Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So... How do YOU cook your Ramen?

Samrules350

So this is a thread dedicated to ramen...

Post everything related to ramen!

Basically tell everyone the insane ways you cook and make ramen! I usually just put some ramen chunks in a bag and crush them, then sprinkle some seasoning in the bag and eat it like chips.

• Brohoof 3

1. Cook the ramen like usual.
  2. Heat up some corned beef or ham.
  3. Finish the ramen and drain all the water.
  4. Add soy sauce to the ramen.
  5. Add the meat.
  6. Add crushed red pepper.
  7. Stir.
  8. Done.

I like to add meats and heat to my ramen, makes it a lot less boring and more filling.

Edited by Chigens and Kay
  • Brohoof 7

I make a small fire, toss in a jar of water containing the ramen, then let it cook.

Incidentally: I've never managed to eat Ramen.

• Brohoof 2

In the UK we don't get ramen at all. What is it exactly? Is it just spaghetti pasta and bits of meat mixed into it or is it a special type of pasta?

It's a wrapped package containing a square brick of noodles and a flavor packet.

You cook the noodles via boiling water then mix in the flavor packet and consume.

LtF0YEw.jpg

MGAqG6m.gif

• Brohoof 5

Put some water in a small pan, once it boils, put the noodles in, cook for a few mins, add seasoning and eat,
OR, If I'm feeling like a master chef, I'll put some pepper in too. Aren't I cool?

Step 1 - Cook ramen in the typical fashion

Step 2 - Make sure to pour out excess water so that you get the most out of your flavor packet

Step 3 - Pour into soup bowl and add salt + copious amounts of pepper

Step 4 - Add a dash of Blaire's Mega Death Sauce and stir

Step 5 - Consume and enjoy your dangerously spicy concoction...with a glass of milk on-hoof just in case

Step 6 - Curse yourself later on

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 8

So this is a thread dedicated to ramen...

Post everything related to ramen!

Basically tell everyone the insane ways you cook and make ramen! I usually just put some ramen chunks in a bag and crush them, then sprinkle some seasoning in the bag and eat it like chips.

Hahaha, I used to do that when I was a kid. I take the ramen out and boil it in water for a bit, then I drain a bit of the water and add the flavor. I really don't see any reason to cook it any other way.

Like normal, really, with two options from there.

1: Adding in a ton of soy sauce and salt. I love the taste of salt/ salty things. Hypertension is the disease of pros, after all!

2: Mixing in chopped up green olives and Parmesan cheese. I call it the "Marco Polo Experience." smile.png

I'm eating ramen now, after seeing this thread.

I probably should have read the replies before making it......sleep.png , I took the noodles and water w/ seasoning and added in some scallions for flavor. Guess I'll have to add in some of this stuff next time.

• Brohoof 1

I don't cook very often. Heh, last time I tried the firealarm went on. ^-^' Even though it's pretty god damn simple to just cook some ramen, I try to prevent it. It tastes pretty good though. :D

And that, my dear bronies, is the proof that all women doesn't belong in the kitchen, hahah.

... don't kill me by the way, I'm just kidding.

-Crush the ramen

-Put in bowl

-Add water

-Microwave

I do it the lazy way :3

So lazy to add anything to it too, just too incredibly lazy to do anything ;-;

• Brohoof 4

Honestly, I just get chicken-flavored Maruchan at my local Kroger. It comes in a giant block, which you break into a boiling pot on the stove. You then let the noodles do their thing for I believe 3 minutes. Then, I put the chicken-flavoring into the pot (After turning the heat off.) Then I stir, and stir.

Then I let it cool for a minute, and attempt to eat it with chop sticks (Since I only know how to partially use them.)

Edited by Betez

In the UK we don't get ramen at all. What is it exactly? Is it just spaghetti pasta and bits of meat mixed into it or is it a special type of pasta?

It's basically just these salty noodles loaded with carbs that were originally from Asia. Nothing too special about them, but they're not spaghetti. At least not the ones I get.

Wonderfully.

I get special tap water, boil it to about 70ºC, then I drop the noodle brick. I then start my timer, which goes on for 3 minutes. On the last 15 minutes, I make the water bubble just to give the finishing touch.

Then I put it in a bowl, with water and everything, and then put the flavoring. I mix it thoroughly. Then I add a nice amount of requeijão, mix it a little bit more.

I then drink the water, which is now a creamy soup, rich in flavor. Then I go for the noodles, which are very slippery due to the requeijão, and very tasty too, because the flavoring gets mixed with the requeijão and coats the surface of the noodle evenly.

I hope that this doesn't make you want my noodles. :P

When I was a kid, my dad always used to crush the noodles and never drain the water.  We drank/ate the soup in a coffee mug.  I continued doing this into adulthood until a friend told me I could actually not crush the noodles.  It never occurred to me to not crush the noodles.  I was also later told by another friend they drained all/most of the water.  So now, I usually keep the noodles whole, cook slightly less than three minutes for best texture, drain most of the water, add seasoning, stir, then add garlic powder, minced onions and some pepper, then eat (and sometimes add an ice cube).  I do this with all flavors.  :)

I usually like to put a bit of meat in it, usually leftovers from whatever the racoons have killed last night.

IMGP8097.jpg

Then I eat it... with a knife:

IMGP8104.jpg

How do I eat my Ramen noodles? 

Do you really want to know?

post-3585-0-40057700-1367279590_thumb.jpg

That is all I have to contribute to this thread. Thank you for your time.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

LOL TROLLING ALL THE DAY, I was just about to make some ramen but my mom wouldn't let me... I wanted to use some habenero sauce!!

Would've been mighty tasteh

Edited by Samrules350

Step 1- Put only the noodles in a bowl and keep the seasoning for later step

Step 2- Cover the noodles with water

Step 3- Cook in the microwave 'til the noodles are "al dente"

Step 4- Drain all the water from the bowl so only the noodles are left

Step 5- Add the seasoning

Step 6- Add diced cheese (cheddar or swiss are my fav!)

Step 7- Add meat (usually ham, canned tuna or shrimps)

Step 8- Stir well

Step 9- Heat a few more seconds in the microwave so everything is hot

Step 10- Enjoy!

(edited)

I don't.

I set my water aside and let it warm up to room temperature. Then I add that water to my cup of ramen. Roughly 15 minutes later, it's ready to eat. 

After a couple years of eating ramen without having acess to a microwave or stove, I got used to eating my ramen lukewarm...

Edited by Cota