Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Games took inspiration from Pixie Hollow Games?

ManaMinori

I don't necessarily mind the fact that the Disney Faeries franchise, characters, storyline, etc. is so similar to both MLP:FiM and Equestria Girls. Really, I don't. I like both the faeries and the ponies.

But let's just look at Equestria Girls Friendship Games (what w e know about it so far, at least), and The Tinkerbell Pixie Hollow Games, for now, and see what matches up, that Hasbro might've drawn inspiration from.

One obvious thing that I noticed in the Friendship Games previews was that the rival team are the Shadowbolts. We've seen these guys as ponies in FiM, eoisode 2, looking all dark and stormy, with dark uniforms with lightning bolts on them.

Oddly enough, the rivals in the Pixie Hollow Games are lightning and thunder faeries, with near identical uniforms....

The Pixie Hollow Games focused on the moral of teamwork, and and putting aside differences, or rather, self sacrife for a friend, and getting dirty to work as a team and pull through (basically "look before you sleep" meets Friendship Games)

Friendship Games will also undoubtedly be centerd on another friendship / teamwork moral.

Can anyone spot any other similarities? Is MLP and EQG following Disney's fairy franchise too closely?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the comparisons! I'm a fan of both franchises. Regarding other general similarities (inside and outside of each franchise's 'games'), both friendship groups have integrated a reformed antagonist (Vidia and Sunset) who saves the protagonist (Sunset in RR, Vidia in 'The Great Fairy Rescue'). I'm sure there's more but I'm struggling at 6am here. :lol: