private After Destiny

Chaton

Scarlett and Laura started at the same time "Because" before they glared at each other, like there was some exchange going on, before Laura looked away and Scarlett carried on. "We had enough trouble getting enough materials for the air filters. We want them to last as long as possible." Laura then took over.

"They'll last for years more, but Scarlett's worried about air leaking through the damaged areas of the ship."

"You were worried as well! Anyway, yes. We could use suits. I believe on of the exploration teams found a few suits actually."

"Exactly what I'm saying!" Solar chirped, finally smiling as the conversation seemed to be going her way for once, "We can put together a little search team to find any damages and stuff, and then report back to plan how to fix them!"

She raised her chin, allowing herself a little thought that some of her mother's smarts were finally unlocking in her head.

Amber lay splayed out on top of the bed, staring up towards the towering ceiling above her in a state of melancholy. Her breathing had calmed quickly, her chest only rising and falling on occasion. Her thoughts drifted to Solar as they often did and she couldn't help but feel a slight pang of guilt. I made her leave so quickly...is that really how I treat ponies? Is that really how I treat my marefriend? 

The state of calm quickly changed to one of anger. She writhed on the bed, growling and screaming in frustration. Why won't this addiction go away! I HATE IT! I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE IT!

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Flamestreak wiped the remaining tears from his eyes, He smiled at Blue for a while before regaining his composure.

"Hey Flame, What happened to you being a tough, super macho pony who never cries?" 

​"Shut up Diamond, a broken rib and seeing my missing sister after 4 years tends to soften up a pony." Diamond giggled at Flame's defensiveness. Flamestreak got up, the pain had subsided although the injury was still fairly severe. He trotted to Bass, The Pegasus wrapped his arms around her and kissed her fully on the lips.

"And if didn't know this my lovely marefriend Crystal. Although she prefers to be called Bass.."

"How YOU of all ponies get a special somepony and I don't, is beyond me. Did my brother drug you in anyway Bass?"

"I don't think charm is drug, but if it is then yes I did."  Blue rolled her eyes

Edited by The Real 1990

"Yes that is the one. It informed me of the possible dangers of remaining here and gave me my orders. As for your second question, my name is Mel." Mel was going to start struggling to keep his fabricated lie. All it would take is for someone who knows how Gates work to call him out on his lies. Then again, if he was called out, he had his reasons for keeping secrets and would not be held responsible for any panic that ensued.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Mel. I'm Lightning Spark. You can just call me Lightning." He shook Mel's hoof. "Now, I need you to do me a favor. I need you to look for a pony named Cyril. Once you've found him, please come back here with him, okay?" Please say yes. PLEASE just go! He thought.

@,

Crystal was a little embarrassed from the kiss, it was really nice she loved it in fact, afterwards she looked to Diamond, "I don't know how he got me really, he's cute I guess and well he's a good kisser." She looked at Flame. "You need to get Sapphire to fix you hun."

@@Mario3D13,@@Child Of Darkness,

"Your looking for the other pony in amour like mine there Mel, oh and I'm Sapphire." 

• Brohoof 1

Crystal was a little embarrassed from the kiss, it was really nice she loved it in fact, afterwards she looked to Diamond, "I don't know how he got me really, he's cute I guess and well he's a good kisser." She looked at Flame. "You need to get Sapphire to fix you hun."

Diamond gasped in sarcastic shock.

"You have GOT to be kidding right? Man Flame, you must have drugged her A LOT if she thinks you're......cute."

"Nope, no drugging here Diamond, you're just jealous of me and my sexiness."

"Dear Celestia, I think I'm gonna throw up." Flame and Diamond both laughed at there shenanigans, Flame turned back Bass caressing the base of her flank ever so slightly  

"I'm fine, really love. Besides, considering sapphire said she hopes I puncture my lungs, I don't think it's very wise too go back to her for a while."

Edited by The Real 1990
  • Brohoof 1

@,

"Well Diamond you're not going to see it are you I mean he is your brother." She looked back to Flame. "I don't think she meant it, you were being very silly and she was trying to help and you did not want it so she got frustrated I doubt she will really hold it against you." 

• Brohoof 1

"Exactly what I'm saying!" Solar chirped, finally smiling as the conversation seemed to be going her way for once, "We can put together a little search team to find any damages and stuff, and then report back to plan how to fix them!"

She raised her chin, allowing herself a little thought that some of her mother's smarts were finally unlocking in her head.

"True, very true, but that still doesn't fix our power problem. We can go and fix the ship but we're still crash in to a burning inferno and die. But at least the ship will go down without any holes." Scarlett said sarcastically.

"No need to be so sarcastic Scarlett, it's not going to get you anywhere."

"Sorry little sis..."

"True, very true, but that still doesn't fix our power problem. We can go and fix the ship but we're still crash in to a burning inferno and die. But at least the ship will go down without any holes." Scarlett said sarcastically.

"No need to be so sarcastic Scarlett, it's not going to get you anywhere."

"Sorry little sis..."

Solar's smile quickly faded as her idea was, once again, shot down by Scarlett. This time with some sarcasm.

I guess she's wear I got it from.

"Well, I mean," she went on, a bit meeker once again, "We could find some kind of backup engine or something, or at least something to fix the engine here. There's bound to be repair stuff, right?"

