Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Roleplaying Discord -- Searching for EQE players

AmberDust

aw, i was *that* close.

and i really thought i could portray him accurately...

but ill do it anyway, for the laughs of caliber meeting him. ^-^

Hey, if you think you can portray Discord better than , then by all means...

DISCORD DUEL!!

:P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

aw, i was *that* close. 

and i really thought i could portray him accurately...

but ill do it anyway, for the laughs of caliber meeting him. ^-^

Hey, if you think you can portray Discord better than , then by all means...

DISCORD DUEL!!

:P

A Chaotic Discord Duel you say~? Then I shall smite my opponent with this rutabaga! *points rutabaga at *

Edited by Alex VanGamer
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

heres my pitch:

caliber was relaxing under a tree at the edge of the world, catching some z's. wen he felt an ominous presence. he opened his eyes.

"why hello there, caliber the great." discord said. "4th strongest swordspony in equestria, correct?"

"your...how did you know that?"

"im discord."

caliber tensed. he had heard stories of discord, and how he can warp reality. "well, what does a great being like you want with me?" caliber asked. "and its caliber the wanderer, actually."

discord made a toothy grin, and suddenly appeared next to caliber. "well, i heard stories about you. 'killed an ursa major'...thats quite a feat, for a pony."

caliber grinned. "well, i dont wanna brag, but..."

"oh, dont paint yourself gold, it was still pathetic compared to me."

caliber frowned. "then why did you-"

"i was just demonstrating the fact i knew everything."

caliber got up. "so what do you want with me?"

"do i really have to want something from you just to talk to you?"

caliber's hoof was ever so slowly inching towards his sword. 'this guy is trouble, he might kill me for no reason...might as well get the first blow in...' he thought.

"you dont really think you could beat me, do you?"

"maybe."

"with this flimsy thing?" discord flaunted caliber's sword. "though i do admit, mystic steel is hard to come by." discord made himself a mystic steel throne, and sat down.

caliber's eyes widened, and reached for his sword, and felt nothing but an empty sheath. "give it back."

discord chuckled. "why should i?"

"give it back."

"here, have some cotton candy."

caliber swatted it aside. "GIVE ME MY SWORD!"

discord laughed harder. "i cant!" he said, "i dont have it!" he showed his empty hooves/paws.

"you can do anything, the least you can do is find my sword."

"okay...okay...but first a riddle."

"what is it?"

"what goes up a hill with one foot, rests at the top with six feet, and goes down a hill with none?"

caliber thought. hard. but for the life of him, he couldn't figure it out. "i...dont know..." caliber admitted.

"what? i should think that was elementary." discord mocked him.

caliber sighed. "what is it?"

"a byngo, of course."

"what in equestria is a byngo?!"

"an animal i just made."

"what?"

discord was grinning. "just look over there..." he pointed to a hill he had made. there was something that looked like a cross of a dog/ferret with wings. it only had one foot as it hopped up the hill. when it got to the top, it grew five more. then flew down the hill, its feet never touching the ground.

"thats cheating, discord."

discord made a book appear, and put on comically big glasses. "according to the rules of riddles, if something exists, its liable for a riddle."

this guy was getting on his last nerve. "wheres my sword?" caliber asked.

"oh, you broken record, you." discord sang.

caliber lunged at him, but discord teleported behind him. caliber smacked his face into the throne discord was sitting in.

discord looked like he was about to do something, (probably more chaos) when he stopped abruptly. "oh? would you look at the sun? its time for tea with fluttershy! tootles, calcifer!"

"my names caliber, and wheres my sword?" he asked, with a bruise forming on his snout.

"oh...i already gave it to you!" discord cackled, before teleporting out of sight.

caliber reached for his sword, but he still felt nothing but his sheath. discord had made everything that didnt belong there disappear, except the cotton candy he had offered caliber. caliber walked up to it, and picked it up. it felt rather heavy, and it clicked. caliber pulled his sword out of the cotton candy, and smirked. "god-dang discord..." he said to the sky.

*throws a computer mouse at *

Edited by PeytonJay
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A Chaotic Discord Duel you say~? Then I shall smite my opponent with this rutabaga! *points rutabaga at *

You, you think a mere...that a mere root vegetable could defeat me? Oh ho ho! You're going to have to do better than THAT now, aren't you?

