Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[SPOILER] Am I seeing this correctly?

Champion RD92

I noticed this as well and the sound is obviously just from Fluttershy being picked up.

I will admit that I had to rewind to be completely sure it wasn't.

Everyone go to 31:45 (It's the scene where RD saves Fluttershy in the season 2 finale)

Look at the scene and listen carefully and tell me if you notice anything odd.

http://www.youtube.c...sixRtMKUCk&hd=1

Am i crazy, or did Rainbow Dash kiss Fluttershy?!?!?! o_O

Seriously, it looks like Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy kiss really quick and I even hear a smooching noise. I'm probably just imagining things, but I swear it looked like it.

Funny how I noticed that the very first time I saw this episode. I was like "WTF?" but I din't want to rewind 'cause there was still more to watch :)

I think the animators did that on purpose. Close enough to drive shippers crazy, but far enough to avoid trouble. But since there was also and Applejack and Rainbow "kiss" in MMDW, I think it's safe to conclude that even the animators ship Rainbow with everything. :P

Honestly, I had thought that Rainbow Dash had kissed Fluttershy, and I was like LOL WUT cause I was certain that sort of thing would not be shown on TV. However, I do not think a friend kissing another friend with such a quick peck (especially in the happy, relieved emotional moment of having saved her from harm in battle) would signify anyone being gay. I also am not offended at all by references of Rainbow Dash being a lesbian or bi, because I believe there is no offense with such a thing. Some of my gay friends find it so strange that everyone automatically assumes they are straight unless they tell people otherwise. I don't know Rainbow Dash's sexuality, nor do I care in the slightest, because no matter what she is, nothing is wrong with it.

Think about kissing close family members (usually on the cheek or forehead) and kissing extremely-close friends in the same manner in dire situations (extremely close friend is very sick, haven't seen in forever-ever, or one just saved the other's life in a desperate moment where you could have witnessed them maimed and murdered) and really it's not so strange.

Despite evidence of the screen shots with the timing of the sound, I view it as Rainbow kissing Fluttershy in relief at saving her unharmed (and the mistimed screen shots and sound being the show saving its plot from lawsuits galore about the evils of whatever). Plus, light travels faster than sound - things are often seen before heard (though usually at much greater distances... lol).

I don't read anything into the kiss, though. I don't find it relevant to sexuality; I find it relevant to caring very much about someone. Caring very much about someone, of course, does NOT always lead to sexual things. Think of your own life and how many people you care very deeply about that you would never dream of being 'involved' with, related or not, sexual-preference-gender or not.

I thought it was cute :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I seriously get upset when people mention that Rainbow Dash is a lesbian. -_-

...... makes me want to snap their neck....

• Brohoof 1

I seriously get upset when people mention that Rainbow Dash is a lesbian. -_-

...... makes me want to snap their neck....

Same here, dude.

I don't know Rainbow Dash's sexuality, nor do I care in the slightest, because no matter what she is, nothing is wrong with it.

I don't want her to be lesbian because I wuv her :(

And it just gets on my nerves when people say she is lesbian just because she is a tomboy and has a rainbow mane.

Same here, dude.

I don't want her to be lesbian because I wuv her :(

And it just gets on my nerves when people say she is lesbian just because she is a tomboy and has a rainbow mane.

That is certainly no grounds to classify anyone as a lesbian. 100% straight females can be tomboyish, and I also believe that her rainbow mane has nothing do to with anything regarding sexuality.

But, if you love Rainbow Dash, why would her being a lesbian taint her in your eyes?

I think the animators did that on purpose. Close enough to drive shippers crazy, but far enough to avoid trouble. But since there was also and Applejack and Rainbow "kiss" in MMDW, I think it's safe to conclude that even the animators ship Rainbow with everything. :P

May I ask what is MMDW?

I know it's a show for children! They would not introduce homosexuality in a damn children show.

Watch Teletubbies, and then tell me that again.

Ugh.

Honestly, do you really think the creators would put that in a kid's show?

And no, the Teletubbies weren't gay.

I mean, yes to educate your children and all, but most people will think they're children might get confused (Wich is bogus, if they're gay or lesbian they just are) and all those kind of issues, so sorry.

Now, if you want to see it on the fanon side, I guess this could be the last of a long series of RD's 'Activities'.

Edited by Doctor Whooves™

I didn't even think about it at the time, I was basking in the glory of the episode. But now this is all I'm seeing and I just want to run and hide D: I don't really like the thought of Rainbow Dash being lesbian.

Fluttershy definitely puckers, but maybe because of the strain of Rainbow Dash pulling her up.

As for the sound effect, it might just be a strange whoosh sound as implied above.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by LMW-YBC

Not a kiss at all.

But eh, Flutterdashers will fangasm anyways.

Also, even if that was a kiss, it didn't confirm anything. I've seen a lot of non-lesbian girls IRL kiss, it's not like a kiss means a long and deep relationship.

Edited by leictreon
  • Brohoof 2

Honestly, I had thought that Rainbow Dash had kissed Fluttershy, and I was like LOL WUT cause I was certain that sort of thing would not be shown on TV. However, I do not think a friend kissing another friend with such a quick peck (especially in the happy, relieved emotional moment of having saved her from harm in battle) would signify anyone being gay. I also am not offended at all by references of Rainbow Dash being a lesbian or bi, because I believe there is no offense with such a thing. Some of my gay friends find it so strange that everyone automatically assumes they are straight unless they tell people otherwise. I don't know Rainbow Dash's sexuality, nor do I care in the slightest, because no matter what she is, nothing is wrong with it.

Think about kissing close family members (usually on the cheek or forehead) and kissing extremely-close friends in the same manner in dire situations (extremely close friend is very sick, haven't seen in forever-ever, or one just saved the other's life in a desperate moment where you could have witnessed them maimed and murdered) and really it's not so strange.

Despite evidence of the screen shots with the timing of the sound, I view it as Rainbow kissing Fluttershy in relief at saving her unharmed (and the mistimed screen shots and sound being the show saving its plot from lawsuits galore about the evils of whatever). Plus, light travels faster than sound - things are often seen before heard (though usually at much greater distances... lol).

I don't read anything into the kiss, though. I don't find it relevant to sexuality; I find it relevant to caring very much about someone. Caring very much about someone, of course, does NOT always lead to sexual things. Think of your own life and how many people you care very deeply about that you would never dream of being 'involved' with, related or not, sexual-preference-gender or not.

I thought it was cute :wub:

Wow...

I read through this thread thinking ^that^. I mean, exactly those things. All of them.

Very well put. Thanks for saving me the effort! :D

• Brohoof 1

Ugh.

Honestly, do you really think the creators would put that in a kid's show?

And no, the Teletubbies weren't gay.

I mean, yes to educate your children and all, but most people will think they're children might get confused (Wich is bogus, if they're gay or lesbian they just are) and all those kind of issues, so sorry.

Now, if you want to see it on the fanon side, I guess this could be the last of a long series of RD's 'Activities'.

Um, no, of course not all of them.

The creators have stated that Po is Catonese, Dipsy is black and Tinky Winky is gay.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the episode for a secound time the thought has come to mind that either their trying to troll us or there putting romance in the show without actuality putting romance in the show.

Basically what I'm saying is them deliberatly giving us something to think about.

After watching the episode for a secound time the thought has come to mind that either their trying to troll us or there putting romance in the show without actuality putting romance in the show.

Basically what I'm saying is them deliberatly giving us something to think about.

My vote is this. Not going to be pursued in the least I can almost guarantee ya'll, so I figure it's coincidence, or they trollin'. Also, like Jeff, I hadn't even noticed this until this thread.