Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Canterlot High

NonbinaryDuck

Aurora is chuckling from her seat in the back row. She knows where the teacher is but isn't going to tell. She already said the teacher was here and now she knows that the magical construct is sitting by said teacher.

She asks, "Who knows about our teacher? I am curious."

Lightning sped down the hall before coming to a stop outside the Engineering Class.

He walked through, only to find no teacher in sight. He grinned.

He walked and threw his bag down on the desk, sitting down slowly. This lesson was gonna be easy if no teacher showed, he rested his eyes once more, but this time made sure not to fall asleep.

(edited)

By the sound of it the mare in the back was onto something. Good good, I'd actually prepared for this eventuality. There was a lever on the right side of the blackboard. Currently it was in the up position. "Gee, I wonder what this does?" I said innocently as I used my magic to swing the lever into the down position. The blackboard swung open to reveal another blackboard, but this one had writing on it.

"Welcome to Experimental Engineering. My name is Lektra Bolt and I'll be your teacher. The first part of today's lesson consists of a test, and depending on how long you all take we'll move on to the second part. You will receive extra credit on three projects of your choice if you successfully complete it. The test isn't an individual thing, and each student who can prove they completed it will receive the extra credit. The test is designed to check your deductive reasoning and observational skills. I'll be watching you.

Oh wait, you say I'm not in the room to watch you? Why, that's the test! Your task is to find me and prove who I am! One of these students is not like the others. One of these students doesn't belong.

Good luck!"

"Yea, not something I care about." I commented as I silently pretended to read the words on the blackboard and seemingly slumped over to sleep, closing my eyes. Little did they know I was sharing Sparky's sight, who jumped to sit in the chair behind the teacher's desk in the middle of the room.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 2

"What?" Skylar stared blankly at the board, reading it. "That's..." Actually... really cool! "Do you think that the teacher is some sort of spy?!" Skylar demanded of everybody, suddenly very excited. "I bet she had video cameras!" She flew up to the ceiling and began inspecting it very thoroughly.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sigma listened to the challenge, thinking "That's pretty odd... Maybe the teacher's trying to make the first day of school fun."

@@Little Red

The white unicorn walked in to the room, and observed a mare flying close the the ceiling; staring at it intently for some strange reason.

"Excuse me!" Sigma yelled to the mare, trying to catch her attention while waving his hoof. "I don't think it's very likely that we'll find any evidence from the ceiling. Think about it this way: The blackboard says that A, we have to find the teacher, and B, one of the students in the classroom isn't like the others. It's reasonable to think that the teacher is hiding in plain sight amongst the students. If we search her desk for any pictures, we may be able to identify who she is." Sigma yelled, hoping that the mare was paying attention. "Do you want to search the teacher's desk with me, or would you rather stare at the ceiling?"

Edited by Sigma
  • Brohoof 1

@@bronislav84

Sketchy read the board "well... Ok then..." He said slowly. Sketchy looks around the classroom still sitting in his seat "this is definitely not what I was expecting at all in the beginning of the year" he mumbled. *GASP* "I KNOW!!! The teacher is INVISIBLE!!!" He blurted raising his hoof like an idiot.

• Brohoof 3

Checking her schedule, it looked like ...Engineering was next. What the...? Who has engineering in high school? Whatever. Packing her violin back up for the second day, she moseyed slowly to her next class, popping gum obnoxiously in her mouth. Walking through the door she heard one of the students shout, and just shook her head. There was a bunch of stuff on the board that she didn't bother reading. Instead, she pulled out one of the chairs from a student desk, dragging it along the floor, causing a loud, long, unpleasant whine from the chair legs. She plunked down unceremoniously in the chair, flopped over the desk and laid her head down on the table's top, tuning out everything in the class that was going on. She secured her sunglasses over her eyes.

• Brohoof 2

@@Sigma,

Skylar rolled her eyes at the pony. Man, he seemed stuck up. "You do that. I'll do something actually useful. Our teacher is obviously one of the C.S.A, you dimwit!" The C.S.A, in her old school, had been a supposed rumor called "Celestia's Secret Agents." Her parents had laughed at her for believing in it, but she knew it was true. This only proved it!

"I KNOW!!! The teacher is INVISIBLE!!!"

Skylar stared at the pony in little concealed disbelief. "Don't be stupi--" she stopped herself and her eyes widened. "OF COURSE!! That's how the C.S.A. have avoided detection this long! They have invisibility amulets!" She began sniffing at all the walls.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Little Red

Sketchy said it as a joke, but he came to the conclusion that this pony was out of her mind, or something, so he decided to play along "I know what to do!" He said "we need a bucket of water, we find any empty desk, and we dump it on the 'invisible pony'" he exclaimed, holding back some laughter *wow this class just got interesting* he thought to himself.

