Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Roleplaying Discord -- Searching for EQE players

AmberDust

This is all so confusing. There appear to be several interested parties and no progress. A clarification could go a long way in helping this cause. Is the original purpose of this search still the same? What are the terms of and expectations towards roleplaying Discord? Is this a one-shot affair or a binding, long-term engagement?

This is all so confusing. There appear to be several interested parties and no progress. A clarification could go a long way in helping this cause. Is the original purpose of this search still the same? What are the terms of and expectations towards roleplaying Discord? Is this a one-shot affair or a binding, long-term engagement?

Hopefully this clears it up. At one point, we found someone to play Discord, but while we were trying to conjure up a roleplay topic, another person who wanted the role of Discord came to challenge them, and our original Discord roleplayer disappeared....hence the lack of progress. In other words:

NEWS SECTION:

It seems as though our top candidate to play Discord has gone and vanishified, meaning we're back at stage one-- auditions.   The next order of business would be to decide on an RP topic that Discord could fit comfortably into. We're taking suggestions here! A good place to start would be the theme of Discord trying to make new friends that might share his interests, in view of the events of "Make new Friends but Keep Discord". ~~~

As for whether this is short-term or long-term, well...it's a roleplay. It'll go on for as long as the group retains interest. That's really all I can say. Ideally, it'll plant the seed for future roleplays with everyone's favourite Daconequees.

The terms and expectations for being in this roleplay are basically the same as those in the EQE: You have to be a good, stable roleplayer who wont disappear in the middle of a conversation, no powergaming, no OP characters, you have to retain a general adherence to canon in terms of lore and such, and be generally capable of proper spelling, grammar, and legibility. Basically this means that I wont be accepting players who are going to make the game confusing, annoying, or tiresome for everyone else.

The terms for roleplaying Discord himself basically come down to being able to accurately portray the character's humour, mannerisms, and personality while not going too crazy with power. Obviously this character has the ability to bend reality, so it comes down to the roleplayer's own good judgement in terms of using the right amount of chaos for the given situation.

So, if you're interested in this idea, maybe suggest a topic to roleplay about, or, if you want, you can audition for the role of Discord!

@@Randimaxis, if you still want the role, I welcome a re-audition.

Edited by AmberDust

• 1 month later...

Hmmmmm...

This "EqE" sounds... IN-teresting.  

Mayhaps I'll take a look at it myself, hmmmmm?  Who knows what I might decide...

Hmmmmm...

This "EqE" sounds... IN-teresting.  

Mayhaps I'll take a look at it myself, hmmmmm?  Who knows what I might decide...

*bows* The floor is your, if you'd like to audition. 

Impress us.

• Brohoof 1