but to comply. 

they worked to rebuild the dojo, or at least, began to clear up the damage.

• Brohoof 1

Following Amber's suggestion, they shuffled into the school building. Some of the student stopped briefly to take a glance at them. They were probably too old to be there. It was warmer inside, causing Starchase to feel sleepier. They slinked into the school library, trying not to attract attention. 

"Can I help you guys?" The librarian stood up from his desk. A familiar voice, it was no doubt someone they'd met before. He drummed his fingers as her waitied for an answer.

"Flipnote?!" Starchase lifted his head up and stared hard at the librarian who squirmed a bit under his gaze.

"Yes, have we met?" He was obviously rather freaked out. "Well, if you need me, just ask." With that he sat back down and went on with his work.

The five chose a quiet spot and sat down to plan their next move. "What now?" Starchase asked as he neatly folded his arms and laid his head on the table. "We're stuck here. Forever. With our duplicates running around." From his tucked arms he could see his element upside down, hanging around his neck on its chain. Sticking out his hoof/hand, he tried to summon the nearest book off the shelf. Waving his hand like a seizure patient, nothing happened.

"What in Cel-Why isn't it working?!" He barked. Flailing his arm like a spastic wasn't helping. He promptly curled into a ball, broke down and cried. Well at least they found out what was wrong. Magic's gone.

• Brohoof 2

Ice was walking around the library with the others as he heard a cry, "No no no. There has to be another way out of here somehow. We can't give up if we want to get back home. Come on..there has to be a book or something that can help us get back home. Anything. Oh Celestia where are you?"

• Brohoof 1

Amber broke her gaze quickly from Flipnote after seeing him react to Starchase's hopeful outburst. It was obvious that the Flipnote here didn't recognize them--and why would he, Amber thought. This was an entirely separate place...even if it shared the same souls as Equestria. Not wanting to drag a bystander into this mess, she turned away, following the group.

The five chose a quiet spot and sat down to plan their next move. "What now?" Starchase asked as he neatly folded his arms and laid his head on the table. "We're stuck here. Forever. With our duplicates running around." From his tucked arms he could see his element upside down, hanging around his neck on its chain. Sticking out his hoof/hand, he tried to summon the nearest book off the shelf. Waving his hand like a seizure patient, nothing happened.   "What in Cel-Why isn't it working?!" He barked. Flailing his arm like a spastic wasn't helping. He promptly curled into a ball, broke down and cried. Well at least they found out what was wrong. Magic's gone.

"No no no. There has to be another way out of here somehow. We can't give up if we want to get back home. Come on..there has to be a book or something that can help us get back home. Anything. Oh Celestia where are you?"

Amber placed her hand comfortingly on Starchase's shaking shoulder.

"Ice is right, its too early to give up," she said. Amber looked about the library. There were a few other people in there--students, she imagined--reading and wandering the shelves.

"Although, to be honest, I'm not sure anything in here can help us," she said quietly. "I mean, these people don't even seem to know about the portal, so I doubt they'd have any books we could use."

She frowned slightly, then clutched at the pendant that hung around her neck. Come on, Amber, think. She flipped the pendant repeatedly in her hands, and before long, her mind went to the simplest idea it could think of.

"Excuse me," Amber said politely, approaching the front desk. She smiled as the librarian looked up at her.
"Your name is Flipnote, right?" she asked.

Amber needs to confirm her theory before asking questions. :P

Edited by AmberDust

"Yep, one and only! How can I help you, Miss?" Flipnote scrambled around and pinned his name tag to his shirt. "Your friend there okay?" He pointed to Starchase who was still bawling his eyes out like an infant. "Is something wrong?"

"Why-y..." Starchase just sobbed into his own arms. If he didn't keep it it down he'd start attracting unwanted attention.

• Brohoof 1

"Yep, one and only! How can I help you, Miss?" Flipnote scrambled around and pinned his name tag to his shirt. "Your friend there okay?" He pointed to Starchase who was still bawling his eyes out like an infant. "Is something wrong?"