˙ןןǝʍ 'ɥo ˙ǝsuǝp os ןןɐ ǝɹ,noʎ ʇɐɥʇ 'ʎןןɐǝɹ 'ǝɯɐɥs ɐ ɥɔns s,ʇı ¡ʎɹʇ noʎ uǝɥʍ ǝʇnɔ os ןןɐ ǝɹɐ sǝıuod ǝןʇʇıן noʎ

Edited by AmberDust

@AmberDust,

*poof*

"oh? whos this?"

*sits down on throne made of jars of milk.*

"this should be fun! so, tell me, why do you feel like you are fit for the role of discord?"

(edited)

'ǝɯ sʇıɟ ʇı sɐ ɥɔnɯ os ʇı ʇıɟ ʇou op ı really. ˙ɯǝɥɐ AHEM. There we are.

But no, I don't actually want to play Discord. I don't think I could do him justice. Yours was quite good, I think! :D

Although, to be honest, this RP was going to be for EQE players only. ^^ Do either of our Discords RP in EQE?

Edited by AmberDust

(edited)

You, you think a mere...that a mere root vegetable could defeat me? Oh ho ho! You're going to have to do better than THAT now, aren't you?

˙ןןǝʍ 'ɥo ˙ǝsuǝp os ןןɐ ǝɹ,noʎ ʇɐɥʇ 'ʎןןɐǝɹ 'ǝɯɐɥs ɐ ɥɔns s,ʇı ¡ʎɹʇ noʎ uǝɥʍ ǝʇnɔ os ןןɐ ǝɹɐ sǝıuod ǝןʇʇıן noʎ

@AmberDust,

*poof*

"oh? whos this?"

*sits down on throne made of jars of milk.*

"this should be fun! so, tell me, why do you feel like you are fit for the role of discord?"

Now now. I'm just getting started~! *cracks knuckles and swipes the mane of @AmberDust's oc icon and flaps it flat so it's like a blanket, then straps it around my back so it's like a collared cape* I need to get my accessories on first~! *pulls Caliber's horn off his head as it extends out and takes the shape of the stallion's sword* Victory for this role shall be mine~!

Edited by Alex VanGamer

Now now. I'm just getting started~! *cracks knuckles and swipes the mane of @AmberDust's oc icon and flaps it flat so it's like a blanket, then straps it around my back so it's like a collared cape* I need to get my accessories on first~! *pulls Caliber's horn off his head as it extends out and takes the shape of the stallion's sword* Victory for this role shall be mine~!

˙ɯǝɥɐ

I mean, ahem.

I think we should get back to be topic at hand, which happens to be, at this moment, the topic itself.

Do you have any suggestions?

(edited)

"oooh, i like this guy!"  discord cackled, patting the other discord on the head. "on guard!" he pulled a long carrot out of a cloud that was floating by, and started fencing with a mask and equipment that had materialized on his body.

caliber was trying to his his horn back.

(no, cant say i have any experience RP'ing in the EE ^~^)

Edited by PeytonJay

I admit, I'm rather stupidly going to try out for this. Oh well; here goes my attempt at being comedic.

The look on Discord's face couldn't really be described in any normal means. Mostly because his expression kept changing places and occasionally colors. "Flutters, my dear, where is my rutabaga? I had a very nice one that I was growing so that I could throw it at old Celly. No, wait, I know. Was it a byngo? Those do have a taste for lettuce, I think. Do they? Or was it caramel apples? Can't be bothered to remember." Discord detached a taloned arm and floated it to the side of his head, where he made a fist and rapped himself repeatedly on the cranium- which was currently expressionless, considering that his face was somewhere near his tail by now. "Think, Discord, think!" For some reason, Discord habitually referred to himself in the third person over the last month or so. "Come on, who could have stolen your beautiful rutabagas!" Then, a lightbulb appeared over Discord's head. Quite literally, actually; a lightbulb fell from above his head and shattered on the floor. "Silly Discord! All I have to do is check MLPForums! I'm sure somepony there will have posted if they really did steal my delicious vegetable weapons of mass destruction." He snapped his fingers, and up popped a computer in a puff of pink and green smoke. To the pink, poofy-maned head peering through the window, he railed "See, Pinkie! I told you that I learned something from those seminars on the Fourth Wall!"

(edited)

˙ɯǝɥɐ

I mean, ahem.

I think we should get back to be topic at hand, which happens to be, at this moment, the topic itself.

Do you have any suggestions?

Yeah, gotcha. I was actually just gunna say that I do play in the EqE as well. I'm still a bit new to it, but I got the role of the Flim Flam Brothers about two weeks ago.

