Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Canterlot High

NonbinaryDuck

@@Dreampuff

Sketchy laughed a bit "nah nah, I know... My full name can be taken in two different ways, but yeah it mean I like to draw" he said "just Call me Sketch" he noticed the broken glass on the floor "uhm, let me get that." He kneeled down and picked up the glass getting some of the content on his hoofs.

Hoof polish. Sketchy would need acetone to remove the paint from his hooves. At least he didn't have a fresh hooficure to ruin...

Dreampuff smiled gratefully and then sighed. "Aloe is going to kill me. I borrowed that hoof polish from her." She turned to Sketchy. "Thank you for cleaning that up. You didn't get any cuts from the glass, i hope?" 

@@Dreampuff

Sketchy looked at his hooves, which were now slightly smeared with hoofpolish "nope, I'm fine, but my hooves are super pretty though ha ha" he said with a smile "you shouldn't worry too much, it's just hoofpolish, right? Not like super expensive or anything?" He said

@@Dreampuff

Sketchy looked at his hooves, which were now slightly smeared with hoofpolish "nope, I'm fine, but my hooves are super pretty though ha ha" he said with a smile "you shouldn't worry too much, it's just hoofpolish, right? Not like super expensive or anything?" He said

"It's a salon brand... but it will be fine. Besides, it's a great color on you," Dreampuff said with a smile. She looked over at the mini tornado being formed at the other mare's desk and smiled bigger. This was going to be a fun school year. Everything was still new, but it was already comfortable. She couldn't wait to meet everypony else!

Jackie was in the nurse's office by herself, a little curious as to why the student hit the door like that. Ah well, not her business. All Chrysteel asked her to do was to redirect students if necessary. Shouldn't be too hard, right? Of course, she would have them wait if they were, like, bleeding profusely, missing a limb, but that only happened once last year. What are the odds of it happening again?

• Brohoof 1

Chrysteel returns to the office. "He will be fine. He just needed to blow off some steam."

Chrysteel asks, "Any students come by?" She reclaims her seat and desk.

She says, "If you need anything else just ask. I will be here."

-Aurora-

Aurora is in the school library reading a book. She takes her time waiting for her next class to start.

(edited)

@@Dreampuff

Sketchy grinned at the compliment "haha, I guess I do, don't I" he said looking at his colors hooves "I guess I'll wash them off after class" sketchy sat down in a seat next to Dreampuff. Sketchy thought that since class hadn't started yet, he could maybe start a conversation "hey, Dreampuff. What do you like to do" he asked curiously.

Edited by Pelate
  • Brohoof 1

"Nah, no students." She jumped up to give the nurse her seat back and gave her a nod. "I'll make sure I stop by again, even just to chat."

Jackie left the office and headed back down the hallway towards her classroom. She had a lunch with her name on it... as well as a list of repairs around the school. She was thinking about asking for a raise and she might actually get it, if she hid a threat in her request. Well, first things first. Everyone has to eat, right?

@@Dreampuff

Sketchy grinned at the compliment "haha, I guess I do, don't I" he said looking at his colors hooves "I guess I'll wash them off after class" sketchy sat down in a seat next to Dreampuff. Sketchy thought that since class hadn't started yet, he could maybe start a conversation "hey, Dreampuff. What do you like to do" he asked curiously.

Dreampuff smiled at the invitation to talk about her interests. "Well... I like shopping, parties, art galleries, modeling, hooficures (obviously), just talking... I like to experiment with my mane and try different styles. I don't always wear it up. Sometimes, I'll do like a half updo or completely down, but completely down is haaaaard in the summer because of the high humidity..."

@@Dreampuff

"Cool, I also like parties, it's really fun to socialize and everything" he said "I also like try different mane stule too, actually, it's really fun to see how I look in different mane styles, I actually have my mane longer than usual right now." He exclaimed.

@@Dreampuff

"Cool, I also like parties, it's really fun to socialize and everything" he said "I also like try different mane stule too, actually, it's really fun to see how I look in different mane styles, I actually have my mane longer than usual right now." He exclaimed.

"Ooh!" Dreampuff looked at his mane more carefully. It did indeed look like an originally shorter cut that had grown out some. All she wanted to do at that moment was French braid Sketchy's mane. Having been an only child who was raised and homeschooled by a string of nannies until this day, she had never had the typical pre-adolescent experiences she so desired. She had only ever been to her elder cousin's birthday parties. But she longed to socialize with ponies her own age. Not just her nanny, not just her cousin, not just the employees at the spa she frequented. She wanted to have a go-to group of besties. She wanted to have pool parties with colorful, tropical drinks. She wanted slumber parties. Slumber parties with silly selfies and makeovers and French braiding. But she remembered what her most recent nanny had said about not treating stallions as mares. She didn't understand why a stallion would be offended if a mare treated him like another mare... but she had to take her nanny's word for it as she knew no better. Then again, he had not seemed offended by her earlier comment about the hoof polish... but better safe than sorry.

