Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So who likes to cook? 

What do you like cooking?

What do you hate to cook but still will if asked?

Top 5 things you love to cook?

Can you bake?  

Also, share some Recipes if you can.  

• Delighted Giggle 1

I like to cook!

All kinds of stuff. I'm always trying new things and even have some original creations, even though I'm a picky eater.

I think smoothies/shakes are one of my least favorites because of clean up. They're delicious, but if you don't rinse out your glass, you're going to have trouble scraping off those dried bits of fruit.

Ooh, top 5? Homemade bread, Broccoli pesto, blackberry icecream, egg in a frame French toast, and a ribeye in rosemary butter.

Yeah! I'm best known for my desserts.

My Broccoli pesto is always a go to for parties. Steam 2 heads of Broccoli, stem and all, just make you cut off the old end first. Grate a good block of parmesan. Place the still hot Broccoli in a blender or food processor, followed by the parmesan, and add in some olive oil. I don't have an exact measurement, but quite a but. The excess heat will melt the parmesan. Blend until it runs smooth, making that vortex configuration. You may need to stop and stir it up so you don't have chunks. Add more olive oil as needed. You know it's ready when it's soft and smooth, but holds its shape. Then add some garlic and freshly ground pepper to taste. You can add salt as well, but parmesan already has quite a bit in it. Serve on fresh or toasted gourmet bread, or eat with a spoon if you're feeling cheeky. It will firm up as it cools down, but you can just pop it in the microwave.

I do like to cook. :mlp_icwudt:

I like to cook all kinds of thing when I have time but mostly I just make basic stuff. I'd really like to make some chili right now.

I don't hate to cook anything but I hate to do dishes. :dry:

• Brohoof 1

I don’t really like to cook to be honest. I can cook some basic stuff but I’m no Wolfgang Puck. Given the choice I’d prefer to simply nuke something in the microwave and leave it at that.

The things I don’t mind cooking are eggs and the countless varieties involved. That’s kinda fun. I cook a lot of frozen pizza but that isn’t really cooking as much as heating up something pre-made. I can make some good homemade soups; my best being cream of mushroom, seafood bisque and baked potato soup.

Something I hate to cook but will cook if asked is steak. I love steak but I don’t like cooking it because I’m always worried I’ll overcook it or undercook it and it’s daunting to me because steak is expensive and I don’t want to botch it.

I can bake cookies…which is to say they’re fine after I burn the first batch. After the first batch they come out great; I just need to get in the groove of timing them right.

Most of my recipes come out of a cookbook so imparting some secret ingredients handed down over generations isn’t going to happen, sorry to say.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

No. I do meal delivery. Someone else makes it and I just heat it up. I'm lactose intolerant so my meals now are pretty much vegan. I don't want to eat salads daily and rather not spend the money or time making my own meals. It's really just finding the right subscription service that won't screw me over. 

Hmm... I like cooking for other people. Myself, not so much. Mainly because I end up spending more time cleaning up from cooking than I do actually eating the food, without the satisfaction of being able to share your cooking with someone else.

I don't really have a strong preference. Basically whatever sounds good to me at the moment is what I like to cook lol.

I can bake. I've made cookies, banana bread and such for friends before. I kind of prefer baking to cooking for that reason. Much easier to share baked goods vs cooked food.