Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you cook your bacon?

Luna 831

I don't know... I don't think I've ever even had bacon. lol

Blasphemy! Heresy! Sodomy!

Damn it Quagmire, get outta here! Anyway, jokes aside. I do recommend at least trying some bacon. If you don't like it when you try it, at least you can say you tried it.

• Brohoof 1

Blasphemy! Heresy! Sodomy!

Damn it Quagmire, get outta here! Anyway, jokes aside. I do recommend at least trying some bacon. If you don't like it when you try it, at least you can say you tried it.

I had bacon flavored crackers once, of which the one who shared them with me said they tasted just like bacon, and I couldn't even get past the first bite. It wasn't good at all, and in fact, came VERY close to making me gag. So, I'll pass.

I had bacon flavored crackers once, of which the one who shared them with me said they tasted just like bacon, and I couldn't even get past the first bite. It wasn't good at all, and in fact, came VERY close to making me gag. So, I'll pass.

Well that was crackers. Stuff that fabricates those flavors are not bound to making them taste good. Try the real thing and see then. If you don't wish to, that's fine. I'm just making a friendly suggestion. *cuddles*

• 2 weeks later...

I only eat turkey bacon, and I believe we always buy Butterball brand.  I cook it on the stovetop in an ungreased frying pan for eight minutes; flipping the pieces every two minutes.  I try not to let it get too crispy because crispy turkey bacon and my teeth don't get along all that well.  On one occasion I cooked the bacon, cut it into little pieces, and then tossed it in with (I think) a bacon cheeseburger Hamburger Helper.  'Twas good.

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 1

The best way to cook bacon is in a cast-iron skillet, especially one that has been used for the task several times before. Cast-iron cookware seems under-utilized and unappreciated these days by so many people. If not available, it can be cooked in a regular pan or even in the microwave, but if done in the microwave, put a paper towel or two under the bacon to soak up some of the grease.

Bacon is best when slightly chewy, imo. I don't mind crispy bacon though. As for brand, I don't have a preference, but it's gotta be "thick-sliced." ^_^

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

I've posted here before but my preference may or may not have changed, bacon is magnificently delicious. So very simple, put some oil on that pan then just throw that bacon on there watch it cook and smell the delicious aroma then just pick it up and put on some paper or whatever you prefer as it's too hot to eat directly. Now take that hot sweaty bacon and eat it.

• Brohoof 2

I try and avoid bacon. I choked on bacon fat when I was a kid (some random man in the cafe gave me the heimlich manoeuvre) I'm kind of scared of eating fatty meats now.

When I do eat it I cook it in the oven and take off the fat.