"Why-y..." Starchase just sobbed into his own arms. If he didn't keep it it down he'd start attracting unwanted attention.

So it really is Flipnote, Amber thought. She cleared her throat.

"He's--fine," she said, hesitating momentarily as an idea formed in her mind.

"He's just going through some stuff right now--we were actually looking to speak with Celestia about it," she said. She searched Flipnote's face for any reaction at the sound of the name "Celestia". Was it familiar? Or foreign?

"Have you seen her around at all...?" she ventured. Hopefully the Celestia we saw has an important role in this world, too, Amber thought. She was with them not too long ago, so she just might be local, but she didn't want to raise any suspicions by assuming too much about this world.

• Brohoof 1

"Principal Celestia should be in her office, down the hall, take a right and it should be the third door on the left. You should be able to see her name on the door." He pointed out the door. "Hope your friend is okay, he seems devastated. If you need anything just let me know!" He winked at her before he left with a trolley of returned books.

• Brohoof 1

Ice was confused by Flipnote's words. Principal Celestia? Sounds much different than her actual title. He went up to Amber, and asked, "Uh...what the heck was that? And why do they call her, 'principal'? I thought she was a princess. Something's very wrong about this place...."

• Brohoof 1

Ice was confused by Flipnote's words. Principal Celestia? Sounds much different than her actual title. He went up to Amber, and asked, "Uh...what the heck was that? And why do they call her, 'principal'? I thought she was a princess. Something's very wrong about this place...."

"Not wrong, just different," Amber said with a smile, as the pieces began to fall into place beneath her steady gaze. She turned to Flipnote and thanked him before returning to the group's table.

"I have good news," she said quietly, "Prin--Principle Celestia is just down that hall." She pointed to where the Flipnote had directed her before putting her palms on the table confidently.

"I'm sure she'll know what's going on, and will be able to help explain some things!" she added with a reassuring smile.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

They sauntered off to Principal Celestia's office, knocking softly on her door before entering, trying to look presentable and not like some crazy homeless people.

"How can I help you all?" She looked rather surprised to see so many people looking for her at the same time.

• Brohoof 1

There was way too much oddity in this world. Things were similar yet different. At the library I had much trouble using my magic to pull books. It felt like forcing water to go through a tiny hole, similar to when I almost passed out at the jail just trying to bend the bars far enough to crawl through. I didn't say anything and was lost in thought as we moved around.

A couple of students stared at me and did a double-take. If I had to guess I'd say they knew my doppelganger. Just as we were entering the office a male student spoke to me. "Professor Bolt, shouldn't you be teaching a class right now?" Did the others hear this? Perhaps it would be useful to our mission.

I stared at him wide-eyed. Of course my doppelganger would be teaching, having finished all the necessary schooling early. I tried to look nonchalant. "Uh, I think so. Maybe."

"You always were more interested in your research than actually teaching it." Came his answer. Typical me.

"Um, I need to visit the Principal for now. You go on ahead and I'll meet you there." Or rather the other me would probably already be there by the time he got to class. The boy shrugged and continued down the hall as I shuffled in after the others, moving up next to Amber.

"Apparently I'm a teacher in this world. Can we use this somehow?" I said in a whisper to her. Maybe this Celestia would recognize me? Not good......

Sparky just idled behind us, trying to look inconspicuous.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

"Apparently I'm a teacher in this world. Can we use this somehow?" I said in a whisper to her. Maybe this Celestia would recognize me? Not good......   Sparky just idled behind us, trying to look inconspicuous.

Amber looked to Lektra, slightly astonished.

"A teacher, eh...? Maybe she'll be able to help us out with all of this."

They sauntered off to Principal Celestia's office, knocking softly on her door before entering, trying to look presentable and not like some crazy homeless people.

"How can I help you all?" She looked rather surprised to see so many people looking for her at the same time.

"Principle Celestia?" Amber said, cautiously. She certainly looked the same as the Celestia they saw earlier, but one couldn't be too careful. If this was some sort of clueless doppelganger, she didn't want to tip her off to anything suspicious. Who knows how these creatures might react to Equestrian magic? They didn't want to put these people in jeopardy just for the sake of their own quest.

Amber looked at her friends for a brief moment pf support, then cleared her throat.

"There was something you wanted us to do for you?" she asked.

• Brohoof 1

"Thank you for fixing the boiler on such short notice," She smiled politely and shook hands with them though they didn't exactly seem like boiler repairmen. "That'll be all, everything's in order. Now don't you have a class to teach?"

Seeing no further reason to stay, they had to exit the office for others to see the principal with their official business. "Well, that went nowhere..." Starchase muttered as he kicked a stray can across the now empty hallway.

• Brohoof 1

"Yes. No. Maybe." I half choked half muttered the reply. Was that Trixie Lulamoon coming in to see Celestia next? I motioned to the others to stall/distract her and closed the door behind them. I was alone with this world's Celestia. Well not completely alone. Sparky was there too.

She couldn't be that confused, could she? Most likely feigning ignorance. A certain magical book I was allowed access to for research purposes was actually useful in this situation. Twilight had made a full magical account of her experiences here, and practically worshiping her and her friends I was previously able to convince her to let me read records of her adventures. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect something like this, but I was catching on to what was going on now. This was that world. And if this was that world, then the pony - I mean person - in front of me was intimately antiquated with what had happened here a while ago.

"Now Princess - I mean Principal - I believe you have me confused with someone else. The other me." I motioned to Sparky. "Sparky, show her the memory images." From his eyes Sparky projected Twilight's accounts of going through the statue portal on multiple occasions, and leaving through it as well, with this Celestia being present. "You were there. You know about this. The portal doesn't work right now for some reason. It stopped working after our version of you went back through it." Sparky stopped projecting the images. "We were hoping you knew of a way to reactivate the portal, or are you having some kind of problem in this world that the portal summoned us here? Please help us, so we are better able to help you."

Well, now I either looked like a fool, or we would get arrested again.

• Brohoof 1

There was a moment when Celestia's face seemed as if she knew exactly what was going on... then, she simply smiled.

"If that is your presentation for your class, Miss Bolt, I'm sure there will be a lot of homework to assign; now, if you will please excuse me - I have a lot of work to finish up."  Saying this, her eyes wandered over to a slice of chocolate cake on a styrofoam plate, sitting on the corner of her desk.

"There you go, Miss Bolt - and do be so kind as to make sure the other students make it to their respective classes."

Gently but firmly, Principal Celestia shooed Lektra out of her office and looked over at Trixie.  "Miss Lulamoon, we have a LOT of talking to do."

Trixie flicked her hair over her shoulder.  "Of course!  EVERYONE wants to talk to The Great And Powerful Trixie!"  She then got a look at the Principal's face; her haughty look changed to one of hesitant fear.  "Though... maybe it would be a better thing if Trixie wasn't always so popular..."  With that, she made her way into the office and closed the door.

As soon as the door shut, one of the hall monitors walked up.  "Here... from the office."  He handed over a permission slip, then simply walked off back down the hall, getting lost in the crowd almost instantly.

The Note Read:

[Not safe to talk here - meet me out by the cafeteria dumpsters.  - L.]

• Brohoof 2

"Well, that didn't go quite as planned," Amber said, as the group was ushered out of Celestia's office. They stood silently in the hallway that seemed suddenly packed as the students were rushing to their classes.

"I guess she's the local Celestia," Amber sighed, "I can't believe she's just a principle after all."

This world was certainly a strange one, the mare thought. In one incarnation, you can be a regal and powerful monarch, and in another, a glorified babysitter. Amber brought her hand up to her chin pensively.

