Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private To change a changling

Skylord Nexus

Cicada looked a bit worried but was already thinking up a solution. "There's nothing else for it," she said. "I will use a teleportation spell to take us from the train and we'll enter Ponyville from the other side instead of disembarking from the station. I don't want to have to use any offensive magic just yet; I need a love meal to strengthen my reserves before I can fight effectively. Non offensive magic will work, tho."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock hugged Cicada "Ok but only if it wont hurt you I would hate to have anything happen to you, just don't teleport us too far just past the station should do it ok?" Ticktock then let go of the changeling and smiled "Don't go too over board." Ticktock then began to laugh.

Cicada smiled. "Yes, just enough past the station to avoid the royal guards ought to do it," she said. "No point in wasting my energy, and we have to get to Ponyville before we attempt to travel thru the Everfree. There is a town in the middle of the Everfree we can stop at, if need be."

Cicada took a deep breath, and concentrated her magic. Her horn glowed as the transportation spell took herself and TickTock from the train carriage, to just outside Ponyville. Cicada sat down as soon as they landed; this small effort had fatigued her a little.

I lie back in the driver's seat of my truck, crossing my hind legs as I close my eyes. The soothing vibrations of the V8 engine tickles my back and wings, electing small giggles from me as I take a nap. I was so tired from tinkering with the truck. Excessive amounts of manual labour can tire me out easily.

"It does feel a bit strange if you're being teleported using another pony's magic," Cicada said. "We can wait here for a little while until we both feel better; then we had better walk into the town. With any luck, we'll meet somepony who can help us straight away."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock put his hoof on a near by tree and pulled himself up "Ok I think i'm good we can get going now unless you need more time to rest I mean with the limited energy you had before you teleported us you must be completely drain I just don't want you pushing yourself to do what you cant."

"I'm fine now that I've caught my breath, but I'll have to take a love meal when we get to Ponyville," Cicada replied, getting back on to her hooves. "Don't worry; it won't hurt anypony and I'll only take enough to sustain myself. You should feed too, to keep your strength up."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Ticktock gulped "F...f...feed on l...l...love as in from other ponies I don't think I can whether I hurt them or not it involves me having to manipulate them I just don't think I have it in me, I would have to disguise myself as somepony they care about and then pretend to be in love with them."

"That's a common misconception among ponies," Cicada replied, sadly. "The process of which you speak is what we do in order to gain power. If a changeling is merely seeking a love meal in order to sustain him or herself, then they can just take it in as a waft while passing a pony giving it out. It's like breathing in a scent, and the pony knows nothing of it. If we had to manipulate ponies every time we fed, we would have died out centuries ago."

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Ok well that is slightly more confuting to know that I don't have to mind control ponies to eat." Ticktock then began to feel dizzy "Wow I think I am still feeling the effects of the trans..." Ticktock then collapsed onto the ground loosing his disguise.

(Note: Ticktock has passed out from exhaustion. I did this so Cicada can meet wildfire :) )

@@ThatBlazingPony, @, Cicada was horrified, and knew straight away that despite the risk, she had to head into the town to seek help. Pausing only to cast a spell to keep TickTock in a temporary disguise, just in case anypony came to the place while she was gone, she ignored her tiredness and galloped into Ponyville. Approaching the first pony she saw, she gasped out, "Please, help me! My coltfriend has collapsed!"

Wildfire hears the commotion from inside her truck and so opens the door and drops down to the floor. "Where is he?" She asks, grabbing a first aid kit in her mouth, a stern look on her face, telling the pony infront of her that she'll get the situation under control.

@@ThatBlazingPony,

"Just outside the town," Cicada gasped. "We were travelling to Ponyville, when he was suddenly taken ill and collapsed. I hated to leave him all alone, but I don't know any healing spells and so I just had to run to the town and hope that somepony would help!"

She led Wildfire outside the town to where TickTock lay.

@[memeber=Pripyat Pony.]

"Ok." She climbs into tbe cab of the truck, placing the first-aid kit on the dashboard. She then presses the accelerator and follows the pony to the location of her coltfriend. Wildfire is a bit curious as to why they would be out at this time, but she doesn't question it and keeps at a safe distance from the pony in front of her.

@@ThatBlazingPony, @@Pripyat Pony, Cicada led Wildfire to where she had left TickTock. To her relief, he was still there where she'd left him, and the spell keeping him disguised had held true. Hopefully, it would hold until they were able to reach the cover of the Everfree. But first they needed supplies, and they needed to be at full strength.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Pripyat Pony,

Wildfire bent down to Ticktock and put a hoof on his neck to check is pulse "Ok well he's not dead so that's a start." She then put her hoof in front of Ticktock's mouth for a minuet then took it away "Ok he seems to be breathing ok, I mean as far as I can tell he is just asleep." She then turned to Cicada "Do you know how much sleep he's been getting lately?"

"Not much recently," Cicada replied. "You see, there was an invasion in Canterlot and neither of us have slept much. We decided to get out of the city afterwards, cuz as you can imagine, it was extremely stressful. We both felt that we needed a break from Canterlot."

Cicada wasn't sure about how much to tell Wildfire. Sure, she seemed friendly enough, and they needed supplies, but what they didn't need right now was a pony raising the alarm about changelings in their midst.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Wildfire nodded "Yeah we could see it all from Ponyville, we even saw all the changelings go flying out towards the bad lands. Then the guard came and insist on checking every hose everyday to make sure there are no changelings around.... What is you coltfriends name anyway?" 

"Ticktock," Cicada replied. "And my name's Cirrus," she added, using the name she always went by whenever she went on a spying mission around Equestria. The higher tier changelings were normally given insect related names, and Cicada was always loath to use her real name just in case there was anypony who knew this particular fact."

"Sure, as long as you don't mind us staying with you until TickTock is better," Cicada replied. She lifted TickTock's forelegs gently with her magic, supporting his head on her own shoulder. After all, it would be suspicious if a unicorn didn't use their magic.

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Yeah i'm fine with it, he should only need a couple hours of sleep anyway." Wildfire lead them to her truck and place Ticktock in the back, before addressing 'Cirrus' "Well then you care to jump in? My place isn't that far away but I don't want to leave my truck here."

@, "Alright," Cicada replied, getting carefully into the truck. She decided to wait until Ticktock woke up before deciding what to do; she could then consult with him as to whether or not to take this pony into their confidence. They might have to, since they did need help.

@@Pripyat Pony,

After 5 minuets of travel the truck stopped and Wildfire hopped out quickly ran to open her house door and then ran back to the truck "Can you grab Ticktock's legs and head for me again please, then when we get in I can make us both a cup of tea and we can have a little talk."