1. 1. Which of these should I write?

• Fast and the Furious
    • Con Mane
    • Horse M.D.
    • Transformers Crossover
    • The Conversion Bureau
    • Fluttermind
    • My Little Gears: War is Magic

Or you make up new rules that suit your own preferences.

More reasons I should never be a writer. :lol:

No you can! Just not mid-story.

That's why people write fiction in the first place. So they can make these improbable or indeed normally impossible scenarios come to life.

The Conversion Bureau: Ascension - My stab at TCB mythos and my first fanfic, in fact it was the singular catalyst that lead me to writing. It is a self-insert story based off of my and my brother's relationship to the show and fandom as represented by the existence of Equestria and ponification. Over the course of the story, back and forth between Earth and Equestria, friendships are made, brotherhoods are tested, and there is not a sign of misanthropy or pony superiority in sight. (At least as far as intrinsic worth is concerned, ponies obviously still retain their magical abilities.)

This one is what sounds most appealing to me, and I see the most potential here. Sounds also like a love letter to the fandom :)

• Brohoof 1

Wow, all of these concepts look really well thought-out, interesting and unique! Except for maybe My Little Gears: War is Magic, I loved them all (I didn't get the reference is the only reason why it didn't look that appealing XD).

My favorite was The Conversion Bureau, closely followed by Con Mane and Fluttermind. 

At any rate, I look forward to seeing what you write!

• Brohoof 1

I like the idea of Fluttermind the most. Not only does it fit the world of MLP:FiM the most, but it also is great if you're aiming for a character-driven story. It also seems to be easy to get into because of how it seems to be a fanfic for everybody. But I'm alright with whatever fanfic idea you go for. :)

• Brohoof 2

Where does your writing skill currently stand at? If you believe that you still have a lot to learn, I would recomend starting with a few lesser ideas, perhaps with stock themes. That way, you can get a piece done, learn from any mistakes made, and not have to worry about tainting an idea that's precious to you. I know that I have several great stories that I want to get out, but am waiting to get a bit more experience in the field.

As for the poll, I chose Horse, M.D. The only problems I can see is failing to differentiate from House enough to make it it's own entity (especially with the name Dr. Safe House) and the fact that there likely exist many similar such fanfictions, and might be buried. As for the others, I'm sure each has the potential to be good in it's own right, but unfortunatly do not align with my interests, so I don'tthink I should comment. My cup of tea when it comes to fanfiction is action/adventure epic (possibly cross-over) with a recurring romance theme, and preferably with humans involved. Also, the longer, the better; I rarley look at a fanfic with less than 100k words.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttermind: 

The reason is the untaped potential for this kind of stories (much more if the setting is the near future of the current show).

Horse. M.D.:

[Appart from the Flufflepuff parody] Because I can foresee the equivalent of "lupus" being something like poison joke...

The Conversion Bureau: Ascension

If you can pull a good, interesting story in this setting without using mysantropy or "bastardization" on any side, it means you are a good writter.

• Brohoof 1

As for the poll, I chose Horse, M.D. The only problems I can see is failing to differentiate from House enough to make it it's own entity (especially with the name Dr. Safe House) and the fact that there likely exist many similar such fanfictions, and might be buried.

Well the thing is, I wanted to write that partially because I didn't see any House crossovers, at least not the fusion kind, just the HiE kind. As for the name, I was trying to think of a phrase that would fit into the naming scheme of the universe while still coming out as "House." 

As for the others, I'm sure each has the potential to be good in it's own right, but unfortunatly do not align with my interests, so I don'tthink I should comment. My cup of tea when it comes to fanfiction is action/adventure epic (possibly cross-over) with a recurring romance theme, and preferably with humans involved. Also, the longer, the better; I rarley look at a fanfic with less than 100k words.

So the action crossovers with Gears of War or Transformers don't fit that criteria?

Well the thing is, I wanted to write that partially because I didn't see any House crossovers, at least not the fusion kind, just the HiE kind. As for the name, I was trying to think of a phrase that would fit into the naming scheme of the universe while still coming out as "House."

So the action crossovers with Gears of War or Transformers don't fit that criteria?

Really. I would have thought that would be a popular MLP "reskin" theme.

Oh no, I'm sure they would work out great. I just meant that I, personally, only like to read crossovers with things I'm familiar with. I know absolutly nothing about Gears of War, and I've never been huge on Transformers, though I know a bit about it. Speaking of Transformers, which rendition would you be using? From what I understand, there's the original cartoon, the new movies, some other side things, or even some home-baked cannon. I recently discovered Stardust, an XCOM: Enemy Unknown crossover. I only decided to give it a go because I remeber liking the game. I'm glad I did, because it is now my number one favourite fanfiction. I don't give out praise lightly, so that says alot.

Really. I would have thought that would be a popular MLP "reskin" theme.

Yeah, not really. Just one or two "the actual Dr. House" is a HiE.

peaking of Transformers, which rendition would you be using? From what I understand, there's the original cartoon, the new movies, some other side things, or even some home-baked cannon.

Actually, funny you should mention. I was kind of going for a canon smorgasbord. With elements from War for/Fall of Cybertron, Beast Wars, the live action movies, and Prime.

Yeah, not really. Just one or two "the actual Dr. House" is a HiE.

Is it good? I'm on a bit of a "human" binge right now, seeking out the best human fics.

Actually, funny you should mention. I was kind of going for a canon smorgasbord. With elements from War for/Fall of Cybertron, Beast Wars, the live action movies, and Prime.

Everything I know about Transformers come from the new movies (minus the dinosaur one, which just looks silly) and a couple episodes of one of the old cartoons. Also, Weird Al Transformer.

Is it good? I'm on a bit of a "human" binge right now, seeking out the best human fics.

I haven't read it. I only know of it. I'm not as huge a fan of the sub-genre.

Everything I know about Transformers come from the new movies (minus the dinosaur one, which just looks silly) and a couple episodes of one of the old cartoons. Also, Weird Al Transformer.

Oh but that one was great. I think they all are. Plus the Dinobots don't come from that movie, they are based on the original G1 cartoon and have been reoccurring characters ever since. Usually on the Autobots' side but very savage and brutish, a blunt instrument.