Strongest villains as of now?

TheMarkz0ne

I am at work and will explain my reasonings when I'm home. But I wanted to kickstart the topic at hand. Here is my list, keep in mind explanation later in the evening.

1.) Discord( not a villain you get the idea)

2.) Tirek Full Power

3.) The Dazzlings( Before they were banished. obviously they were stronger before hand)

3.) Queen Chrysalis ( her base form is just under Celestia. Imagine feeding constantly)

4.) Nightmare Moon

5.) Sombra

?) Sunset Shimmer negative Elements of Harmony.

• Brohoof 3

I am at work and will explain my reasonings when I'm home. But I wanted to kickstart the topic at hand. Here is my list, keep in mind explanation later in the evening.

2.) Tirek Full Power

3.) The Dazzlings( Before they were banished. obviously they were stronger before hand)

3.) Queen Chrysalis ( her base form is just under Celestia. Imagine feeding constantly)

4.) Nightmare Moon

5.) Sombra

I disagree with Discord being the top dog as Tirek at full power absorbed Discord's magic. By definition, Tirek is likely the strongest villain on the show.

I'd have to put Nightmare Moon at third as she was able to beat Celestia in a fight and banish her to the sun. She's also one of the few villains that require the elements of harmony to beat quickly for how powerful she is.

You read the Chrysalis Fiendship comic if you don't mind me asking?

Other then that, I'd agree with the rest of the list.

1. Full powered Tirek.

2. Discord.

3. Nightmare Moon.

4. Dazzlings

5. Queen Chrysalis 

6. Sombra

7. Demon Sunset Shimmer.

• Brohoof 1

I disagree with Discord being the top dog as Tirek at full power absorbed Discord's magic. By definition, Tirek is likely the strongest villain on the show.

I'd have to put Nightmare Moon at third as she was able to beat Celestia in a fight and banish her to the sun. She's also one of the few villains that require the elements of harmony to beat quickly for how powerful she is.

You read the Chrysalis Fiendship comic if you don't mind me asking?

Other then that, I'd agree with the rest of the list.

1. Full powered Tirek.

2. Discord.

3. Nightmare Moon.

4. Dazzlings

5. Queen Chrysalis 

6. Sombra

7. Demon Sunset Shimmer.

The reason I put Chrysalis, Adagio, Aria and Sonata above Nightmare Moon, is because they can evolve faster due to energy absorption. Chrysalis in comic canon can absorb love and magic. 

What about Starlight Glimmer? She can mess with an alicorn's cutie mark. So could Tirek, he did it faster and easier though, but keep in mind she's not a mythological overpowered creature.

You have a point? I forgot about her, and I really can't list feat to compare to the others. Although removing CMs I can bet is taxing on her body. On the spot, she has to be slightly better than Twilight. 

• Brohoof 2

The reason I put Chrysalis, Adagio, Aria and Sonata above Nightmare Moon, is because they can evolve faster due to energy absorption. Chrysalis in comic canon can absorb love and magic. 

That would require prep time on Chrysalis's part, which in a battle won't be allowed unless specified she can. Without the prep, she won't have such power, not to mention in the comic, even after absorbing such magic and powers for a time, Celestia kicked her ass (it's the reason why she has those holes). The reason why I'm excusing the Dazzlings is because they were a great enough threat to Equestria once upon  a time that Starswirl had to banish them away from Equestria and it's magic (I will not consider that comic canon as it contradicted plenty of stuff from the movie).

Edited by Nuke87654

1. Tirek
  2. Discord
  3. Starlight Glimmer
  4. Nightmare Moon
  5. Dazzlings/Sirens
  6. Queen Chrysalis
  7. King Sombra
  8. Sunset Shimmer

Although I do think that the Sirens, Sombra and Chrysalis are strong in power. While the Sirens can cripple a pony by just singing, Sombra has the power to enslave an entire race, while Chrysalis is the leader of a whole army of another entire race. Chrysalis is also has the power of mind manipulation and transformation.

I'm going to go with Chrysalis- not just because she's my favorite pony but because of her shape shift ability- allowing her to take on multiple, powerful forms, and the fact she feeds on love. I mean, I think me alone would give her enough power to take over Equestrian without even needing to trick me!

• Brohoof 1

2.) Tirek Full Power

4.) Nightmare Moon

5.) Sombra

"Strongest" is a really vague term. Do you mean power-wise, or in a fight? Because despite Tirek holding the power advantage over Discord, Discord's powerset still allows him to turn Tirek into a set of Daisy's and be done with it.

Anyway, under the former:

Tirek (at max power held the magical energy of almost every being in Equestria)

Discord (for obvious reasons)

Sombra (from the crossed canons of the comics (Reflections Arc and Fiendship is Magic), we've seen that Sombra is at least stronger than one of the royal sisters at any given time, which ties back to the fact that both sisters were required to stop him.)

Nightmare Moon (Slightly stronger than Luna, but doesn't seem to be stronger than Celestia.)

Queen Chrysalis (fluctuates with absorbed love, but still only toppoing out to slightly above Celestia's level.)

Sunset Shimmer (mind control's interesting, but she got one-shotted before we could see any of her powers or abilities.)