Edited by Pelate

@@Little Red

Sigma gave out a cheerful giggle. The mare seemed a bit... out of it, but she was funny nonetheless. "All right, I guess our results will determine who's methods are more effective." the stallion said to the eccentric mare before trotting over to the teacher's desk at the front of the room.

"Hmm, no pictures on top of the desk." Sigma thought to himself, thinking that this is where the pictures were most likely to be at. The unicorn continued to thoroughly search the desk, and still found no pictures. "Darn." he thought to himself. Sigma then tried to formulate a new plan.

"Ah, I know!" Sigma thought to himself. "Most teachers have a role call sheet that they use to check and see if any students are absent. If I find a role call sheet, and systematically check students off that list, then the teacher will be found through process of elimination." Sigma then proceeded to try and find a role call sheet somewhere in the desk.

(edited)

@@Pelate,

Skylar looked at him very strangely. She noticed a pony entering from the corner of her eye, but didn't bother looking.

"Don't be stupid," she informed the genius pony that had suggested invisibility as an option, "that is ridiculous."

For the life of her, she couldn't smell or hear any other pony in the room. Maybe she wasn't-- then, her eyes got attracted to the newcomer in the room. She squinted at her. She seemed annoyed, and maybe a little older than a normal student.

@@Love,

"You!" Skylar barked, marching over to her desk. "You're the teacher, aren't you?! You're a teacher in disguise just to play a prank on us! Well, I'm not stupid!"

Edited by Little Red
  • Brohoof 1

@@Little Red, Tranq raised her head, and one eyebrow, then replied with "I don't even know what you're talking about. So no. No, I am definitely not the teacher." She slumped back over her desk, but this time cocked her head enough to read the board so she would have at least some idea why people were interrupting her attempted nap with their incessant shouting.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Skylar narrowed her eyes at the response of the half-asleep pony. "Hm, you're denial is awfully suspicious... but perhaps it isn't you." She jumped on the teacher's desk, sizing up all the ponies in the room. "The teacher is among us, hiding! I can feel it!" She disturbed many sheets on the desk, clattering clipboards and papers on the floor. One clattered very near the stuck-up pony from earlier, almost hitting him.

Edited by Little Red
  • Brohoof 1

"Ah-ow!" Sigma let out at he was startled by the eccentric mare before hitting the wall behind him. The stallion then continued to rub the back of his head and address the mare.

"You can throw accusations all you want, but we won't know who the teacher is until we find evidence." Sigma stated sternly. "There weren't any pictures on or in the desk, but I have a new idea. The teacher almost certainly has a role call sheet; every teacher does, and even though I didn't find it in the desk, it has to be somewhere in this room or close to it. Will you help me look for it?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@NonbinaryDuck,

Oh it's okay. My name's Pink Mist m'am. She gave a small smile as she bowed her head slightly in respect. I would really appreciate getting a tour, this place is pretty big from what I've seen so far and I'm scared of getting lost during my first week. It always happens. Pink chuckled slightly as she thought of her previous mishaps in other schools she had attended. 

Edited by Pink Mist

(edited)

@@Little Red

Sketchy laughted "damn, you got your head in the game." He said playfully "you don't have to be mean though, I was just playing around" he said still smiling. sketchy was amused by this mare's investigations, accusing ponies like a detective. Then sketchy had a 'realization' "man, what if teach is jus' chillin' at the teachers lounge sippin', like, coffee, or somethin' while we aimlessly look for her" he said leaning back in his seat imagining the teacher in the teachers lounge laughing at the students.

Edited by Pelate

"There weren't any pictures on or in the desk, but I have a new idea. The teacher almost certainly has a role call sheet; every teacher does, and even though I didn't find it in the desk, it has to be somewhere in this room or close to it. Will you help me look for it?"

Skylar blinked at him. She then threw a leg around his shoulders.

"You, good pony, are a genius! I shall appoint you to be my right-hand." She said, then paused at the strange words coming out of her mouth. "Right-hoof, that is." She removed her leg from around her shoulders, scanning the desk. She looked at the room beside the classroom, forbidden by them through a closed door.

"I bet it's in there! I bet that is his secret laboratory!" Skylar cried. "Or her," she mused after a moment.

man, what if teach is jus' chillin' at the teachers lounge sippin', like, coffee, or somethin' while we aimlessly look for her" he said leaning back in his seat imagining the teacher in the teachers lounge laughing at the students.

