Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private To change a changling

Skylord Nexus

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock smiled as he saw the train arrive but smiled even more when I noticed that there were very little ponies at the station. "Allow me to bye the tickets m'lady." Ticktock then the are a quick kiss on the lips before standing and waiting for the money. 

Cicada smiled and returned the kiss. "Here," she said, levitating the bits out of her saddlebag. "We've even got some left for food later, if need be. I'm hoping tho that somepony will help us out when we get to Ponyville; the town is well known for that sort of generosity."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock grabbed the bits "Thank you. And yeah I hope we are safe in Ponyville although I must warn you my arch-nemesis lives there but luckily she's here attending her brothers wedding." Ticktock then went and bought two one way tickets to ponyville. When he got back he gave one of them to Cicada.

Cicada took the ticket and boarded the train with TickTock. By going to the very back of the train, she was able to find a completely empty carriage which would be perfect for the two of them to talk along the way to Ponyville. The journey would take quite a while so there'd be enough time.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock followed Cicada onto the train going right to the back "Excellent so do you want to drop forms or should we keep the disguises on just in case the ticket inspector comes to see our ticket. Also where do you want to start my shady backstory or your mysterious back story?"

Cicada sat down and made herself comfortable. "We should keep our disguise," she replied. "Just in case, as you said, the ticket inspector comes round to check our tickets. And you may go first if you prefer, or I will, if that's what you like. I really don't mind."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock took in a deep breath "I think it's best you go first I need some time to compose myself, I might... lose it a little due in my explanation. Feel free to start." Ticktock then went and took another seat opposite Cicada so he could pay full attention to her. 

Cicada first cast a silencing spell that would mean that anypony passing thru the corridor would hear nothing of what she was about to speak of. This was the most secret thing she had ever shared, and she would not risk the secret being overheard. This done, she began.

"The story begins when a draconequus of chaos named Discord took over Equestria," Cicada said, looking straight at TickTock as she did so. "He had betrayed the two alicorns he had grown up with in order to bring his own brand of chaos and misery to the land. Most obeyed, out of terror. But one group of ponies resisted. These were the Flutterponies. They lived in a valley outside the towns and were not very often seen by regular ponies. They did have individual talents, but when they combined their magic, the Flutterponies could have incredible power, all from working together. The Flutterponies looked like regular ponies, cept that they had beautiful, iridescent butterfly wings which they used to fly and work their common magic.

Discord punished the Flutterponies terribly for resisting his rule. He cursed them so that they still kept their ability to work together as one, but were given black bodies, torn insect wings and fangs. They lost their individual talents but got the power of shapeshifting instead. They were still able to reproduce, but were unable to do so without feeding off love, which also helped to sustain them and give them energy and power. Of course, the Flutterponies had become the Changelings. Since not many ponies knew of the Flutterponies, nopony missed them or wondered where they had gone. Even when Discord was defeated, he took the secret of what he had done with him when he was turned into a statue."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock looked down at the ground "I am very sorry to hear that. But now I guess it's my turn..."

Suddenly Ticktock's eyes turned from purple to red and his form changed into a black and grey Alicorn with bat wings, he then snarled "Hey i'm telling it after all it is about ME!"

Ticktock then went back to normal "Yeah about how you ruined my life!"

Cicada was unfazed, having seen fellow changelings shift shape countless times, but she was intrigued. There had to be a story behind this other pony that TickTock had turned into. "The silencing spell still holds," she said. "You can tell me, and not be afraid."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock quickly went and took a pink and purple pill out of a tub and swallowed it "Ok. Firstly have you every heard of...Oblivion Darkness the 'Dark Lord' of Equestria?" At this point Ticktock was pacing up and down the train car clearly concerned and worried.