• Brohoof 1

Lightning walked back to his class with his mane still concealed under the beanie.

He opened the door and sat down in a random chair. He held his head up with his hooves and rested his eye in exhaustion. He hadn't eaten well in weeks and hadn't slept last night. 

@

Tranq slunk into her next class, and spotted one of the stallions who had heard her playing earlier. She slid into the desk next to him. "You look like crap," she said frankly, then kicked herself mentally. Nice introduction. "Tranq," she grunted. "My name. It's Tranq." She added nothing about her disappearance earlier, because he shouldn't have been listening in the first place, she rationalized to herself.

@@NonbinaryDuck

Jackie decided that she would make a stop by the principal's office before going back to her own. After making a turn or two, she found herself at the door and didn't think otherwise about how she would enter. She simply knocked twice and opened the door, leaning against the frame. She had rarely spoken to Diamondheart before, but Jackie never saw a reason to tiptoe around her.

"Howdy, boss. I'm a little surprised to see you here~"

• Brohoof 1

@

The mare's eyes glared at Jackie, somewhat confused. 'That's strange, usually nopony comes in here just because they actually want to..' Diamondheart thought, 'well, this is a nice surprise I suppose'. "Oh yeah, hehe, sorry.." Diamondheart said, somewhat flustered, "I don't know why, but it's been pretty busy back at home." She had a cheesy, sheepish smile and awkwardly stared at Ms. Trade for awhile. 'I hope she doesn't get on my case about that actually.. I don't want to scare anypony off.. Let's see how I can change the subject here..' she continued to wonder. "Ah hah!-- I mean.. Uh.. So, how have classes been? Any students misbehaving, or perhaps do you need help with something? I can always be of assistance!"

@@NonbinaryDuck,

"Nah, just stopping by to check on ya. You sounded stressed over the PA, so I thought you may wanna talk, rant or some shit." Jackie founds a bit of fuzz on her vest and brushed it off, returning her focus to the mare. That little stint was more than what she said to her last year. Funny how you can work with someone and never talk to them. "Everything okay? Need to get something off your chest?"

@

While the light coral-brown pony was talking, Diamondheart started to arrange some stuff around in her office. Even though she worked with the Jackie for awhile, she could never get used to her own staff members cussing. Not that she mind, it just always would give her a jolt because she definitely knows that the staff acts completely different around with fellow members versus average students. The thought of it also makes her laugh.. While her mind was on that, she responded back to Ms. Trade's question.

"Uh.. hehe nah I think I'm fine..." she said, sounding very weary. "There's.. just alot going on back where I live-- that's all. Nothing to be of concern." She once again flashed a cheesy smile, trying to keep positive spirit. "I'd also like to apologize for not speaking with.. well.. anypony much, to be honest. Just.. paperwork, and.. you know, small things build up and add stress. Also I'm pretty sure you're a busy mare yourself, yes? I wouldn't want to disturb great teachers." She started to relax more as she slowly sat back down on her chair, and slowly a realistic calm smile started to reveal on her face. "Oh, where are my manners-- please, sit down." she somewhat giggled, pointing towards one of the cushioned greyish red chairs that faced towards her office desk.

@@Love,

"Thanks, at least you're honest. I'm Lightning."

He smirked.

"You really do have talent. It seems you try to hide it, why is that exactly?"

He had picked up the mare obviously didn't want them to hear her music, by the way she acted towards it, and he was determined to find the answer.

@,

"I'mnotabandgeek," Tranq mumbled barely loud enough to be heard. She sulked low in her seat. "Doesn't matter anyway," she said, this time clearer. She pushed her sunglasses up to her forehead, squinting at the invading light. "I won't be here long enough to...well...to do anything."

(edited)

@@NonbinaryDuck,

Jackie took the invitation to sit and planted her rump in the somewhat uncomfortable chair. She smiled, watching the principal fidget around while she sat there. "I actually have a free period. If you remember, you gave me a list of repairs to get done before school started this morning. Gave it to me yesterday." Jackie lifted up her hooves and shrugged. "Kind of a long list for only a day's notice, huh?"

