Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you cook your bacon?

Luna 831

• 3 years later...

Good question actually and this is something I'm sure a lot of people feel very opinionated on so if this happens to be different from how you cook it then sorry but I choose to do it my way. What I do is actually, I usually put bacon on something depending on whether I'm eating it individually or not of course. The process of cooking bacon is one of precision many people live their lives never actually knowing how to actually cook bacon. You first have to know what the ingredient you are working with is, some bacons are more fatty others more meaty depending on which it is I have different methods if it happens to be fatty for example I typically prefer overcooking it. While that may not be the best taste, I'm not a fan of the fat on it so I overcook it to pretty much take it from the bacon. So what I do is I put some butter and preheat it when I can see the butter about to be ready I put it right in instantly you see it sizzling yes good sign now let it do so until you feel they look mostly meaty. Yet if the bacon happens to be meaty, I prefer using it with something.

So what I do is I typically section it into pieces of bacon, then I cook it not too long just until I see it is cooked I want it to be perfect I recommend medium heat butter don't let it sizzle only heat it then put the bacon in you're cooking it to the point of being cooked nothing more then serve as you please. 

(edited)

Any bacon is good bacon, but I prefer it not crunchy, but not floppy, either. It shouldn't break if you bend it, but it shouldn't sag under its own weight very much.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

Trust me, people. Don't bother with the stove. It cooks much better and more evenly on a cookie sheet in the oven.

I like it nice and crispy. I love bacon on a burger or in a sandwich with a fried egg.

On 8/7/2014 at 11:20 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

Call me ABSOLUTELY INSANE, but I actually don't like bacon.

You're absolutely insane. :P

All bacon is good bacon! Though my favorite way is actually on a grill with a wood fire like Mable or oak or something! You just cannot beat that smokey Woody flavor mixed with the bacon itself flavor! 

@Blivy Smokey bacon you had me at bacon uwu, that sounds like an excellent idea for cooking I have some bacon waiting for a pasta I'm doing. Though when I do that I prefer to be not as overcooked also bacon is some of the best seasoning for any dish you're doing. 

@Lucky Bolt When in doubt, add some more bacon.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Trust me, people. Don't bother with the stove. It cooks much better and more evenly on a cookie sheet in the oven.

It really is so much simpler and quicker to put it in the oven. Plus, you don't have to worry about getting splattered with hot grease.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
On 2014-08-07 at 8:02 PM, rarity1 said:

With lots of hate and no love.

This. I always talk down to my food as I cook it. I feel obligated to tell it how awful it looks.