Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like changlings

StarNote

On 12/7/2016 at 7:17 PM, Evelyn Light said:

I for one, really like Changelings, but i have alot of questions about them. like why chrysalis is the only changeling able to preform magic? or are they able to use the special talents of the ponies they turn into 

What do you mean "chrysalis is the only changeling able to preform magic?"

All the Changeling DO perform magic whenever they MAGICALLY change their appearance and voice to mimic other ponies and what have you!

Thorax even flat outs says that only "Changeling Magic" works in the Changeling Kingdom because of Crysalis' throne!

• 4 months later...

I'm not at all a "Changeling" fan. In fact, I am hoping there never will be another episode similar to To Change a Changeling again, in which there's absolutely no ponies (whether main, secondary or background) besides Starlight and Trixie.

Edited by FirePuppy

I like changelings, especially the new ones. I think they just look pretty and cute, and are kind by nature. I know many people don't like their reform, but I find the colors quite happy and pretty, fitting them well. Besides, Thorax is just so handsome.

ce7642f9127e08512b7023f4ec391072--mlp-th

:orly:

Edited by Foxy Socks
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy Socks said:

I like changelings, especially the new ones. I think they just look pretty and cute, and are kind by nature. I know many people don't like their reform, but I find the colors quite happy and pretty, fitting them well. Besides, Thorax is just so handsome.

ce7642f9127e08512b7023f4ec391072--mlp-th

:orly:

Well, hello there, big bug boy!:wub:

• Brohoof 1

Thorax looks like what some people would want out a bug-type Eeveelution. 

I actually didn't much care for the changelings at first but they've grown on me a little. Frankly I think it took a bit long for my own personal selling point to be met with Thorax.

i prefer the old scary look overall, but im only starting to get used to Thorax's look. He certainly looks better with the antlers than the basic bald changlings. i dunno, some of the generic designs look like they lack some parts

While they aren't my favorite species, I've had a liking for changelings in general, but if I had to be honest...they weren't that interesting until "The Times They Are a Changeling." When we see Thorax and the struggles he has to deal with that made them feel more diversified...I guess you could say.

Since the overall change; however, I've been liking them more and more. The species has plenty of room to grow, but I like what they are doing with them. I LOVE the designs, especially Thorax and Pharynx (anyone guess why? :orly: ), and overall they are likeable.

• Brohoof 1

They are an interesting species and demand to be explored further. Each appearance has actually added something regarding their lore or current state of affairs that intrigues me, and To Change a Changeling added some interesting dynamics to their culture. 

• Brohoof 1

Well I gotta admit it: while I DEEPLY hate TWABA for the trashy treatment it reserved to the Mane 6, I'm still glad for the development it provided for the Changelings. To Change a Changeling is one of my favorite eps of S7, especially for Thorax and his brother Pharynx, they are both great characters with a great dynamic, and I really like them as new leaders of the hive... still I don't know how much of them I'm gonna see in future.... if at all considering it's highly probably I will stop after the current season.

There is a thing about the S8 premiere that really worries me, other then the eventual treatment the Mane 6 will get in it, and it's related to the ONLY bad changeling left and that I firmly believe should never reform, but it's better I don't reveal what I know, or I will cause yet another bronymageddon... althought I would take part of it this time if my worries are corrected.

4 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Thorax and Pharynx designs=epic

Other changelings are annoying, stupid looking, and just the worse.

I don't mind the love bugs, but Pharynx, both visually and in character, is absolutely awesome.

Especially given his pony-bag :D

I like them. I didn't think much of them after "A Canterlot Wedding", though there were a couple of great moments in that episode (the fight scene and "They're changelings, remember?") – I saw them as rather impersonal villains at that point, though their ability to take different forms was interesting. However, I loved "The Times They Are a Changeling" and thought Thorax was great character, partially because I often sympathize with misfit characters. It was also great to see Spike make a friend by himself for once. "To Where and Back Again" was another great episode, and it was wonderful to see Thorax save the day and have the changelings turn against Chrysalis.

So yes, I do like them and especially Thorax. Though I have to say that while I enjoyed "To Where and Back Again" and its ending, I still prefer the original changeling designs to the post-reformation ones. They were cooler and in some way cuter back then.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I liked a lot the way they were in season 2, not after the events of season 6.

From a Chrysalis fan who wanted a great return to her, this was trash and one of the big reasons why I dropped the show for 3 years.

• Brohoof 1