Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Fluttershy the new background pony?

Cleverclover

Yeah I was feeling the same way until the past few episodes. Even with RD too. I just feel like everything has been Applejack and Rarity for the most part, especially since it came back from the hiatus. Idk maybe it's just the way the episodes were in order

• Brohoof 1

Yeah after last episode I can't thinking anything else but that she's been shoved into the background and the writers have no idea what to do with her.

Even in an episode where she is one of the stars and HAS THE BIG SOLUTION, she's pretty much shoved into the background until that moment and does nothing expect her be shy and good with animals the entire time.

I wouldn't go too far with saying she was shoved as a background pony. Personally, I'd assume many people wouldn't mind Fluttershy having leas attention. It seemed everyone was always annoyed with how inconsistent her executions were though I personally found her episodes more consistent than others may realize but just didn't take notice. I tend to look closer at Fluttershy and her episodes than any of the other Mane 5.

From the recent episode, I'm sort of satisfied. True....she hasn't gotten a lot of screen time, but you can't deny how "obviously" consistent her execution has been. Its ironic that the season in which she is shown less, is the same season in which she's shown to have actually "grown" from past seasons. I Am fairly impressed overall.

Fluttershy isn't the only one though....Twilight wasn't getting much of the spotlight either outside her brief appearances until the last two episodes. Whatever the case, I wouldn't worry too much about. I see this as the writers giving others the spotlight for a change than pushing Fluttershy in the background.

At least in the most recent episode, her talents with animals are well appreciated, and she bahaves more like a "shy pony" than a pony with serious issues.