Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Has anyone watched Horseland?

SolyWack

(edited)

Some background:

Most of you probably haven't, so ill give a quick summary. Horseland is a show about friendship, much like mlp. Yeah, its a bit girly, but come on guys, you watch my little pony. The show has a main cast of 6 (seeing the connection) female girls, each with their own horse. We hear the horses talk to each other (in human language obviously) and all the other farm animals as well, but the girls don't understand them.

The show aired on Cookie Jar TV, which was a part of CBS I think. Never heard of that one, im sure. I haven't watched more than eh, 10 episodes of the show, because i could only watch it on the satellite tv at my Gramps (an undislosed amout of years ago). But it grabbed me in much the same way mlp did. If it wasn't such a chore to obtain more episodes at the time, I could see myself watching every episode.

Because this show is like mlp in so many ways, quirky/crude humor, occasion adventure, good morals, But the part that struck me the most is how it handles dark themes. MLP is so wussing about doing this.

"Oh, but Applejack_Wack, didn't you see Tanks for the memories, amending fences, or Do princess dream? They were plenty dark"

yes and no. They were dark relative to the rest of mlp, they were still wussy and afraid to give the whole thing to us.

The episode that made me create this topic was the episode "Mosey" S2 ep7. See the thing is, the cat actually died. Not just went underground. IT DIED. It left the house, wandered away and died.

I cried like a frickin Baby (Im not even ashamed). It was so well written, the dialogue between the dog and the cat when it happened, and the build up really made you feel for every character. That wasn't even the end, the episode dealt with grief, and how you need friends to help get through it and... oh im tearing up just writing it. Im such a wuss.

I think the reason I disliked Tanks for the memories so much was that I had already watched Mosey, and TfTM was such a letdown compared to that.

I implore you people of Mlp forums, if nothing else, watch the episode. Its like half an hour out of your life.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Edited by AppleJack_Wack
  • Brohoof 3

• 7 years later...

Nothing I'd watch in first place but I love the human character design in this show mainly because it reminds me of my drawing style. The horses instead are very realistic and I actually used this show to learn some basic anatomy of horses. This show aired in Finland couple years ago and I watched it occasionally

• 2 months later...