"I hope we didn't seem too suspicious," she said, and found herself biting down on one of her nails, almost instinctively. She twitched her hand away as soon as she realized what she had been doing. Must be a human thing, she thought in disgust.

As soon as the door shut, one of the hall monitors walked up.  "Here... from the office."  He handed over a permission slip, then simply walked off back down the hall, getting lost in the crowd almost instantly.   The Note Read:   [Not safe to talk here - meet me out by the cafeteria dumpsters.  - L.]

Amber raised an eyebrow, then looked down at the note in Lektra's hands. Upon reading it, her eyes quickly darted back to the retreating figure, but he was gone. She looked at the group with a glare of determination mingled with suspicion.

"I guess we've got our next lead."

• Brohoof 1

Ice meanwhile had stayed in the library the whole time and was mostly interested in reading the books that were there. He eventually caught up to the others and asked Amber, "Um...what just happened? I was busy looking for a book, and the next thing I know, you guys are gone."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"We'll tell you on the way," Starchase ushered Ice Blizzard along as they marched toward down the empty hallways,their footsteps thundering and bouncing off the lockers.

A courier pulled up to the dojo and requested a signature for a package for an 'out of town' Caliber and promptly left after handing him a small well protected envelop with the same exact note the others had gotten.

• Brohoof 2

A courier pulled up to the dojo and requested a signature for a package for an 'out of town' Caliber and promptly left after handing him a small well protected envelop with the same exact note the others had gotten.

"...?" caliber was handed it by violet, and he started reading...

"...while its been fun...i gotta bounce. so, if i could have my sword back...?"

the other caliber looked at violet, who nodded. he took it off his back, and tossed it to equestria-caliber, who caught it. 

"thanks bud. ill be back later." he grinned, and started running towards the school.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The lot of them converged near the rear parking lot.  They exchanged a few words (surprisingly few of them rude) and followed the smell of rotten potatoes to the back of the cafeteria, where the dumpsters were kept.

From the thick stench, they weren't kept very well.

At first glance, there seemed to be nothing present - aside from the garbage, one or two rats, and a general sense of 'Authorized Personnel Only' vibe to it.  When a shadow slid out from the far end of the dumpster, the group stood ready to defend... but it wasn't a shadow.  It was Luna.

Well, THIS dimension's version of her, at any rate.  The similarities were astounding, though her mane-... um, I mean 'hair', wasn't full of stars; just hairspray.  She wore a smart navy blue pantsuit beneath the black trenchcoat, and sneakers instead of business footwear.  The look in her eyes was grim, and she studied each one of the group in turn. 

"You've already been drained... I'd hoped to catch you before that happened."

She sighed a weary gust, then shrugged.

"I suppose you know who I am already, so we can skip that part.  Questions are safe; out here is free from little ears," she glanced about a bit nervously, "so it's okay to talk about your Equestria - I already know about you."

"You've already been drained... I'd hoped to catch you before that happened."

She sighed a weary gust, then shrugged.

"I suppose you know who I am already, so we can skip that part. Questions are safe; out here is free from little ears," she glanced about a bit nervously, "so it's okay to talk about your Equestria - I already know about you."

Amber stepped forward, relieved to see a fellow Equestrian, and considered bowing before she realized that she had no idea how to, in this body. Instead she simply nodded her head.

"Drained--of our magic? she asked, looking concerned. She wanted to ask hkw it happened, or where it went, but another question came out first:

"Why are we here, Princess? What's going on...?" Amber could feel the pent-up stress and fear of these past days try and break free, and her voice let out a crack. She clenched her fists and looked pleadingly to the Princess.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

She sighed wearily, knowing what she had to say wouldn't be easy.

"My Equestrian counterpart and I have known of each other for some time now, and we have been exchanging information on goings-on for the past few years.  The lot of you are far from the first ones to come through from Equestria, and I was made aware shortly after you arrived... in fact, I've been trying to find you all since the 'sudden cold snap' down the street."