Jackie sighed, not enjoying how stressed out Diamondheart seemed. "Listen, I don't care about the list, as long as you don't. I was gonna ask for a raise, but as of right now, I'm gonna hold off. I really don't wanna push more paperwork on you right now. That's not fair to you. Actually, is there anything I can do for you to get you to relax? I know a few techniques to really take the edge off."

Edited by x0jackie0x

@@Love,

"No, not band-geek, just someone that really loves music."

Lightning leaned back in his chair.

"And don't think you're getting kicked out too easily, the teachers here will take a lot before they crack."

He sighed, "Hey, you didn't hear any of that argument me and the other stallion had, did you?" 

@

Diamondheart immediately stopped what she was doing and looked directly in the mare's eyes, which is actually impressive considering she always had issues with eye contact. She just kept staring for a short time-- you can definitely tell she was thinking while she spaced out. Instantly, you could see tears in her eyes. "O-Ohh.. I'm very sorry.." she said, quietly sniffling, "Ugh.. I've been wanting to give you an earlier notice, but thin-things just been out of hoof.." She somewhat stuttered as she talked. She became extremely embarrassed from crying in front of her, but she couldn't hold it any longer. Her hooves kept rubbing her eyes and she tried snapping herself out of it, but it was difficult. She was still shaking from being so bothered by what's going on so far, she was just flustered.

"You don't have to w-worry about the list, either way, i-it can be held off later..." she said, "I-I'll take care of half o-of the list, so that will put l-less stress on you. You can al-always complete it a few days f-from now, it's really no big deal.." She somewhat stop shivering and stuttering, and was thinking about what Jackie said. She always wanted help, but from other staff members with their own problems? No. She was a bit stunned regardless. She knows better that she shouldn't bring up personal issues into such a huge and complex workplace that is Canterlot High, so she was quite embarrassed.

@@NonbinaryDuck

Jackie went wide-eyed and immediately felt like trash. She didn't intend to make her cry... hell, she didn't mean to even really be mean about anything! She just didn't know that the principal was so sensitive. She stood up and hurried to the other side of the desk, giving her boss a hug, despite not asking for permission. She hoped this wasn't a bad move.

"Listen, I didn't mean any harm, okay? Forget about the list. I can finish that quickly. And there's no need to help me out, you have enough to do on your own. Just focus on what's important to you." Jackie felt so bad... what a way to start the school year. "We should be helping you out. It's tough to share personal issues, but often, the stress can be lessened if you let us in on it."

@

Diamondheart calmed down finally, especially when being hugged, making her feel more secure. She felt embarrassed, once again, and felt so bad for making anypony worry about anything which she does. She kind of giggled to try to lighten up the mood, and replied to Jackie's caring response, "Oh, don't feel bad. I'm just sensitive.. Sorry, sometimes I overreact, it's uh.. kind of a thing about me." A smile lit up on Diamond's face, and hugged the light brown mare back. She stopped hugging after awhile, and then brought back up the issue, "And I'll help you, and there's nothing you can do to change my mind. Another thing is that you're right-- we should be open with each other pony to let each other know what's going on. We need to be better mutuals to help each other out to improve the school's performance overall.

"Sorry, I just have a hard time discussing my issues, you know? Also I fear whatever I say may stir up problems, that's all. I have nothing much to talk about for now, but if I ever do, I'll be glad to run up to you first for any help. You can also have me for emotional assistance as well, I'll be glad to aid!" She had a gleaming smile, hoping that Trade would understand. "Well, it's getting pretty late-- almost time for next period. I'll see you soon?" she asked, hoping Jackie would oblige.

@

"Not a band geek, huh? I've heard that before," Tranq said with a scoff. "Right before I ended up with a trash can over my head. Not long after that, I got my first expulsion," she finished ominously. "At least nobody messed with me after that," she muttered, more to herself than her conversation partner. "Word got around."

She sighed and changed the subject. Tranq rubbed her chin with a mischievous grin on her face. "Take a lot to crack, huh. Now that sounds like a challenge." She pulled herself out of her slumped position and in to one that was more comfortable.

"I kind of high-tailed it out of the room once the three of you showed up. What'd you fight about?" she stopped herself short of offer to pound the stuffing out of the other guy. Not my problem.

(edited)

@@Love,

He grinned.

"What did we fight about, uh- don't worry.."

He trailed off and his smile turned into a frown, but only for a second. He didn't want to make himself seem any more suspicious than he already was.

"So, let me guess, you bashed a pony and got kicked out? Eh, nothing too scary I guess.."

He winked, almost as if he was giving the pony a challenge.

He shrugged.

"At least you can fight, I guess. Don't think I'm gonna be scared of you anytime soon."

He chuckled.

Edited by Lightning