Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like changlings

StarNote

Changleings are definitely fun. I myself just recently made a changeling OC, he's here. Just waiting on a commission on him before I can show him off to the forums!

(Also it's fun to mess around in certain chats as one  :-P )

We need more backstory on changelings.. There hasn't been enough, and it's bothering me.

There has been some backstory in the comics. Yes I know it isn't perfectly "canon" but there was a nod in that direction.

I guess we may need wait until the next season so we can get a possibility of an actual canon backstory.

There has been some backstory in the comics. Yes I know it isn't perfectly "canon" but there was a nod in that direction.

I guess we may need wait until the next season so we can get a possibility of an actual canon backstory.

It would be nice to see some stuff about Chrysalis herself, though, and maybe if there are other hive queens that she had to compete with.

Edited by \/

It would be nice to see some stuff about Chrysalis herself, though, and maybe if there are other hive queens that she had to compete with.

So far according to the comics she is the only one. But again, this may change in the future

So far according to the comics she is the only one. But again, this may change in the future

It seems unlikely that she's the only queen in her species, especially since she throws herself head-on into danger that could end up making changelings extinct if that fact were true.

It seems unlikely that she's the only queen in her species, especially since she throws herself head-on into danger that could end up making changelings extinct if that fact were true.

It is unclear. From what we have seen in the show there hasn't been any other factions of changelings. It could be that Chrysalis has defeated and absorbed them into her own hive or as the comics have shown, the only faction out there.

She doesn't really put herself in direct danger that much. In Canterlot Wedding, she was the infiltrator for sure, but she has the magical ability to be at the front. She managed to successfully replace Cadance and almost took over Canterlot in the end. She probably the only one capable of doing that in the swarm seeing as most of her underlings are uncreative.

In Where and Back Again, she stayed back at the hive where she was technically safe. Chrysalis doesn't seem that headstrong to charge in, she is calculating and for the most part, keep herself safe.

They're a interesting species, neverless. They seem to partake more insect like features and characteristics than their more mammal like counterparts, the equines. Queen Chrysalis is pretty vile and ruthless constituting to a great villain but her origins and secrets still up in the air. Thorax is a twist on what we originally thought of Changelings. Not all Changelings are evil we assumed but yet I'm pretty astounded in what he did for not just himself but to his own kind too. Regarding their new forms, I think it just glues another piece of mystery behind the Changelings as a whole species and I'm looking forward for more unveiling. Overall, they're a really cool and mysterious kind of creature.

Yep. I thought the idea of them were cool, but then they turned

kinda cliché in the end there...

However, I still like them. Also, they sorta look like deer now and I like deer.

It must have been awful for the Changelings when they were under the rule of Chrysalis. She set them up to behave like heartless beasts, but then Thorax turns their lives around.

I like the Changelings now. Thorax's original form was so cute for it's time, but now the Changelings look more presentable.

They were meh to me in A Canterlot Wedding. It was nice to have an army to fight but they weren't anything really special to me. 

After the Season 6 finale I fucking loathe them, both Chrysalis and those botched neon color splatters. I wish we'd never see any of their ugly mugs again but too late for that. 

I for one, really like Changelings, but i have alot of questions about them. like why chrysalis is the only changeling able to preform magic? or are they able to use the special talents of the ponies they turn into 

• 4 months later...

I like the changelings new forms better than their other ones. The Original forms were good, but their new ones are better.

I was wondering, how come in the Changelings new forms, some have crystals on their chest?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Brainstorm said:

I like the changelings new forms better than their other ones. The Original forms were good, but their new ones are better.

I was wondering, how come in the Changelings new forms, some have crystals on their chest?

Good question. I've also seen some with different style horns and some with no horns. I am going with the assumption that it's similar to Pony race. Perhaps they signify their work role too (worker drone vs soldier drone like ants or bees).