"But, a few months ago, there was another breach into this world; it was shortly after this that I started seeing the same washed-out coloration in my students as the lot of you are showing now.  Those particular individuals had a marked decrease in schoolwork and activities, and always seemed morose and tired."

"Your Luna and I have been working tirelessly to find the source of the trouble... and we may have come up with a possibility."

She reached into a pocket and produced a photograph.  For the moment, she held it in her hand, its subject unseen.

"There was someone who has been showing up recently in the library, reading their way through any and all books and magazines on modern technology, science and electronics.  Nobody really paid them much attention, as they never spoke to anyone... but they weren't a student here.  My sister saw the video feed and assumed it was a poor kid, struggling to study hard, so she paid them no mind and allowed it to continue.  If she had only known..."

She looked down at the photo.

"A couple of weeks ago, they just stopped showing up; it was shortly after this that the students began showing up with muted tones and personalities.  Then, about a day or two ago, something... happened... and it seemed like things felt wrong.  More wrong than they had ever been before.  Whatever's been going on, my sister has been affected, as well as much of the school campus."

Looking back up, she offered the photo to them.

"And I can't shake the feeling that this individual has something to do with it."

In the photograph, there was a table in the library that was stacked high with books and manuals.  Seated there, in a ratty, dirt-stained coat and jeans, was a short and pale man with thick-lensed glasses and a very studious look on his face, lost in concentration.  It was Gideon!

"I have no idea where he's disappeared to, but I am willing to bet that this person will have at least some of the answers I've been looking fo-"

Suddenly, there was a deep thump of a sound, like a single blast of bass, that rolled over them all before echoing into the distance.  Accompanying it, in the distance, was a flash of green light, then a pillar on bright green energy flashed into the sky, a discharge of energy that seemed to launch itself into space... then, just as quickly, it was gone.

"... that was the same thing that happened months ago!  When all this began!"

Oh yea, this Celestia knew the local me very well. Sweets would definitely do it, and they did do it. I happily ate my cake as I went with the others to meet Luna. Of course L stood for her.

I held my nose and groaned. "Oh man! The dirt and grime. As well as the smell! EW, Ew, ewwwwwwww!" I just panicked in place and jumped on top of Sparky to stand on him. Failing that because he was so much smaller than me I just let him carry me around like a baby in his arms, above the ground. So dirty. Can't touch. No.

Then I listened to the explanation, already convinced it was Gideon. When she finally showed the footage I grinned and spoke out loud. "Knew it. Totally knew it. I knew he was no good."

I felt really strange, like I was mute. My magic link with Sparky wasn't working and I had to actually speak to him now. Well, more than usual. Thankfully he knew me well enough that it was still mostly unnecessary. He shifted me over to his left claw and used his right claw as a shovel to clean some of the garbage laying around on the floor to throw it into the dumpster. He also handed me a clean napkin to cover my nose. It felt so much better covering my nose I was able to relax. Not stand properly and he still had to carry me, but at least relax.

"Uh guys, if it's not already apparent I really don't like it here. At all. What do you say we go investigate the bright flash and get as far away from this awful alley behind the school as possible?" I sighed and met eyes with Luna, who rolled her eyes but nodded understandingly.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

"This is a rather interesting place to meet, Princess." Attempting bow respectfully to Princess Luna, he was about to loose balance with his body bent to almost a right angle, wobbling a little as he straightened up. He felt rather silly of himself as he saw Amber take the more rational way of just nodding. Why didn't he think of that?

Starchase felt rather repulsed by the stench and filth. He may not have been the most orderly and clean pony person around but it made him more sick than he already felt. The world seem to spin as he listened to the pony human Princess, the smell didn't help. It was rather comical to see Lektra actually talking to her mechanical companion for once. Suppose all good relationships need communication he giggled to himself. "I knew that dodgy character was up to no good!" He sniffled. 

As the weird light blasted out into the sky, he was more than sure it wasn't of this world.

• Brohoof 1