As for a topic, I agree to what @Kulstor, said in a previous post of the PM you sent out. It should be some kind of celebration. I think it should be something of importance, since Discord would evidently add a little chaos to the festivities. Like in my audition, there's the Winter Wrap Up. Or like Kulstor, and the Anniversary of Ponyville's founding. I like Kulstor's idea a bit more, since there's already an rp in the EqE about the Winter Wrap Up.

It could also be somepony's birthday... maybe even the Traders Exchange... Maybe even something simple like a Ponyville Picnic for the whole town! I dunno. Just a few more ideas to throw out there~

Edited by Alex VanGamer

Yeah, gotcha. I was actually just gunna say that I do play in the EqE as well. I'm still a bit new to it, but I got the role of the Flim Flam Brothers about two weeks ago.

As for a topic, I agree to what @Kulstor, said in a previous post of the PM you sent out. It should be some kind of celebration. I think it should be something of importance, since Discord would evidently add a little chaos to the festivities. Like in my audition, there's the Winter Wrap Up. Or like Kulstor, and the Anniversary of Ponyville's founding. I like Kulstor's idea a bit more, since there's already an rp in the EqE about the Winter Wrap Up.

It could also be somepony's birthday... maybe even the Traders Exchange... Maybe even something simple like a Ponyville Picnic for the whole town! I dunno. Just a few more ideas to throw out there~

I agree. The founding of Ponyville seems a tad silly, but something along those lines works.

By the way, your post made me do something rather silly...

post-29013-0-98212300-1432437747_thumb.jpg

post-29013-0-34861000-1432437772_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I agree. The founding of Ponyville seems a tad silly, but something along those lines works.

By the way, your post made me do something rather silly...

I suppose the founding one doesn't have the best potential, but I can't really think of that many things that could involve a community of pony's with important events where chaos can ensue.

Also, XD That's awesome!

I suppose the founding one doesn't have the best potential, but I can't really think of that many things that could involve a community of pony's with important events where chaos can ensue.

Also, XD That's awesome!

I don't think chaos should necessarily ensue. At least, not Gala levels of chaos. ^^' I mean, he's reformed. Remember. :P

(edited)
Welp. I can give it a try I guess.

"Come on, try it!" The daily Celly-prank-time was a go, and a very promising one. A spoon was hovering ever so slowly, like the calm before the storm, towards it's final destination, soup. Soup with a special ingredient that is. Of couse, as the wicked, devilish being he is, his unbeatable mastermind plans always worked and always improved, this meaning that new ideas used to swarm his mind as his antics progressed.

"Oh, you doofus, I knew something was missing!" He thought as a simple snap of his paws transmuted any vestige of water in the room into a harmless spiced liquid, along with a spotless marble floor that quickly became soap, he couldn't simply avoid a chortle. Now it was just a matter of waiting and witness his daily dosis of chaos ensue.

"HEY! STOP RIGHT THERE!" Of course, somepony always had to ruin the fun. Some-guard in this specific case. "You'll come with me you slippery snake..." The guard peered at the extension of the Spirit of Chaos body. "...thingy.

Discord was defeated, the jig was definitely up. He kneeled in pure, undoubtedly realistic sorrow and spoke. "You've got me, and for that I believe you deserve a reward."

"A re-what?" The surprise of the sentinel was clear as water.

"Let me show you, my meddlesome friend." Another snap of the devilish genius and a Discord-sized-n'-shaped ballon materialized along a rope tied around the guard's barrel, ineluctably carrying him to higher grounds, or roofs in this case.

Rage was building up in the stallion's expression, to the point where actual steam blurted out of his nostrils. "I'm going to g-" An apple that out of the blue got stuck in his mouth restrained him from ruining Discord's innocuous fun time.

"Don't be such a baby now, papa Discord must give a surprise to mama Ce-" An offeding pillar blocked the maniacal genius way. A suspicious furry, white pillar that to his misfortune, wasn't a piece of architectonic work at all.

The mare was staring daggers at the inocent prankster. She knew. "Oh, Celly my dear! Fance seeing your divine self around these parts!"

A raised eyebrow was all he received in retort, his heart almost stopped when she glanced to the ceiling to see his terrified, mumbling protector.

"Discord..." The temperature in the room started to raise to questionable levels.

He employed his last resort, demeaning misstatements. "I... Uh... You've... Got me...? I feel such remorse right now!" .

It didn't work.

From then on, no joke took place in the castle. Some say that our hero's eerie shrieks caused by unsparing sunburns are still heard 'till this very day.

