Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Canterlot High

NonbinaryDuck

@@Little Red,

Lightning turned to the pony talking to him.

"Lightning. What do you want?"

He was focused on other things at the moment and didn't want to bother with talking to another pony. He noticed it was the mare that had snickered when he lost his board. He closed his eyes and let himself cool off, before waiting for his answer.  

Skylar grinned. "Hey, no need to have a bad attitude. Nice to meet you, Lightning." She decided she wanted to meet other ponies. After all, she definitely didn't want her only friend to be this grumpy guy. She moved to Lightning Strike.

"Hey," Skylar greeted the blue pegasus, "so, we got two Lightnings in our class, huh?"

• Brohoof 1

"I meant introduce yourself to the class, not amongst each other. Save that for later." She took a long sip of her coffee, grimacing. "Ugh, not enough sugar..." She stood up to pour a bit more sugar into her drink. "Come on, we don't have a lot of time. You gotta learn something about engineering today."

Skylar rolled her eyes and resettled in her seat. Okay, maybe she and this teacher wouldn't get along well. Skylar immediately decided to hate her again as she put herself in a sulky pose on the desk.

"So, what are we gonna learn, then?" she demanded hostilely.

"How to keep quiet while others are introducing themselves. You're capable of that, right?" Jackie squinted her eyes to see the name tag of who she was talking to and wrote their name down, with a little 'might be an issue' note right underneath. "We can make this class easy or a pain in the a... flank." She really needed to watch her mouth. Too strong a habit of not having to.

Skylar grinned. "Hey, no need to have a bad attitude. Nice to meet you, Lightning." She decided she wanted to meet other ponies. After all, she definitely didn't want her only friend to be this grumpy guy. She moved to Lightning Strike.

"Hey," Skylar greeted the blue pegasus, "so, we got two Lightnings in our class, huh?"

"Yep, I guess so" she could tell she and this other Pegasus might be friends in the near future. "Except I'm not grumpy all the time" she said, laughing a little. "I'm lightning strike, who are you?" She started to re-create the mini tornado on her desk by flapping her wings

Aurora stands from her seat and says, "My name is Quantum Aurora. I originally am from Ponyville. My parents work as resreachers of a sort here in Canterlot. I was born with a rare Degenerative condition that should have killed me when I was 5 but mom developed a way for me to live a normal life. My limbs are the Direct visible results of her designs. That which was lost was regained. Please don't treat me any different then you would another peer. Thank you."

Aurora then sits back down.

(Sonicdashie, I am ignoring your earlier comment, about something my chara was thinking not saying. Please read the two words after the thought phrase.)

(edited)

While she was controlling the mini tornado on her desk, she thought of something that could make it a little more awesome. She concentrated really hard, soon, a very small cloud appeared above her, lightning flashing inside of it, she moved the cloud over the tornado and let some of the lightning go in, after there was lightning in the tornado she got rid of the cloud before any pony noticed it. Lightning was flashing inside of the tornado now, but since LS was keeping it under control, no damage was done to the classroom and her classmates.

Edited by sonicdashie

"So, uh... Lightning, is it? Not you, the one with the potential of electrocuting all of us right now." Jackie finished off her coffee, sighing heavily, all of the warm liquid sloshing around in her belly. She hoped it would be enough to keep her awake. "What happens if I was to, say, throw something at you and cause you to lose concentration. Would that little display suddenly go haywire?"

(edited)

"Probably, but If I was to re-gain my focus on keeping the tornado under control quick enough, everything would be alright" "but if you threw something at me, causing me to lose focus and stop flapping my wings, the tornado would keep spinning around on my desk, but the lightning would most likely fly out of this tornado."

Edited by sonicdashie

(edited)

"Yeah. That wouldn't be good. Another thing you will learn in this class is how to be practical and how to lessen risk. The concept of risk... when working on a project, you have to think. What are you doing? Is anything on here going to hurt me? Is it going to damage any other equipment? What is the possible loss from my actions? Like me, currently balancing my too large mug on the corner of my desk." She had a hoof on her mug and was tilting it sideways, letting it lean over the edge of the desk. "If I let this drop, then by my actions, not only do I have to order a new mug, but clean up what little coffee is left, replace the cracked tile and hope that a shard doesn't fly into your eye and blind you."

