Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony clothing idea

Gouunta

Hello I was reading a few days ago and i got this idea to try and make MLP inspired clothing but without it being super obvious.

The thing I really want to do is get with someone who can help make this a real thing, I don't want just a boring shirt with a big logo or face slapped in the middle screw that that's boreing and to standard, no I want something different, more specifically I want a collard button up shirt with for example spitfires cutie mark on both shoulders or something of that nature.

I was thinking what is a good way to say you like this fandom and this series, and I think the best incognito way to do is is to use background characters features or cutie marks

Ponies like spitfire and the wonder bolts or Bon Bon and Lyra, characters like that I think this could be a popular thing but everywhere I have tried can't seem to make t happen.

If anyone have any suggestions I would love to hear them

Thank you for your time :)

• 1 month later...

i like the idea of a cutie mark on the shirt.  However, by placing the insignia on the breast pocket you follow a more traditional pattern. Just check out any Izod shirt.  I like the ideas from www.Mylittleties.com to have the cutie marks as a pattern on the tie (Twilight's looks the most professional in my opinion).  How do you feel about a pair of pants with the cutie mark on the back pocket?  

• 2 months later...

I currently own a Sowing/Embroidery machine and have been advertising on Deviant Art trying to find people that wanted OC arts on T-Shirts. I have a few samples made on my deviant if you want I also have a digitizing program that can allow me to take any image into a pattern and plug that into the machine. I currently made a T shirt with the Thunder bolt logo on the sleeve as you suggested and I think it came out quite nice. 

http://img05.deviantart.net/d97e/i/2015/346/4/a/thunderbolts_emblem_on_tshirt_sleeve_by_jasoncain-d9jwwc7.jpg 

the image size was too big and I'm not 100% on how to keep it at a minimum  

• Brohoof 2

I currently own a Sowing/Embroidery machine and have been advertising on Deviant Art trying to find people that wanted OC arts on T-Shirts. I have a few samples made on my deviant if you want I also have a digitizing program that can allow me to take any image into a pattern and plug that into the machine. I currently made a T shirt with the Thunder bolt logo on the sleeve as you suggested and I think it came out quite nice. 

http://img05.deviantart.net/d97e/i/2015/346/4/a/thunderbolts_emblem_on_tshirt_sleeve_by_jasoncain-d9jwwc7.jpg

the image size was too big and I'm not 100% on how to keep it at a minimum  

If you can put that logo on a pocketed Tee shirt I'd buy it!

I'll do it for free, Just need to get my hands on the Tee. Also if you would prefer an OC's CM then I can add that as well since I'm just digitizing Jpegs from here.

Update: Had some time this morning so I made a sample of the image on a pocket  http://jasoncain.deviantart.com/art/Thunderbolts-Emblem-on-Tshirt-Pocket-577736689?ga_submit_new=10%253A1449998474

Edited by Tel Locus
  • Brohoof 1

I'll do it for free, Just need to get my hands on the Tee. Also if you would prefer an OC's CM then I can add that as well since I'm just digitizing Jpegs from here.

Update: Had some time this morning so I made a sample of the image on a pocket  http://jasoncain.deviantart.com/art/Thunderbolts-Emblem-on-Tshirt-Pocket-577736689?ga_submit_new=10%253A1449998474

I don't have an OC so the wonderbolt logo would be perfect.  Also, you can get gildan tee shirts from www.Boscovs.com.

http://www.boscovs.com/shop/prod/gildan-ultra-cotton-pocketed-short-sleeve-tee/206247.htmat $4.99-$5.99.  XXL has to be more expensive.  But if you can put the logo on a pocket I'd love to get it.  Maybe even 2 or 3 lol.  Can you please PM so we can further discuss this? 

I've had an issue with my living area that has forced me to pack up my machine, I can still digitize the images and get them prepped but until this issue is resolved I'll be unable to make any more T shirts. But when I can continue they're free. 

I've had an issue with my living area that has forced me to pack up my machine, I can still digitize the images and get them prepped but until this issue is resolved I'll be unable to make any more T shirts. But when I can continue they're free. 

So people don't have to pay anything for those? I mean, that's a lot of work for you if traffic picks up. Start off making them for 10-15 bucks a shirt, shipping included, and you could potentially make a fair gain selling by yourself. But if you were to open up through, say, etsy, you could make more. But it's awfully kind of you to offer a service like this for free.

Sapphire there is a slew of reasons for me not to make a profit off of this, one of them is a legal issue. Needless to say I do enjoy making T shirt but lack the imagination to make my own designs. So I make them and give them away, Besides I like seeing others happy with what I do.

Sapphire there is a slew of reasons for me not to make a profit off of this, one of them is a legal issue. Needless to say I do enjoy making T shirt but lack the imagination to make my own designs. So I make them and give them away, Besides I like seeing others happy with what I do.

It's hard to deal with the legal issues, especially with handmade crafts. However, there are ways around it. Especially since you say you've been wanting to do OC cutie marks. But once you're able to open up commissions again, let me know!

The legal issue in question is that it's against Army regulations to run a business out of a barracks. So any exchange of goods for financial gain is not allowed out of the army barracks. 

Ah, you're military. Yeah, that's not a hurdle you want to mess with, and I don't blame you at all.

I've done some talking, I should be able to get the space issue resolved in a week no garuntees but I can at least work on digitizing the images and getting the images prepped for shirts when I am able