Skylar froze. "I WILL KILL-- no, no, I can feel it! Our teacher is in this room! And the sheet that will tell us who it is... is in there!" She pointed at the "secret lab."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Aurora says, "I know who the teacher is. That is why I asked. First whoever made her is a genius. SHE is well made and the mana flow flows seamlessly within her. Second, this room is probably the teachers lab as well, so it safe to assume the teacher knows this place all to well. Third, the mana signature around the place only matches one of us. However, sense I saw the teacher's mana flow while she slept, I won't be answering unless yall can't."

She points to Sparky when she fist spoke.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

(edited)

Skylar blinked at him. She then threw a leg around his shoulders.

"You, good pony, are a genius! I shall appoint you to be my right-hand." She said, then paused at the strange words coming out of her mouth. "Right-hoof, that is." She removed her leg from around her shoulders, scanning the desk. She looked at the room beside the classroom, forbidden by them through a closed door.

"I bet it's in there! I bet that is his secret laboratory!" Skylar cried. "Or her," she mused after a moment.

Skylar froze. "I WILL KILL-- no, no, I can feel it! Our teacher is in this room! And the sheet that will tell us who it is... is in there!" She pointed at the "secret lab."

Lightning stared daggers at the red mare.

"Can you please shut up?"

He let his eyelids droop down to their half closed state before he spoke.

"The teacher isn't invisible, or part of the C.I.A. They're probably just doing something else, think about it rationally next time."

The pony screaming irritated him to no end, but he felt a sort of comfort knowing that at least somepony still had a wild imagination such as her. He had lost that privilege too early.

Edited by Chill

(edited)

@

@@Little Red

Sketchy's smile disappeared slowly turned his head toward the pony who suddenly spoke, sketchy looked at him with a blank expression, he sighed and turned away *geez man, buzzkill much?* he mumbled rolling his eyes at the comment. Sketchy could already tell he wasn't going to like this guy *I guess some ponies just can't have fun* he thought.

Edited by Pelate

(edited)

Aurora was laughing. She knew who and where the teacher was. She just wants to see if anypony can put her clues together. She didn't realize that the teacher is actually her age yet. Aurora says, "Your right about one thing, the teacher is in this class room."

• Brohoof 1

"I know who the teacher is. That is why I asked. First whoever made her is a genius. SHE is well made and the mana flow flows seamlessly within her. Second, this room is probably the teachers lab as well, so it safe to assume the teacher knows this place all to well. Third, the mana signature around the place only matches one of us. However, sense I saw the teacher's mana flow while she slept, I won't be answering unless yall can't."

"You know who it is?! Mana flow? Whata-what? Whatever!" Skyler grumbled, ticked. She would figure this out on her own, no matter what!

Can you please shut up?"

Skylar blinked several times. For a moment, she felt hurt and guilty. But that was just a moment. She stormed up to him as he finished laughing at her C.S.A. theory.

"Well, you're not helping! And teacher ain't around! And you ain't my mom! So you can not tell me what t' do!" she said, turning her head with each other word. She flipped around, thwacking him with her tail sassily, and trotted back to the secret lab door.

"Your right about one thing, the teacher is in this class room."

Skylar turned again and was immediately face-to-face with Aurora. "Then spill!" She ordered, bossily, as though the last thing she had said was not that others couldn't order her what to do.

(edited)

Aurora says, "If I do that. Then only I get the credit. Why should I be the only one to get credit? The reason I know who it is, is because I was first in the class to arrive and second I don't see things normally. Being blind physically my Magiteck limbs give me a different kind of sight."

She then says, "I also have already said who it is. But I did it in a way that we all can get the credit. Just remember what I said earlier."

Aurora is continuing to play the teacher's game. She then says, "5 minutes then I will reveal who our teacher Lektra is. Name was written on the blackboard."

• Brohoof 1

@@Midnight_Aurora,

Skylar blinked several times, then slowly withdrew her face, eyes narrowed. "Aaaaaaaaaalrighty..." she said, turning to the board. "Oh. Oh. Her name's Lektra." She jumped on a desk.

"Alright, everyone, introduce yourselves now! I'm Skylar!" she cried, very proud of herself for figuring this full-proof way of figuring out who the teacher was, already forgetting Aurora.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Little Red

Sketchy's eyes widened when Skylar stood atop a desk, and yelled her name. Sketchy realized what she was doing, so jumped out of his seat and yelled "I'M SKETCHY!!!" waving a hoof in the air, Sketchy was for sure Skylar's plan would work, there was no way this could be foiled, unless the teachers lounge idea was actually true.

Edited by Pelate
  • Brohoof 2