Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think a showdown with Starswirl is long overdue

ManaMinori

Seriously. The guy's a menace. He's hailed as this great and powerful unicorn, but just look at all the disasters that came about from his time and space spells, AU jumping, villain dumping..."Reflections" arc from the comics, causing merged worlds, heartache for Sunbutt, A good pony being turned evil due to Sunbutt and by extension, Starswirl's creation of time travel, and lenience with its rules, dumping EQG's the sirens over in someone else's AU, with no regard to its inhabitants, or what catastrophe may- and did- occur, his time travel spell that both Twilight and Starlight used to mess with timelines and cause severe damage in the future of events, by doing so....

All of which could've been prevented, if not for Starswirl.

So IF the writers decide to have him show up, just having been in some AU all this time (or secretly being Pinkie Pie), should someone step up and go against him, horn to horn, possibly sending him back to his own past, and ensuring that he never became a great wizard who invented time travel in the first place, and prevent such chaos from occurring through use of his spells and AU mirrors, in the present day?

(Which also mean that EqG never would've happenned, and Sunny remain in Equestria, for Sunny fans)

And while I REALLY hate Twilight stealing the spotlight and taking most the credit for beating down threats, k think RD has had reality checks and pedestals smashed with her idols, the Wonderbolts, and Daring Do. I t would be nice to see the same happen with Twilight's idol, ol beardybutt, and having it be her who deals him damage in ensuring the time travel stuff never exists, to be misused, and threaten worlds and change timelines of events, as it has thus far. (And if it turns out that beardybutt is Pinkie, and Twi still has to go up against her idol/ friend, then so be it)

If Starswirl was Pinkie, that would be the greatest showdown ever. The best princess versus she who breaks reality? Amazing matchup. 

Honestly, I don't blame Starswirl. It wasn't his intention to make his work become used in such horrid ways. Over the many, many years his work has been corrupted. 

With that, I do want to see Starswirl in the show somewhere. Flashback, modern day, he needs to be prominent in appearance somewhere. 

• Brohoof 1

Nah. It is not Starswirl's fault that some of his spells and devices have been used for ill gain, so he does not deserve a beat down for the wrong doings of others.

Starswirl does need to make an appearance sometime during the show or even the MLPFIM is movie at some point, but from most sources he comes across as a good guy.

Nah. It is not Starswirl's fault that some of his spells and devices have been used for ill gain, so he does not deserve a beat down for the wrong doings of others.

Starswirl does need to make an appearance sometime during the show or even the MLPFIM is movie at some point, but from most sources he comes across as a good guy.

it most certainly is. He created them. He was the one usi g them for wong, too, having ben going to AU's for decades, according to "reflections" (Sunbutt, to, and without Beardybutt's permission and chaperone). And only later discovered that worlds WILL merge, and timelines WILL alter because of them traipsing about in AU's they had no right being in, and effing up the future, inadvertently or consciously. Oh, and remind me again, who used an AU spell to dump his world's villains into another dimension?

So yes, indeed, it's his fault

No need to blame the inventor for his works when others have abused for their own selfish purposes, as there were some things that not ever Starwirl could have foreseen.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/142874-i-think-a-showdown-with-starswirl-is-long-overdue/?p=4241405

Also- since he was able to go in the future, come back, mand outright tell the royal Sisters that ther would be troubled times ahead for Equetria (he also saw the pony whose cutie mark was with theirs on the tree) (all according to TJotTS) - I'm quite sure he also saw his spells being misused in the future, since it has happenned far more than once, now, just in th course of Little over a yeah. Could be a common occurencr, other years, too.