Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Whisper: The City Of Darkness

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

"You drive disorder out of the city, and then you want me to conjure some chaos out of nowhere? If our dear friend were still around I could have purloined more power from her, but after the stony show and the ceiling collapse..."

"Hey, she was abusing it," Lavender argued, furrowing her brow, "and she was gonna hurt all of us. And I think hurting me would make it sting for you a little b--"

Discord's voice trailed off, and Lavender's eyes took a more distant focus as he spoke directly into her mind. 

"...I could?" she muttered at last, looking upward. "Wait, I wouldn't turn into that alicorn or anything, right? I still like being me, but I'd love to be able to make cool fun magic-y things happen too."

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Orion Caelum,@@Unicorncob,@@ForthEorl.

"...I could?" she muttered at last, looking upward. "Wait, I wouldn't turn into that alicorn or anything, right? I still like being me, but I'd love to be able to make cool fun magic-y things happen too."

"You've already got a horn, and as I recall you were rather taken with those wings. But don't worry, anypony calling me... sorry... calling you princess will regret it for the rest of their life. Their croaking, amphibian life... now don't move..."

In the twilight sky, one of the barely visible stars began to glow brighter and took on a greenish tinge. Though barely visible, the stars around it seemed to shift slightly, and like the sudden reveal of an optical illusion the green star was the eye of a giant, celestial draconequus, a sinister smile on its face. It winked, and the eye turned lavender and the body morphed into something more akin to a pony, albeit one with a rather long body and the same mismatched wings and antlers that Lavender possessed. In line with her stellar counterpart, Lavender's body began to elongate. She remained a pony of sorts, but there was no mistaking her for somepony in magical fancy dress now.

Before any further changes could occur, the sky changed. The moon was thrust below the horizon, and the sun rose to midday prominence, blocking out the stars and ending Lavender's transformation. Looking out of the storm drain and onto the mountainside, the airship rose from the plateau it had landed on, climbing as fast as its damaged magitech engines and tattered balloon would allow.

"I think that might have upset her highness a bit."

Lavender blinked curiously at the winking constellation above her, and yelped as the magic sparkles surrounding her left her with a pretty dress. She looked ready to attend the Grand Galloping Gala in this attire.

"...first of all, thank you for the pretty dress," she said to Discord, and shielded her eyes from the near blinding daylight, "second of all, what'd ya do to make her royal sunniness mad? ...this time?"