Do you want Sunset Shimmer to join the show?

CheekyBoy

Do you want her to join the show?  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want her to join the show?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't mind seeing that sexy ponu guest starring in a two-parter or three consecutive episodes as a good special......but them I would want her to return to the humane world. I don't think she'd fit in permenantly. Well she would....but she would be pushed to some rarely seen princess and lose being the focus.

• Brohoof 3

img-35775-1-img-35775-1-img-35775-1-img-

SILVER STREAM'S POETRY DUMP

I am Silver Stream  ||  My Request Shop                                                                         

If they can bring her into it without making Equestria Girls canon, then I would be all for it, I love Shimmer. She is such a good character with a decent amount of depth. I don't think they would be able to do that though. As much as I would want them to. There could be a way to do ti without compromising the EQG story but would they do it? Probably not.

• Brohoof 2

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

No-siree, I wouldn't want Sunset to be in MLP:FiM. In the grand scheme of things, Sunset wouldn't make the show fresher outside of her relationship with Princess Celestia. As we've seen in EqG, she's shown to be like Twilight -- they like science, they like making friends and they're great users of magic. Unlike Twilight, however, Sunset would just resolve everything in an instant and bring no tension to the other main ponies. That would make her appearance in FiM pointless as a result.

I'm not saying I hate Sunset, but I do think that she could be better. If she just had a few of her other undiscovered hobbies developed, I would probably care for her more.

• Brohoof 2

No. We need her to make Equestria Girls bearable.

I'm not a medical expert, psychologist, psychiatrist, teacher or love doctor. Take my words with a pinch of salt, yeah?

I am an experienced cook, musician and care worker though, so that's something.

I'd like to see her in a two-part storyline that's significant to the MLP side of things then have her return to the EQG realm and remain there.  That way everyone who wants Sunset to return is satisfied and everyone who hates Equestria Girls isn't too badly put off by it.

No. We need her to make Equestria Girls bearable.

The accuracy. Had it not been for her improvement and headstrong "down to earth" personality she's gotten in the last two movies (some insecure moments too I suppose) I don't think the movies would be bearable for me. They are very good and I admire them a lot, but to be honest....without Sunset, they wouldn't reel many people in

img-35775-1-img-35775-1-img-35775-1-img-

SILVER STREAM'S POETRY DUMP

I am Silver Stream  ||  My Request Shop                                                                         

I really want her to be added, she's got such a awesome voice and design.

Plus, adding Sunset Shimmer to the show will boost up viewer ratings by 30%. So it's a win-win for us and hasbro.

No. First off, I'm not really big on sunset as a character atm. Secondly, Sunset in EQG has, of Friendship games, turned into Twilight 2.0 with a red color scheme and more angst (just go read the time to shine chapter book and you could pretty much have replaced Sunset with twilight and you'd have had virtually zero change to the book since its essentially Winter wrap up: human version). What purpose is she going to serve in the group? We already have a twilight, we don't need another one, it'd be horribly redundant and there'd be no real chemistry.
Hell, one of the few Possible ways to grow and develop AJ is to try and utilize her more as a number 2 in the group (I loved the AJ/mayor comic that touched on AJ's leadership talents), and you bring in sunset and there goes one of AJ's few potential dynamics out the window since she'd be demoted while Sunset acted as number 2.

Next up, for a more personal reason and not just the basic logical reasons for not having her: If you brought in Sunset, you'd need an entire season devoted to her acclimating to her in the group with most probably the premier and two parter revolving around her. I already got that in Friendship games, and I didn't like it: the other 5 get so little time and focus as is that having that crap happen in the Regular pony show would be utterly opposed to everything that I want to see in the show, as I don't want even more screentime and focus taken away from them in two parters, its already a miracle if they get any in finales.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

I'm kind of conflicted on this one. As a character, I like Sunset Shimmer and would like to see her in Equestria sometime. But on the other hand, I don't really want Equestria Girls stuff in the actual show, so I guess I could say that I'd like to see Sunset go to Equestria as part of a future EG movie, but I don't see that happening as that would defeat Hasbro's purpose for creating EG in the first place.

img-35348-1-post-8308-0-40473900-1426345427.png

I don't think she is needed to make the show entertaining and would rather get a new interesting character.

If they can bring her into it without making Equestria Girls canon, then I would be all for it, I love Shimmer. She is such a good character with a decent amount of depth. I don't think they would be able to do that though. As much as I would want them to. There could be a way to do ti without compromising the EQG story but would they do it? Probably not.

EQG is canon, opinions aside, theres already leaked info about the finale which ties to the Friendship Games.