Will the show end with the movie?

CastletonSnob

One thing, I'd like to make a post about here.
Its not uncommon for me to see posts (Not here specifically but MLP sites in general) that if the movie were to make massive amounts of money it would guarantee them to continue the series with more seasons.

To me, it seems more likely that if the movie were to succeed massively and they were planning on ending the show at six seasons a a movie, the most that would happen would be Hasbro would continue with more movies, not more seasons. I mean,  they're fine with transformers being a different continuity from their cartoons after all, and other cartoons like TMNT are fine with having different continuities from their shows.

I really would like the show to end after the movie, despite my love for the show all together. 

I feel that the series should move on to something better after the movie, not so much end all together, maybe get some sort of spin off. Like making the Equestria Girls cartoons into a television series.

• Brohoof 1

EmeraldSkies, on 16 Nov 2015 - 6:06 PM, said:

From what I've heard at least, the movie bombed because it didn't stay true to the original cartoon, it was a cheap ripoff that took a lot of stuff and threw it in the trash. I don't know a lot about movie sales, I'm 13, but Pony shouldn't bomb, or at least not as bad as Jem.

Though really looking at the release (November 2017), it's looking like the end. We may be getting season six as the last, or season seven (depending on when 6 airs). Well, it's been a good ride for the show. It's better to end while the show is still in it's prime, and not to have it slowly deteriorate.

Yeah,what I've gotten from reviews of it was that it was like The Room of movies based on cartoons,so bad its hilarious. It would keep cutting to people talking about Jem or in the case of the Rock, it was old footage repurposed to make it sound like he was talking about Jem he wasn't he was talking about Bad Blood. Or taking a interview with Chris Pratt when he said he dated his sisters Jem dolls. If it wasn't doing that it was cutting to really old youtube videos. The fact that they  ignored the source material completely and  the actual creator until the last possible minute just makes it even worse which is saying a lot because its a epic level of bad even if you ignore that. But the mlp movie are gonna be made by Meghan McCarthy not some random guy who made a couple of bieber movies and a virtually unknown writer.

Edited by CookieK
  • Brohoof 1

It being the end wouldn't make sense because its trying to get more people into the show,so it'd probably end a season after the movie. It just feels right. They totally need some games on game systems instead of just stuff on the android and Ipad/Iphone. 

Edited by CookieK

I think they should end the series after the movie so it doesn't become something like spongebob did, of course with the brony fandom dying I doubt many people would care.

I wouldn't say so.

Hell, Rugrats had 3 movies, and not even the third one was the finale, and SpongeBob has/had 2 movies and it's still running.

And don't forget The Simpsons Movie! That show didn't end because of this movie and was running for a lot of Seasons.

• Brohoof 1

Makes little sense to me to have this big movie with a global premiere be the end of it. If it's successful, then I doubt they would want to have to deal with the fact that it's done, instead of capitalizing on the success. If it's going to end, then they will have the ending be in-show. 

Makes little sense to me to have this big movie with a global premiere be the end of it. If it's successful, then I doubt they would want to have to deal with the fact that it's done, instead of capitalizing on the success. If it's going to end, then they will have the ending be in-show. 

seems more likely to me they'd just try and continue on with movies if the movies are successful, and run the FIM movies simultaneously with a new gen like how transformers goes.

They generally try and start up making seasons while the previous season is already airing, like how S6 is already very heavily finished by now. If they waited until the results of the 2017 movie were in, that means they wouldn't start up working on S7 until months after the movie, meaning S7 wouldn't air until 2018 or even 2019.

If they're going to order a S7, it seems more likely that the success of S5 and S6 in sales will be the cause.

NOPE!!! Hasbro clearly stated that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will end at around Season 9, look at our reaction when we heard the first Equestria Girls movie was coming out? Did they truly end the series? No, they didn't.

• Brohoof 1

One last thing before I stop coming to this thread. I'll stay in the fandom for the rest of my life. I'll never leave it. Even if the show ends.

NOPE!!! Hasbro clearly stated that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will end at around Season 9, look at our reaction when we heard the first Equestria Girls movie was coming out? Did they truly end the series? No, they didn't.

9 seasons, AWESOME!!!!! So far SUPERNATURAL has gone on that long.
  • Brohoof 1