Mane Six EoH better than Celestia using EoH

cider float

The mane 6 are much more powerful than Celestia when they use the elements of harmony, Celestia is just one alicorn and she doesn't represent any of the elements of harmony in the first place.

Edited by Rawzy
  • Brohoof 1

Banishing is apparently a pretty terrible option. Because inevitably it's going to wear out and then you left another generation to deal with the same problem. And if it hasn't gotten weaker, than it's only gotten stronger. Or at least more hateful and vengeful.

But I'd say it's because numbers. Celestia is powerful.... I assume (I don't see her doing much powerful things, honestly). But she's only one pony trying to channel all those elements at once. Its balanced, and probably a great feat in-universe considering how they don't work without all of them in unison. But it probably can't compare to the power of six dedicated conduits like the Mane 6.

I believe nightmare moon was much stronger fighting celestia the first time, and the second time was because celestia was weak doing the work of two. They probably are because it wouldn't be a very good story if they weren't, unless they make the elements of friendship and it own thing and harmony is above it.

The mane six are the representative of the element, and princess Celestia is only a alicorn who knows how to use the element. The magic mane six using is the most powerful magic in Equestria: The magic of harmony. Naturally it will be more powerful than one alicorn's magic.

I suppose so. Either that, or the EOH got stronger after transforming into the Mane 6's cutie marks.

I kind of feel like the EoH attained their true shape when they were paired off with the Mane 6, who represented the elements perfectly.  Celestia was able to use them but wasn't their true owner.  

• Brohoof 1

Obviously. :blink: The Elements of Harmony, when wielded by the mane six, have power because there is one pony with understanding of her element for each element and they are all good friends, and then there's actual harmony(because you need more than one to have harmony, and then wield the Elements of Harmony). Princess Celestia, as an wise pony that also has all of the qualities that the Elements represent, was able to do a good job with them, even though she was alone. Also remember that Princess Celestia could turn Discord into stone permanently(I believe it would have been if nobody had visited him) when she was with Luna, a knowledgeable pony that is Princess Celestia's friend; therefore, that duo could represent the Elements of Harmony much better.

I think that the Elements don't really have anything to do with the normal magical power(like what Tirek stole from everyone, or the thing used in the fight between Princess Celestia and Chrysalis), but they are the way harvest the strongest power in Equestia and use it directly: the magic of friendship, which is something entirely different and much more powerful than normal magic.

You can't just shoot friendship straight out of your horn, you need something like the Elements of Harmony; but only if you have true representations of all Elements you'll be able to wield actual harmony(that's some destructive friendship). The closer the ponies involved are to perfectly represent the Elements, and the stronger the harmony between them; the stronger will be the magic the Elements of Harmony can exteriorize. That's why Princess Celestia had to use the Elements in the best way she could and banish Luna, and wait until it was possible to use the Elements of Harmony in full power.

Edited by IDoNotSpeakEnglish

Everypony would be better than Celestia, thanks to the writers. >:/

I don't even get why Celestia and Luna can't use the elements anymore. She and her sister are fine with each other again.

If the Mane Six use the elements on Discord, would Fluttershy also lose her ability, because she and Discord are very good friends? No, i believe.

Wait, there arent eoh anymore, but yu Know what i mean

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 1

Possibly, seeing how you can't call upon the true magic of friendship alone.

Or banishing someone to the moon takes more energy to due so, or that Celestia was running out of her connection with the EOH once Luna became Nightmare Moon or something like that.

Yes. Celestia says the mane six used the full power of the elements to defeat nightmare moon in Return of harmony, so that, combined with Luna's banishment compared to her being redeemed, heavily implies that the mane six are better at it than she was.

Also, keep in mind celestia was running solo there with the elements, and its possible that her and luna working together exceeded the mane six when they were a team with the elements.

• Brohoof 1