• Brohoof 1

1) Tirek Full power (Discord power absorbed)

2) Nightmare Moon

3) King Sombra

4) Sirens

5) Base Queen Chrysalis

We can't actually place Discord in this list because I don't know how to consider him: sure, he can create and do what he likes, but is he really strong? 

I'm going to go with Chrysalis- not just because she's my favorite pony but because of her shape shift ability- allowing her to take on multiple, powerful forms, and the fact she feeds on love. I mean, I think me alone would give her enough power to take over Equestrian without even needing to trick me!

Villains that need wits and intelligence over brawn are the best. Chrysalis can be the most powerful theoretical villain in MLP. But I love her more for being well rounded. 

• Brohoof 1

Villains that need wits and intelligence over brawn are the best. Chrysalis can be the most powerful theoretical villain in MLP. But I love her more for being well rounded. 

I really do think she's the most dangerous. How dangerous she is in the show is purely up to the writers. I mean, imagine if Starlight Glimmer was really Chrysalis all along. She can pretend to be any villain or hero and slip in and out without notice. That's what I call deadly. Whether or not we'll see that kind of scheming....I kind of doubt it. It would be awesome in that I'm-so-scared way, though.  :blink:

Edited by BlackWater627

I really do think she's the most dangerous. How dangerous she is in the show is purely up to the writers. I mean, imagine if Starlight Glimmer was really Chrysalis all along. She can pretend to be any villain or hero and slip in and out without notice. That's what I call deadly. Whether or not we'll see that kind of scheming....I kind of doubt it. It would be awesome in that I'm-so-scared way, though.  :blink:

I like that IDW is giving all the villains attention, not just Chrysalis. The show doesn't care at all. With Keating Rogers leaving soon, who knows.

By default:

1. Discord.

2. NMM/Sombra.

3. Chrysalis/Tirek/Dazzlings.

4. Sunset/Starlight.

After boosts/corruption:

1. Tirek.

2. Discord.

3. NMM/Chrysalis/Sombra/Sunset/Dazzlings.

4. Starlight.

...I think.

Edited by A.V.

Well, if we're going by all-out power then full-power Tirek and Discord will win out for different reasons, but I'd like to mention Sombra for a few reasons.

Even though he likely doesn't have the power like they do, he does have a few attributes that make him dangerous in his own right:

1. Intelligence - Look at his traps; he almost beat Twilight and regained the Crystal Empire pre-emotively without so much as lifting a hoof.

2. Patience - He didn't blindly rush the wall; he bided his time until Cadence was finally exhausted.

3. Power - Being a shadow pony (comic canon) his powers are fairly unique and, thus, would have to be dealt with differently. Add in the fact he enslaved a nation that included unicorns and he is a force to be reckoned with.

4. One of the show staff (Ishi Rudell) mentioned that Sombra could cause quite a bit of damage to Equestria if given the chance.

So yeah I won't say he is the most powerful, but he is very dangerous in his own right.

Well, if we're going by all-out power then full-power Tirek and Discord will win out for different reasons, but I'd like to mention Sombra for a few reasons.

Even though he likely doesn't have the power like they do, he does have a few attributes that make him dangerous in his own right:

1. Intelligence - Look at his traps; he almost beat Twilight and regained the Crystal Empire pre-emotively without so much as lifting a hoof.

2. Patience - He didn't blindly rush the wall; he bided his time until Cadence was finally exhausted.

3. Power - Being a shadow pony (comic canon) his powers are fairly unique and, thus, would have to be dealt with differently. Add in the fact he enslaved a nation that included unicorns and he is a force to be reckoned with.

4. One of the show staff (Ishi Rudell) mentioned that Sombra could cause quite a bit of damage to Equestria if given the chance.

So yeah I won't say he is the most powerful, but he is very dangerous in his own right.

The unique thing about him is that unlike the other villains, he doesn't even have to be onscreen to show all ^that off.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

1. Tirek obviously

2. Discord

3. Sombra, maybe? We don't really know how strong he is.

4. Chrysalis

5. Nightmare Moon

6. Starlight Glimmer, she isn't that strong

In terms of sheer power, Tirek without a doubt since he had all (or a very large percentage to say the least) the magic in Equestria.

As for the most dangerous, I'd go with Discord pre-reformation since he knew his limits (ie the Elements of Harmony) and worked to remove them from the picture before moving forward with his plans as well as more generally relied more on his wits than his powers. 

It would also appear Chrysalis is stronger than Nightmare Moon, at least fully charged on Shining Armor's love, since she was able to best Princess Celestia while Nightmare Moon could not. (At least not when they first met, no idea what went down during the pilot between those two) 

Sombra is also very hard to calculate as his defeat is unknown save for the fact that he went up against both princesses, but it's still not known if he could beat one of them in single combat.

And he even (sort of) used the dome to his advantage:

That partially one of the main reasons why I find him to be brilliant. The temporary loss of his horn, while painful, was a bright tactical move to allow his presence to infect the Crystal Empire; even if on a somewhat small scale.

Besides; it did grow back. Probably a nice effect of his origin story in the comics. ^^