Edited by Shadow Beam
  • Brohoof 1

The trouble will be trying to make the RP fair...I imagine that everyone involved will want to talk to Discord at one point or another, so we need to make sure we don't trip over each other or cut each other off or, worse yet, overwhelm Discord. ^^'

I imagine the RP could surround the theme of Discord trying to make new friends. We just need a "where", "how", and if necessary, "when".

For some reason, speed dating and game shows come to mind. <_< Urgh. How else can we ensure everyone a fair chance? :o

• Brohoof 1

XD I can see some kind of game show reference pop up in that kind of scenario.

Aw man, I was gunna like, revise the picnic idea I said earlier. So it could be more like a "Friendship Making Picnic Party", but that's sorta Pinkie Pie's things aaaand, we don't have her in EqE.... Hmm, maybe I should try applying for her. I was planning to apply for Cheese Sandwich anyway once someone else went for Pinkie Pie, but their kinda the same on the whole party planning thing.

Buuuuut Going with the picnic thing:

The where would be Ponyville, probably in the park or some open area there.

How would be cuz Pinkie's throwing a party for the sake of throwing a party

The when would be around summer, I think, since that's kinda when people go out and have picnics right? Or is that spring?

So yeah, anyways. That's mah new pitch to the topic idea thing~! ^^

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

XD I can see some kind of game show reference pop up in that kind of scenario.

Aw man, I was gunna like, revise the picnic idea I said earlier. So it could be more like a "Friendship Making Picnic Party", but that's sorta Pinkie Pie's things aaaand, we don't have her in EqE.... Hmm, maybe I should try applying for her. I was planning to apply for Cheese Sandwich anyway once someone else went for Pinkie Pie, but their kinda the same on the whole party planning thing.

Buuuuut Going with the picnic thing:

The where would be Ponyville, probably in the park or some open area there.

How would be cuz Pinkie's throwing a party for the sake of throwing a party

The when would be around summer, I think, since that's kinda when people go out and have picnics right? Or is that spring?

So yeah, anyways. That's mah new pitch to the topic idea thing~! ^^

A picnic sounds nice! But something occurred to me...

Do you think it'd be better if we excluded the mane six? Like, they sent him off to make friends on his own, sort of thing? Would that make it more fun? :P

Or, perhaps...

He's disguised as a pony at the beginning of the RP, so nopony misjudged him? It would make for an interesting reveal. :D

(edited)

A picnic sounds nice! But something occurred to me...

Do you think it'd be better if we excluded the mane six? Like, they sent him off to make friends on his own, sort of thing? Would that make it more fun? :P

Or, perhaps...

He's disguised as a pony at the beginning of the RP, so nopony misjudged him? It would make for an interesting reveal. :D

Well in that personal message you sent out a while back, the owner of Twilight seemed as though she'd like to use her if she didn't get the role of Discord, so I don't think it'd be nice to exclude that option clear off the table. Plus, if we can get Fluttershy to join us, she's the only one who can really rally Discord back in and behave, their BPADFF's after all! (Best Pony And Draconequus Friends Forever)

I also don't see the disguise thing to be very in character for Discord, the part about how he's hiding his true self from everypony. If he screws up something major during the roleplay, then maybe. But right at the start, it seems very unlikely.

Edited by Alex VanGamer

Well in that personal message you sent out a while back, the owner of Twilight seemed as though she'd like to use her if she didn't get the role of Discord, so I don't think it'd be nice to exclude that option clear off the table. Plus, if we can get Fluttershy to join us, she's the only one who can really rally Discord back in and behave, their BPADFF's after all! (Best Pony And Draconequus Friends Forever)

I also don't see the disguise thing to be very in character for Discord, the part about how he's hiding his true self from everypony. Maybe if he screws up something major during the roleplay, then maybe. But right at the start, it seems very unlikely.

The reason I thought "right at the start" was so be could be sneaky about his presence, and maybe surprise everypony. :huh: But I wasn't sure.

(edited)

The reason I thought "right at the start" was so be could be sneaky about his presence, and maybe surprise everypony. :huh: But I wasn't sure.

Well, the way I saw it was because from all the times he's made an entrance in the series (Aside from Make New Friends But Keep Discord), they're always so 'pop' in yer face. He likes to make a scene so all da ponies know he's there, ya know? Go big or think in the thinking tree for ways to go big! ...Wait, that's not right... :umad:

But I suppose the whole 'sneak surprise' could work in it's own little way too. I mean he's Discord. He can do whatever he wants! :derp: (Well, except take over Equastria again, but still. Almost whatever he wants)

Edited by Alex VanGamer