"You don't know if anyone in here has a heart condition. Imagine if they did and got struck by a random bit of lightning. Small one, yes, but it would be enough to stop their heart. Engineers understand that you can't fully eliminate risks, but you can take steps to lessen it. Even if that means completely stopping what you're doing." She pulled the mug back on her desk and gestured at her to cease making the tornado. "Call it paranoia, but such actions have saved lives, money and time. And think about it... would the rules be in place if something bad hadn't happened to cite a need for it?"

Edited by x0jackie0x

LS sighed, she crushed the tornado with her good, making its, along with the lightning, disappear. "I'm sorry, I didn't think about that. Or all the outcomes you said could happen..." She put her chin back down on her desk and stared at the board with a bored expression

"Don't worry too much about it. It's all a part of growing up. Once we hit that point in our lives, everyone has to apply that to everything they do, otherwise, they could lose everything. Responsibility sucks, I know. I still can't stand it, but it's a necessary part of our lives." She cracked her neck and cleared her throat. "Alright, that's enough of the introductions. Class is about half over. Take a five minute break, stretch out and talk."

@@Little Red

LS thought this would be a good opportunity to get to know her fellow classmates, she got out of her seat and went over to the grey pegasus with the red hair who talked to her earlier. "so, now that we are on break, we can get to know each other properly. My name is Lightning Strike, but you probably already knew that" 

@@Little Red

LS thought this would be a good opportunity to get to know her fellow classmates, she got out of her seat and went over to the grey pegasus with the red hair who talked to her earlier. "so, now that we are on break, we can get to know each other properly. My name is Lightning Strike, but you probably already knew that" 

(Sorry for late response!)

"Yep," Skylar said, grinning at Lightning. "I'm Skylar. You can call me Skylar or Sky. I'm super fast and I'm gonna be the head of the air-ball team here at Canterlot high! Well, I'm also going to start the air-ball team." She rolled her eyes. "I swear, why this school has no air-ball team-- whatever. I used to go to a school in Manehatten waaaay bigger than this. What about you? Where are you from?"

(Sorry for late response!)

"Yep," Skylar said, grinning at Lightning. "I'm Skylar. You can call me Skylar or Sky. I'm super fast and I'm gonna be the head of the air-ball team here at Canterlot high! Well, I'm also going to start the air-ball team." She rolled her eyes. "I swear, why this school has no air-ball team-- whatever. I used to go to a school in Manehatten waaaay bigger than this. What about you? Where are you from?"

"Well just like any other pegasus I'm from cloudsdale, and ya know, I'm also pretty fast, wanna race sometime?" She asked, grinning a little. She could tell they were going to be friends. "Anyway, what is air-ball? It sounds fun!" She said excidetly, flapping her wings a little

"Well just like any other pegasus I'm from cloudsdale, and ya know, I'm also pretty fast, wanna race sometime?" She asked, grinning a little. She could tell they were going to be friends. "Anyway, what is air-ball? It sounds fun!" She said excidetly, flapping her wings a little

"Buck yeah, let's race as soon as we get out of this coop!" Skylar said, wings rustling in excitement. "Air-ball is an up-and-coming sport! It's like soccer..." at this she got very excited. "Except in the air! I'll show you how to play at some point," she said, grinning broadly.

"Buck yeah, let's race as soon as we get out of this coop!" Skylar said, wings rustling in excitement. "Air-ball is an up-and-coming sport! It's like soccer..." at this she got very excited. "Except in the air! I'll show you how to play at some point," she said, grinning broadly.

"awesome, and air-ball sounds great!" She sighed "ugh, how much longer until class is over....I need to move!" She said, banging her head on her desk and keeping her head there. She did a sort of muffled groan with her head still on the desk. She lifted her head up. "Well anyway, on the bright side, class can't be too much longer

"awesome, and air-ball sounds great!" She sighed "ugh, how much longer until class is over....I need to move!" She said, banging her head on her desk and keeping her head there. She did a sort of muffled groan with her head still on the desk. She lifted her head up. "Well anyway, on the bright side, class can't be too much longer

"You bet it is!" Skylar said, grinning, ruffling her wings again. "Ugh! This is dull. Anyway, air-ball-- if the ball touches the ground or if you hold it in your mouth that's a foul. It's so fun-- and the field at this school is super big, so it'll be great for playing. Anyway, what do you think of Trade?" Skylar asked, glancing at Jackie Trade. She was definitely the most unique teacher she'd ever had, even from a first glance. Admittedly, though, she had not had very interesting teachers in the past.

