Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Quick Read for Literature Fanatics

ThePoniMan

(edited)

I have a feeling that it probably isn't the best to go around posting my personal school work online *begins to feel plagiarism senses tingling* but I am so bored and just want to post something of actual value, so here is an essay that I had to write on Faulkner's Light in August.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IKSbsQB0XXWsbdCRoKiqazW_Qh2iZkzWoo2LRzFAlhA/edit?usp=sharing

I just spent the past few hours basically rewriting the whole thing  :nom:

Edited by Joseph Stallion

While I haven't read the book nor the entire essay that you wrote, a quick glance over reveals a very precise, sophisticated prose style, very well fitting for the type of essay. Question: Do you think in that prose or did you just edit a lot to get the precise wording?

(edited)

@@Knight Hadron, Thanks! Surprisingly, a lot of it came out of my mind that way, but it is REALLY hard for me to get into a writing mode. I have been noticing some attention issues lately... But when I get in the writing mode, I really get lost in it, and I'm really productive :P

And that is also why I am a chronic procrastinator.

(edited)

@@Knight Hadron, Eh, it was definitely a more difficult book to get through in terms of writing style. After my first read-through, I wasn't too fond of it. It was probably because I force-read a lot on the day before a quiz we were having, and I don't like feeling forced to do intense stuff like that  :maud:

But after going back into the book to find examples for my essay, I realized that it was actually a decent book in terms of story and themes. I just missed a lot of it when I forced myself to read 200 pages in one day. I think if I had the opportunity to read it on my own time I would have enjoyed it much more, but, to be honest .... I'm not a big reader. Yes, I said it. I know that so many people love to read, but there is just something that stops me from starting a book. Once I start and get into one I typically finish. I just have issues starting and I feel like I am wasting time because I have to read slowly to really comprehend what is happening, kind of like what I was talking about with writing earlier. I kind of feel like a bit of an outcast because all of my friends like to read. I just am not sure what it is :/

Anyway, it's a decent book. I'm not sure if I would recommend it, but it all depends on the individual.

• Brohoof 1

@@Knight Hadron, Eh, it was definitely a more difficult book to get through in terms of writing style. After my first read-through, I wasn't too fond of it. It was probably because I force-read a lot on the day before a quiz we were having, and I don't like feeling forced to do intense stuff like that  :maud:

But after going back into the book to find examples for my essay, I realized that it was actually a decent book in terms of story and themes. I just missed a lot of it when I forced myself to read 200 pages in one day. I think if I had the opportunity to read it on my own time I would have enjoyed it much more, but, to be honest .... I'm not a big reader. Yes, I said it. I know that so many people love to read, but there is just something that stops me from starting a book. Once I start and get into one I typically finish. I just have issues starting and I feel like I am wasting time because I have to read slowly to really comprehend what it happening, kind of like what I was talking about with writing earlier. I kind of feel like a bit of an outcast because all of my friends like to read. I just am not sure what it is :/

Anyway, it's a decent book. I'm not sure if I would recommend it, but it all depends on the individual.

I looked it up on Wikipedia (rolling eyes). It seems to be sort of like To Kill A Mockingbird in setting, but with darker themes than childhood innocence.

I love reading. I get lost in a book and read for an hour or two. I have trouble starting reading because I think I don't have time to read....but when I do read, I love it. Kinda like you?

After reading what you wrote and wikipedia, I'm not going to read it at this present moment (and unlikely ever); I just have more interesting reads. Like Ben Franklin's Autobiography, or Shadow on the Trail by Zane Gray, or The Hobbit. And Shakespeare. And non-fiction. And....