searching Exploring and Settling New Lands (OOC) -Open World RP-

AspenSwift

(edited)

Link OC page or use this format:https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/william-smith-will-for-short-r8361

Name:Travel Hooves.

Race (Unicorn, Pegasi, Earth Pony, or other):Pegasi

Male/Female:Male

Looks: In the link

Personality:In the link

Cutie Mark: A map with the picture of the world

Special Powers ("none" is okay, and nothing too OP):Hard to lie to him, knows many launguges.

Spouse/Children:none.

Why they were chosen to colonize this new land: Travel has been wanting to see new places his whole life, he would work with ship captains and make maps of new lands and has gotten hired once to map the everfree forest, he could only map a small part of it however and almost died, So he got chosen because he was the most willing to map the place.

Edited by That pony

@@That pony,

Hey! As I'm sure you've realized, Aspen isn't here, so myself and three others are accepting people.

We want to accept your character, but we've got to ask you to change just a couple things.

1. Your special power. It's a little too OP. He can't notice everything. He can be like a mini-Sherlock and be able to think and figure things out well, but he shouldn't automatically know everything. He can know multiple languages, and can have gut feelings about when a pony is lying (he should not be able to tell that automatically, either). If we allow him to have all those special powers, it will take any mystery and suspense that one person is trying to give out of the RP. Some people base their characters off being mysterious, and William would completely counter that with his special powers, which would make the RP not fun for some.

2. His name. If his name is absolutely central to his character, you don't have to change it. But the name sticks out a little, it's too human. We ask that you change your character's name to one a little more "pony."

If you change both of those, or at least the first, we will reconsider your character. For now, it's a no. Sorry. :( Have a good day.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@That pony,

Hey! As I'm sure you've realized, Aspen isn't here, so myself and three others are accepting people.

We want to accept your character, but we've got to ask you to change just a couple things.

1. Your special power. It's a little too OP. He can't notice everything. He can be like a mini-Sherlock and be able to think and figure things out well, but he shouldn't automatically know everything. He can know multiple languages, and can have gut feelings about when a pony is lying (he should not be able to tell that automatically, either). If we allow him to have all those special powers, it will take any mystery and suspense that one person is trying to give out of the RP. Some people base their characters off being mysterious, and William would completely counter that with his special powers, which would make the RP not fun for some.

2. His name. If his name is absolutely central to his character, you don't have to change it. But the name sticks out a little, it's too human. We ask that you change your character's name to one a little more "pony."

If you change both of those, or at least the first, we will reconsider your character. For now, it's a no. Sorry. :( Have a good day.

No problem! :)

Edit: Done fixing it.

Edited by That pony
  • Brohoof 1

@,

I'll talk to the other sub-DMs about it. Also, fill out why he was selected to be a settler of the new land when you can. We'll let you know probably within a day. :)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm back!  I had an awesome time out hiking, but I'm ready to get back into doing nothing for the rest of the summer.  I should be on just about every day for the foreseeable future.  So yay!

Anyway, back to business.

I haven't read through the RP thread since I got back, but I've read through this thread.  As far as I can tell, @@Little Red@@Omar@@Reaver, and @@Ochre_Dust, have been handling things extremely smoothly!  Thank you guys so much for that!  Y'all really are awesome :)

But now I'm back, and I have all the power!  Ha ha!

So, again, any questions, comments, or haikus are appreciated.

I'll get back to posting now!

• Brohoof 2

Welcome back AspenSwift! It's great to see you here again. I don't think that there has been anything too important happen in the RP (other than that someone died). We're also still on the second day... I don't exactly know why. But maybe now that you're back we can actually get somewhere, lol.

@@AspenSwift, @@Omar,

May I suggest something?

As the second day has basically ended, we could consider skipping the RP timeline forwards two weeks? Construction has begun, that sort of stuff? I think that it would provide a suitable setting for further roleplay. It would also mean that Aspen's OC wouldn't have to come up with a story about how his two-week exploration ended in one day.

Just a suggestion.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@ForthEorl

I believe that this would be a good idea. I don't exactly see any downsides to this other than completely skipping the normal social interaction (which the last about 20 pages have been). But since I don't exactly have the authority over these types of things, it would be best to see what the others have to say. What do the rest of you guys think?

(thanks for the suggestion by the way)

Edited by Omar
  • Brohoof 1

@@AspenSwift, @@Omar,

May I suggest something?

As the second day has basically ended, we could consider skipping the RP timeline forwards two weeks? Construction has begun, that sort of stuff? I think that it would provide a suitable setting for further roleplay. It would also mean that Aspen's OC wouldn't have to come up with a story about how his two-week exploration ended in one day.

Just a suggestion.

I think that makes sense.  The RP gods have made it so!

Time skip by two weeks? If that's the case...

@ @Little Red, , @Reaver, , @AspenSwift

Peregrine is likely going to want to work on starting up a hoof and mane care business, but is aware she very much is not the sort of pony to deal with running a business. She's likely going to ask either Blitz or Aspen for help with that. Perhaps it could come up during one of the mini-exploration treks?