Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guys wearing skin tight clothing?

SolidTwilight

So how do you feel about guys wearing skin tight clothing? When I was a kid and I would see guys in bike shorts I would think "they look stupid, tight shots are for girls and guys look grouse in them." but now that I use them, they are so comfortable that I don't care how I look. I hate biking, swimming or running in baggie shorts anymore, but I don't like making people feel uncomfortable so I am asking all of you how you feel about seeing guys in stuff like bike shorts. here are some photos of me so you know what I am talking about.

this is also me at the bronycon cospay contest as future twilight 

https://youtu.be/Jutwdq5qDws?t=32m40s 

post-27007-0-15050500-1443040649_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-51734200-1443040651_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-67435500-1443040652_thumb.jpg

Edited by SolidTwilight
  • Brohoof 2

There's actually a significant reason why athletes wear skin-tight clothes:

1.) it's aero-dynamic and doesn't get in the way.

2.) It keeps you cool by wicking the sweat and moisture away from your body.

3.) I cuts down on chafing, because your body doesn't have any loose clothing to rub and create friction.

Most of the time it has nothing to do with style at all, and more about performance.

• Brohoof 7

There's actually a significant reason why athletes wear skin-tight clothes:   1.) it's aero-dynamic and doesn't get in the way. 2.) It keeps you cool by wicking the sweat and moisture away from your body. 3.) I cuts down on chafing, because your body doesn't have any loose clothing to rub and create friction.   Most of the time it has nothing to do with style at all, and more about performance.

Exactly this. Wearing anything but flexible and specially designed clothing for tough fitness can really take a toll on your comfortability and endurance. Jeans for example when biking for hours asks for burns and leg sores. Your legs also need to breathe and stretch for that kind of exercise. 

"they look stupid, tight shots are fore girls."
Ugh, tell me about it, this is unfortunately a reality with a good sum of the populace. I do hear this gross mindset a lot. It is completely okay as long as it's not going against any rules or laws to wear what you want.
  • Brohoof 1

If you want my actual opinion on it, towards everyone:

I'm fine with it, just wear a cup.

his is talking about making sure that all your "man equipment" is concealed. You don't need to wear a cup to do it but you do have to make sure that the underwear and shorts combo you have would together to conceal all your stuff or you will have a very noticeable (and grouse) male camel toe (also called a moose knuckle). bike shorts and swimming jammers (the swim shorts I have on in the photos of me in the brown shirt) have built in stuff to help hide your man stuff.

So how do you feel about guys wearing skin tight clothing? When I was a kid and I would see guys in bike shorts I would think "they look stupid, tight shots are for girls and guys look grouse in them." but now that I use them, they are so comfortable that I don't care how I look. I hate biking, swimming or running in baggie shorts anymore, but I don't like making people feel uncomfortable so I am asking all of you how you feel about seeing guys in stuff like bike shorts. here are some photos of me so you know what I am talking about.

Personally, I think it's ugly and I don't want to look at it. But that's me, you shouldn't care what other people think about it, it's your right to wear what you want. I'd be the jerk if I told you this in any circumstance other than you looking for opinions. 

Gender stereotypes are forged in fallacy and ignorance. There's nothing wrong with guys wearing skin-tight clothing if they want to, as long as they're adults. Minors should not be dressing in any kind of sexually-provocative manner, but unfortunately that's been the norm, at least where I live, since middle school. At least I never participated in that.

• Brohoof 5

Doesn't bother me. My philosophy on clothing has always been to dress comfortably. It goes without saying that if you're going to work out or do some athletics, you might opt for some tighter clothing for the aforementioned reasons. And with all of the women strutting around in tight clothing flaunting their stuff, who says guys can't do it? Double standards much. 

• Brohoof 2

You look like an older version of one of the members from Dada Life.