"I have heard... some things," Cicada replied. "Gleaned from my various spying missions across Equestria. But it would be best if you tell me the facts, cuz sometimes it's difficult to tell which is rumour and which is truth, when you hear gossip from ponies."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock took a deep breath "Well Oblivion Darkness was...well is a bat pony Alicorn ruler of the lost land of Oblivia he had set his sights on ruling the entire world and the first county on his list was Equestria. He was finally stopped though by the Elements of Harmony and another powerful artefact. He was sealed inside a dark crystal and left in the Everfree forest for eternity until two unicorns found the crystal and took it for testing however when the young male unicorn used his magic on the crystal the very life essence of that dark pony forced his way inside the defenceless unicorn when the unicorn awoke his friend was gone but Princess Celestia was there that was when she told the unicorn he had killed his partner... and the rest my dear is history... my history."

"That is pretty much what I've heard," Cicada replied. "I'm glad to know that my top spy, Mariposa, hasn't lost her touch. Was that his voice I heard earlier? If I may ask, what was the other artifact? There is supposed to be one such artifact which can restore us to our natural forms, but nopony at the Hive knows much about it."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock changed back into the bat pony Alicorn "I assure you my dear it wasn't it was a kind of master artefact made up od six relic amulets in the brief amount of time a took it I bonded with it for a short while and it did not have that potential. Oh yeah and Ticktock before you ask the pill is supressing me but without your magic it will take about an hour to fully set in!"

Ticktock changed back "Well... this is going to be stressful." 

"I could help, if you tell me what spell to use," Cicada said, suppressing a sigh of disappointment. Just for a moment, she had hoped that she might be the changeling to break the curse, but that had been snatched away once more. That was why she had arranged all the spying missions across Equestria. Cicada had hoped that she would be able to find the way to break the curse and restore the changelings to the Flutterponies they were meant to be...

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock shook his head "I am afraid it isn't a spell it is my base line magic the very magical essence that ran inside me. It was strong enough to hold Dark back (that's what I call Oblivion) because my special talent was magic but as a changeling I just have less then average magic." Ticktock then looked at the ground tear filling up in his eyes.

Cicada tried to comfort TickTock. "When we get to the Hive," she said, "I will restore you. Maybe even help you further; the Hive library might have a book that you can use. In any case, it'll be an opportunity that few non changelings have had a chance to experience."

Cicada knew thru the Hive Mind link that her sister was alive, but had been wounded during the expulsion from Canterlot. That meant that Cicada, as Commander, was temporarily in charge; she had delegated her chief spy Mariposa to look after the Hive until she'd managed to get back. There were other casualties, but none were as bad as the Queen as she'd been closest to the magic blast.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock gave a half hearted smile at Cicada "I'd like that... I'd like that a lot." Ticktock then hugged the changeling and gave her a kiss then chuckled "Don't go saying I have special privileges it will only make my ego bigger and you don't want to see me when I have a big ego."  

Cicada returned the hug and smiled. "Sometimes," she said, "Everypony ought to feel good about themselves once in a while. It's never good to spend too long brooding over past mistakes. I try not to, even tho every time I fail to find a solution to our curse, it makes me feel bad."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock sighed "I guess feeling good about myself is something I haven't felt for long time I was always trying to be the cold heartless adult using a lake of feeling and a large ego to make himself feel important but then you came along and I haven't felt so good in years." Ticktock then put his hoofs around Cicada and gave her a deep kiss. 

Cicada returned the kiss, resolving to try and forget her troubles for the moment. However, something happened which, as she was still in the shape of the unicorn mare, Cicada didn't notice. With the love flowing thru her, one of the holes in her legs closed up, as if it had never been there.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock broke away from the kiss for air which was lucky because the ticket master came through the door a minuet later

The Ticket master tipped his black hat "Morning sir, ma'am could I please see your tickets."

Ticktock smiled at the old pony "Of course you can sir." Ticktock then handed his ticket to the ticket master who punched it and gave it back.​

"Here's mine," Cicada said, blushing a little as she gave the ticket collector her ticket. When it was punched and given back to her, Cicada tucked it into her saddlebag as the ticket collector left the carriage. Glancing out the carriage window, she saw that they were nearing Ponyville.

The Ticket master quickly poked his head back in through the carriage door "Ah yes one more thing there are royal guard posted at the train station in ponyville they apparently have some kind of spell which can find any disguised changeling but nothing to worry about... unless your a changeling of course hahaha."   

After the ticket master left Ticktock shot Cicada a worried and scared glance.