Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's a good free screen capture software?

jeray2000

I'm making a tutorial video for one of my classes, and I think using screen capture software like in Let's Plays would be the easiest way to do it, does anyone have any recommendations for which one I should use? I want to use something free, since I doubt I'll use it much after this, but all the ones I see after a brief googling look like they have viruses or adware with them.

Open Broadcaster (OBS) is pretty good for a free program, and it can double as both recording and streaming software.

Alternatively NVIDIA Shadowplay can do the same with better PC performance, provided you have an Nvidia graphics card with that ability to do such.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I use Ezvid. As requested, it's free, and it produces videos of high quality (up to 720p); it's also very easy to shorten and change the speed of videos, and you can manually select the capture area. But anyway, Ezvid is personally what I use, and I'd certainly recommend it, although... hey, I'm not advertising it or anything. I see there are already quite a few great other suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...