"You bet it is!" Skylar said, grinning, ruffling her wings again. "Ugh! This is dull. Anyway, air-ball-- if the ball touches the ground or if you hold it in your mouth that's a foul. It's so fun-- and the field at this school is super big, so it'll be great for playing. Anyway, what do you think of Trade?" Skylar asked, glancing at Jackie Trade. She was definitely the most unique teacher she'd ever had, even from a first glance. Admittedly, though, she had not had very interesting teachers in the past.

"I think ms Jackie is really nice, even though she ruins fun" he said, looking at the ground. "I think the track will be the perfect place for the race, but I have to warn you, I'm pretty fast" he said, grinning a little. She walked up to ms Jackie. "Um, excuse me, but how much longer until class is over?" She asked her

@@sonicdashie,@@Little Red,

"Um... let's see. Like, a half hour or so. That reminds me, it's been a little over five minutes. Alright, everyone, eyes to the front." Jackie pulled up a large textbook and dropped it on the desk with a loud thwap! She flipped open the cover and turned the pages to chapter one. "Turn to chapter one. Safety standards and schematics. The basics of engineeering."

After selected reading and small exercises, Jackie glances at the clock again and shut her book. "Five minutes of class left. Talk amongst yourselves."

(edited)

@@SunshineShimmer231

Jackie looks towards the back of the class and notices Sunshine looking quite down. She looked down at the nametag, then at her sheet to make sure she had the right name. "Um... Sunshine Shimmer? Can you stay after class for a few minutes? I need to ask you about something."

Edited by x0jackie0x

Skylar had fallen asleep two minutes into the reading of the book. Her head jolted up.

"Haha! YES! School's out!" She said, jumping to her feet. Then realized it wasn't and wilted. She strolled to Lightning.

"Yeah, let's meet at the track after class! Break isn't too long, but should be enough for a high-speed race!" Skylar winked. She paused, attention diverting to what seemed to be an alicorn nearby.

"Hey, you know who that is?" Skylar asked Lightning, gesturing at the alicorn who was talking to Miss Trade.

(edited)

@@SunshineShimmer231,

"I won't keep you." She leaned a bit, keeping quiet so the other students wouldn't hear. "What's got you all twisted up, hun? It's a bit strange for someone to just start breaking out into tears like that." She looked around her at the source of the snickers, flashing them a look to be quiet. "Any of the students directly bothering you?"

Edited by x0jackie0x

Skylar had fallen asleep two minutes into the reading of the book. Her head jolted up.

"Haha! YES! School's out!" She said, jumping to her feet. Then realized it wasn't and wilted. She strolled to Lightning.

"Yeah, let's meet at the track after class! Break isn't too long, but should be enough for a high-speed race!" Skylar winked. She paused, attention diverting to what seemed to be an alicorn nearby.

"Hey, you know who that is?" Skylar asked Lightning, gesturing at the alicorn who was talking to Miss Trade.

"Alright! yeah, we should be back soon enough, because we r both rly fast flyers" she said, opening her wings, then she looked at the alicorn, "huh? no I don't think I know who that is" then she looked back at skylar, "so, think you'll be able to beat me in the race?" She said, grinning

"Alright! yeah, we should be back soon enough, because we r both rly fast flyers" she said, opening her wings, then she looked at the alicorn, "huh? no I don't think I know who that is" then she looked back at skylar, "so, think you'll be able to beat me in the race?" She said, grinning

Skylar watched the alicorn for a moment longer then shrugged, turning back to Lightning. She smirked. "Well, I dunno. But I was one of the three fastest flyers at my old school!" Skylar boasted, thumping a hoof on her chest and spreading her gargantuan wings, "but you look pretty fast. So I'm just racing you for fun." She grinned. "But if you beat me, you can color me impressed!"