Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What's your favorite dish that your parents cook?

Dashy 4 Ever

• 2 years later...

Definitely the Pasta Cassaroles or the stuffing covered Porkchops in gravy that my mom and step-father make. Both are excellent cooks, and I do want to continue that by being the dessert-maker in the  family. :coco:

My parents are no longer with me, and to be honest only my father has any skill in the kitchen. He had a gift. My favorite thing he would make is a slow cooked homemade tomato sauce. I have his recipe and according to my family it’s fine dining level, but it’s hard for me to tell. 

The best thing he ever made was something that I didn’t know the name of until I was 20. He called it “fancy steak”. It’s actually Beef Wellington. I don’t know the recipe. I am making it this Christmas because my wife has never had it. 

• 3 months later...

My mother makes the greatest lasagna in the world. I know that's the typical food that everyone argues about on behalf of their mothers' honour, but in this case I'm afraid to say that it is literally the objective, inalienable truth that my mother's lasagna is the greatest in the world. At least that I've eaten.

• 2 months later...

My mum makes some incredible meatballs. I always helped her make them when I was a kid and to this day, I still do. I guess that little tradition makes them all the more special, but even in terms of taste, I can say that nothing I've had compares. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

I wish my mom made it more often but there's 2 little treats: they're called something like "khao nom kuk" (basically a coconut rice cake) and "nam vahn khao" (pandan flavored tapioca starch noodles dunked in sweetened coconut milk, sometimes with other goodies like sweet corn. I think it's also called "cendol')

I love them because they're not too sweet! :fluttershy: