Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Twilight Princess HD Remaster?

Special thanks to Envy for bringing this to my attention that this is possibly being made!

So I did a video on the subject that covers most of my thoughts:

https://youtu.be/ZlueKMdHkww

The article in question of where this information comes from.

So while Twilight Princess is hardly even 10 years old (though it probably will be by the time this remaster hits the market), I think a new coat of paint will give the game more appreciation. What are your thoughts and expectations of it though? Please note right now this is just being called "Twilight Princess HD" not a remake. No news of it being called a "remake" has been leaked, but I would say there is enough evidence to support the idea that this is legitimate.

What are your thoughts?

Nintendo *will* call it a remake, even though it will obviously just be a remastered port like The Wind Waker HD. They called The Wind Waker HD a remake, even though it wasn't. I hate this because I think remasters and remakes need to be seen as two entirely different concepts... They are to begin with, but there's a lot of confusion from what I tell. A lot of throwing around of these terms. Funny how we go to other forms of media, such as movies, and the concept is clear to everyone.

Anyway, like you I love Twilight Princess, but there's no way I can justify spending $50 on this. The Wind Waker HD was not worth $50 either. Remasters are nice, because non-HD games look pretty bad on the Wii U... But you're still purchasing a game which is essentially the very same game as before, just touched up to HD.

They need to take a hint and get with the times... Other companies release HD remasters in a bundle... They also don't disingenuously call them 'remakes', like Nintendo does.

In this case, Nintendo could REALLY take a hint from Square-Enix and remake the OST with real instruments! Imagine hearing Midna's theme with a real English horn, or the incredible buildup of the theme in Hyrule Castle with live instrument equivalents (it's one of my favorite songs from video games, if not my favorite altogether. The instrumentation is amazing. If Nintendo doesn't do it, I may have to do it myself).

Also the OST should be released with it. That would also help justify the price... Otherwise, no buy from me.

• Brohoof 3

DmC is like not even 5 years old and they did a HD remake of it :P

I never played zelda, but I hear they're good, so it'll probably be good.

Well they technically didn't. DmC was already in HD, just not "full" HD.

It was more like they ported it to next gen.

Nintendo *will* call it a remake, even though it will obviously just be a remastered port like The Wind Waker HD. They called The Wind Waker HD a remake, even though it wasn't.

Technically it met the definition of "remake" just that it met the bare minimums for that definition. Nonetheless, as I said: we have NO idea what the price will be, Nintendo may surprise us.

Special thanks to Envy for bringing this to my attention that this is possibly being made!

So I did a video on the subject that covers most of my thoughts:

https://youtu.be/ZlueKMdHkww

The article in question of where this information comes from.

So while Twilight Princess is hardly even 10 years old (though it probably will be by the time this remaster hits the market), I think a new coat of paint will give the game more appreciation. What are your thoughts and expectations of it though? Please note right now this is just being called "Twilight Princess HD" not a remake. No news of it being called a "remake" has been leaked, but I would say there is enough evidence to support the idea that this is legitimate.

What are your thoughts?

I'd be up for it as not only is it the zelda that probably needs an HD update the most considering how dated the game looks now, but despite what many like to critique of it being too similar to Ocarina of Time, I loved that game and I wouldn't mind adding it alongside my Wind Waker HD

• Brohoof 1

If it was released for a good price, then I would be all over it. This was definitely a game that suffered from not being on an HD system, although it is not one of my favorites in the Zelda franchise. I do love it's atmosphere and visual style, it just looked ugly on the Wii and Gamecube. Give me an HD remaster with some new features for $30 at the most on Wii U and I will be happy. I would love to play this one again.

• Brohoof 3

I.. doubt it :?  It doesn't need to be HD like Wind Waker.. :/ xD ;) <3 

Why not though? It was an excellent game.

A remake of my most favourite Zelda game in the world? I'm down. I'd love to see Midna in HD.  :sneer:

I.. doubt it :?  It doesn't need to be HD like Wind Waker.. :/ xD ;) <3 

Wind Waker did not need to be HD to begin with. The original game's artstyle is one of the ones that has stood the test of time the best.

• Brohoof 1

Wind Waker did not need to be HD to begin with. The original game's artstyle is one of the ones that has stood the test of time the best.

You know many people actually hated how kiddie and cartoony Wind Waker was.

Wind Waker started a new trend where there are two types of Zelda games, the set for younger audiences, and the set for the older fans. Not to mention I'm currently playing Wind Waker HD and it looks pretty good in HD. Many reviewers stated that the HD treatment only enhanced Wind Waker's graphics. Hell the game was so successful in the UK that Wii U sales went up almost 700% the week after release.

The game holds amazing scores among reviewers. I'd say considering how WELL the HD treatment did Wind Waker in terms of sales and customer satisfaction, making TP is the next logical step.

You know many people actually hated how kiddie and cartoony Wind Waker was.

Yes, I was online back then, too.

TBH, I've never been a huge fan of that graphical style, and really loved Twilight Princess's. But then again, when I play TP, I don't really find it too dated either. However, I have only played it through the Wii and GCN, and not Wii U. I tried playing Skyward Sword on the Wii U and that was not a fun experience.

Yes, I was online back then, too.

TBH, I've never been a huge fan of that graphical style, and really loved Twilight Princess's. But then again, when I play TP, I don't really find it too dated either. However, I have only played it through the Wii and GCN, and not Wii U. I tried playing Skyward Sword on the Wii U and that was not a fun experience.

Both games would look identical on the Wii U. The Wii U does not make the games look better just by being played on the Wii U because the system only has access to the internal Wii while playing Wii games.

And I can honestly say that TP looks dated now. I mean think about it: it was a LAUNCH title with the Wii. It came out when developers didn't really fully know how to take advantage of the system yet.

Both games would look identical on the Wii U. The Wii U does not make the games look better just by being played on the Wii U because the system only has access to the internal Wii while playing Wii games.

It doesn't make them look better, it makes them look worse. Much worse.

And I can honestly say that TP looks dated now. I mean think about it: it was a LAUNCH title with the Wii. It came out when developers didn't really fully know how to take advantage of the system yet.

Well, it was always a beautiful game to me.

It doesn't make them look better, it makes them look worse. Much worse.

Yup! That's what happens when you put an old 480p game on a 1080p display without any AA.

This would be cool to see. But why cant they reimagine Orcina Of Time? If any Zelda game needs to be polished, its this one.

But it already got a 'remake' on the 3DS! Even though it still looks like crap, to be blunt.

They could have done so much better, but they only go as far as they need to, to make money, I guess. Also, between making a full-blown remake of OOT and remastering Twilight Princess, they're obviously going to go with the least amount of work.

But it already got a 'remake' on the 3DS! Even though it still looks like crap, to be blunt.

They could have done so much better, but they only go as far as they need to, to make money, I guess. Also, between making a full-blown remake of OOT and remastering Twilight Princess, they're obviously going to go with the least amount of work.

Consider the fact that Nintendo has reported losses every quarter for almost 3+ years now. Cut them some slack. I am normally one who is very critical of companies, but I can recognize when they literally are bleeding for money to make some of the fan expectations a possibility. You gotta be able to step back from what you WANT and consider it from their perspective as well. You've grinded that ax for a while now. OoT 3D wasn't up to your standards however many people felt the 3DS remake was excellent and it seems as though a vast majority definitely feel they got their money's worth.

You can't ignore vast sweeping approval and sales just because your personal standards are not met. It's clear that it was the smart move for Nintendo to go with the 3DS. Considering the Wii U was not selling well when Majora's Mask came into the picture and Nintendo wasn't confident in enough people buying a Wii U just for those remakes. So naturally they went with the system which was selling more and thus limitations were there.

You can't ignore vast sweeping approval and sales just because your personal standards are not met.

Haven't we already had this conversation? Back when I was a regular on a big Zelda forum's Zelda section, I criticized OOT3D quite extensively, and I had quite a number of people who agreed with me.

They weren't just my disappointments.

Besides, this isn't about that! I was just responding to the member before me, and what I said wasn't off-base given that. =/

Haven't we already had this conversation? Back when I was a regular on a big Zelda forum's Zelda section, I criticized OOT3D quite extensively, and I had quite a number of people who agreed with me.

They weren't just my disappointments.

Besides, this isn't about that! I was just responding to the member before me, and what I said wasn't off-base given that. =/

My point is you've grinded that ax already. We've discussed that and honestly just because you had people who agreed does not invalidate the millions of sales it got, the insane praise it got, the high review scores it got and did so well across the board. By June 2015 it is the 6th best selling title on the 3DS.

Clearly you and your people who agree with you are in the minority.

So if TP HD is even HALF as successful, it'll be a huge success.