Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Needing OC Name + Cutie Mark Help

Pinkiebow

I felt inspired today, so I drew a pony (and vectorized it) and I really liked how it turned out  :fluttershy: 

I decided to make her an actual character. I only have a basic idea of her personality right now. She's a tsundere archetype, a closet fangirl and gets annoyed easily. She shows her sweet side when talking about things she enjoys. She tries her best at hiding her obsession (not sure what she's going to be obsessed with though), but that usually does not work very well. Hilarity ensues  :lol:  

I have no idea of what her special talent is going to be yet, and i'm pretty terrible at names... so, could you leave some suggestions? :please:

Feel free to critique her design as well if you want to, unlike some people on the internet I take criticism pretty well, so don't be shy and tell me what you think  :smug:

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/unnamed-r9011

Hmmm... Knowing the talent could help with a name. Maybe you could base her name off her personality. The tsundere aspect catches my attention. Sort of the "she's nice once you get to know her". Maybe a name that shows that? Maybe "Bitter Sweet".

I like the design a lot by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not great at names, but I'd love to critique her design! To be honest, there isn't much I'd say to work on! She has a nice color scheme, it doesn't clash and it pleasant to look at! Since her color scheme is so on the safe side, maybe a bit of a more intricate hairstyle might bring her up in complexity? I love the simple look, but the simple colors and the simple look do make her look a tad on the safe side! A cutie mark could totally change how I feel about it though!

As for a special talent, hmm.. Well, she's a pegasus so maybe something that she can benefit more by flying? Like Fluttershy, she doesn't NEED to fly for her special talent, but it helps taking care of animals that fly and what not! So that opens up a range of options, she could be a gardener, and use her wings to control the weather around her gardens for her plants/flowers to grow perfectly! i'm not great with ideas, but i'm sure everypony else on the forums are good at this stuff!

• Brohoof 2

first of all, I really like the design. it's a little monotone, but it feels like an actual background pony you would see in the show.

name ideas:

Orange Peel- goes well with the appearance, plus it has a very slight sweet flavor

Mariposa- from the desert mariposa lily- look it up!

Dusty Wind- goes with color scheme and Pegasus tendency to be named after the weather or air-related things

special talent/character ideas:

botany/floral: she has a flower in her hair, so maybe she's obsessed with flowers- especially ones from dry climates? or perhaps citrus?

sports stats: she knows all the major stats for every sport the pegasi participate in, and will quickly get into debates with fans of opposing teams

nit-picking (observation): she notices all of the minute details, which is why she works as quality control at the weather factory. She is compelled to comment on anything that is not completely correct in her eyes.

task-driving: she is really good at "motivating" people to stay on task, which is why she works as a supervisor on the weather factory assembly line. dealing with the same sorts of problems day in and day out puts her in an irritable mood.

hope this helps :grin2:

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... Knowing the talent could help with a name. Maybe you could base her name off her personality. The tsundere aspect catches my attention. Sort of the "she's nice once you get to know her". Maybe a name that shows that? Maybe "Bitter Sweet".

I like the design a lot by the way.

Nice to know that you liked it! Bitter Sweet is a nice name, but is it overused? I'll take that into consideration  :)

I'm not great at names, but I'd love to critique her design! To be honest, there isn't much I'd say to work on! She has a nice color scheme, it doesn't clash and it pleasant to look at! Since her color scheme is so on the safe side, maybe a bit of a more intricate hairstyle might bring her up in complexity? I love the simple look, but the simple colors and the simple look do make her look a tad on the safe side! A cutie mark could totally change how I feel about it though!

As for a special talent, hmm.. Well, she's a pegasus so maybe something that she can benefit more by flying? Like Fluttershy, she doesn't NEED to fly for her special talent, but it helps taking care of animals that fly and what not! So that opens up a range of options, she could be a gardener, and use her wings to control the weather around her gardens for her plants/flowers to grow perfectly! i'm not great with ideas, but i'm sure everypony else on the forums are good at this stuff!

Thanks a lot for the critique! I like to keep my ponies monotone because i'm never satisfied with the colors I choose and it usually ends looking "generic", so I keep on the safe side~

Honestly I put the flower there to give her a more innocent, cutesy look that most tsundere characters have... she does look like a flower pony though.

I'm thinking about making her wear a ponytail or having a little bride, while keeping her mane style. What do you think?  :twi:

first of all, I really like the design. it's a little monotone, but it feels like an actual background pony you would see in the show.

name ideas:

Orange Peel- goes well with the appearance, plus it has a very slight sweet flavor

Mariposa- from the desert mariposa lily- look it up!

Dusty Wind- goes with color scheme and Pegasus tendency to be named after the weather or air-related things

special talent/character ideas:

botany/floral: she has a flower in her hair, so maybe she's obsessed with flowers- especially ones from dry climates? or perhaps citrus?

sports stats: she knows all the major stats for every sport the pegasi participate in, and will quickly get into debates with fans of opposing teams

nit-picking (observation): she notices all of the minute details, which is why she works as quality control at the weather factory. She is compelled to comment on anything that is not completely correct in her eyes.

task-driving: she is really good at "motivating" people to stay on task, which is why she works as a supervisor on the weather factory assembly line. dealing with the same sorts of problems day in and day out puts her in an irritable mood.

hope this helps :grin2:

Oooh, really liked the observation and task-driving talent ideas! They're unique and fit her character. I'm probably gonna pick one of these. Thanks!  ;)

These were all really helpful. Thanks, everyone! 

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely ADORE ponys with ponytails! I think that'd look really nice on her! Or maybe a fishtail braid swiped to the front? I think that'd look really cute! <3

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely ADORE ponys with ponytails! I think that'd look really nice on her! Or maybe a fishtail braid swiped to the front? I think that'd look really cute! <3

There you go. I think she looks much cuter now :3

vimY8Iy.png

Hmm, I know she looks like a gardener pony, but if you're looking for suggestions other than that, perhaps a talent involving a type of natural music? Like singing bowls, or wind chimes!

By the way, I'm in love with the design you chose for your character :D

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, I know she looks like a gardener pony, but if you're looking for suggestions other than that, perhaps a talent involving a type of natural music? Like singing bowls, or wind chimes!

By the way, I'm in love with the design you chose for your character :D

Daww thanks  :catface:

I think of her to in the more tomboyish side, being a tsundere (acts aggressive at first but shows her sweet side when doing something/being with someone they love) and all that. Maybe she has a thing for flowers and maybe some other "girly" stuff that she tries to hide to keep the tomboy act? 

Honestly I still have little to no idea of what i'm going to do with her talent. I'm trying to think of a job that has to do with observation (besides detective, which doesn't really suit her) because I really like the idea and I'm kinda like that as well, so if you guys have any suggestions, well, you know what to do  :squee:

For talent, since I saw she's on the tomboyish side, I do love the gardening idea but for tomboyish/more feisty personality, maybe do something like karate..... Idk. It kinda reminds me of me when I do that cause I'm all cute and adorable but then if you mess with me I will rip off your head. (Not literally, and I WONT do it to anyone on here. I cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye)

• Brohoof 1

Nice to know that you liked it! Bitter Sweet is a nice name, but is it overused? I'll take that into consideration

Yea, that was more of just an example to get my idea across. It is a little cliche, but you got the idea. 

• Brohoof 1