It didn't help that she was still worrying about Amber shooing her out. A niggling feeling in the back of her head kept telling her to go back.

• Brohoof 1

"I see you're back here again. You really are pathetic, you know that?"

"Wait, what? Where- I'm b-back? Back where?"

"Once again, you've turned your back on the friends that love you and care for you to satisfy some pathetic need. You know as well as I do what you've done. Did you even think about Solar?!"

"Of course! I always think about her! I'm not s-strong....I'm not strong enough for h-her..."

"You're not even strong enough to stand up on your own four hooves!"

Amber couldn't help but cry as the hooded pony returned to her dreamscape, taunting her and destroying every last fibre of hope she had left. She crawled up into a ball, and closed her eyes. She'd failed again.

"Well, I mean," she went on, a bit meeker once again, "We could find some kind of backup engine or something, or at least something to fix the engine here. There's bound to be repair stuff, right?"

"Solar, the engines are fine. The engines aren't the problem, the power is. We need to think of a way to survive. The ship is going to be destroyed, so we need to evaluate the status of the nearby planets to see if it would be possible to surviveon them. We have the gate and a shuttle."

"Solar, the engines are fine. The engines aren't the problem, the power is. We need to think of a way to survive. The ship is going to be destroyed, so we need to evaluate the status of the nearby planets to see if it would be possible to surviveon them. We have the gate and a shuttle."

Solar just sighed and lowered her head, getting rather tired of having her ideas shot down.

Why am I even trying...?

She turned and went to leave the room. "Look, maybe you two should figure it out. Seems I'm the only idiot of the family."

...besides, I need to see how Amber's doing.

"The gate would have automatically dialled if there was a working gate nearby. The only option we have or survival is the shuttle, but that can only seat 16 people including the pilot due to life support on board as well as supplies and things they'd need for a planet." Scarlett said to all those who were left in the room.

Edited by Ethan Sawyer

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Mel. I'm Lightning Spark. You can just call me Lightning." He shook Mel's hoof. "Now, I need you to do me a favor. I need you to look for a pony named Cyril. Once you've found him, please come back here with him, okay?" Please say yes. PLEASE just go! He thought.

Mel took a moment to contemplate the situation, a few solutions came into his mind about what he could say in response. He think he found one that may keep everyone happy and get his original job done. "All right. I have a look around for this pony. On one condition. You stay here and make sure these people actually get out of this room and somewhere safe, and as quickly as you can too please. Also, I'm not going to just walk in any random direction, whereabouts do you think Cyril might be? It will at least give me a place to start looking?"

"Your looking for the other pony in amour like mine there Mel, oh and I'm Sapphire."
 "Well, nice to meet you to. As you already now know. I'm Mel."
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Mel took a moment to contemplate the situation, a few solutions came into his mind about what he could say in response. He think he found one that may keep everyone happy and get his original job done. "All right. I have a look around for this pony. On one condition. You stay here and make sure these people actually get out of this room and somewhere safe, and as quickly as you can too please. Also, I'm not going to just walk in any random direction, whereabouts do you think Cyril might be? It will at least give me a place to start looking?"

This guy gets more and more suspicious. Why the hell would he be putting that as a condition? And injury via gate?! Gimme a break! He's hiding something. Better stay quiet for now.

@Child Of Darkness and @Mentis Soliloquy,

"You should try the observation deck first. If he isn't there, try Engineering. And he isn't present in either, he'll be roaming around the corridors or in his room. He's had a rough experience. His VI got destroyed. By what, I don't know. Yet. But, like I said, tell him to come back here to the gate room, and you should come back as well. Drag him back here, if you have to. If he asks who sent you, tell him Lightning and Sapphire did. I'd really appreciate it."

(@The Original, better get ready!)

Edited by Mario3D13

Solar just sighed as Scarlett carried on with keeping things together.

Well, I suppose she has more important things to do... I need to see how Amber's doing anyway.

She travelled back to Amber's room, and carefully knocked on the door.

"Amber?" She called, her voice soft, "You awake...?"

@@Mario3D13, "Well I came from the observation deck and no one was in that place but Specter and I. Engineering seems like a very unlikely place for someone to just wonder off to for relaxation. Possibly in one of the bed rooms? Ah, but from what Specter has told me the area we can access is rather big. This may take some time to do. If I even find this person. Starting to seem like a wild chase. Whatever, I'll go and look." Mel took off down one of the hallways of the ship, not knowing exactly which direction he was heading. Hopefully he would bump into the person he was looking for on his trips. He would give it 30 minutes of searching before calling it off. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Mario3D13, "Well I came from the observation deck and no one was in that place but Specter and I. Engineering seems like a very unlikely place for someone to just wonder off to for relaxation. Possibly in one of the bed rooms? Ah, but from what Specter has told me the area we can access is rather big. This may take some time to do. If I even find this person. Starting to seem like a wild chase. Whatever, I'll go and look." Mel took off down one of the hallways of the ship, not knowing exactly which direction he was heading. Hopefully he would bump into the person he was looking for on his trips. He would give it 30 minutes of searching before calling it off. 

"Oh, thank Celestia he's gone!"

@Mentis Soliloquy,

He turned to look at Sapphire. So beautiful... he thought. "Okay dear. After we've got everyone into rooms, we need to talk. Something's fishy about that Mel, and I'm not liking it." He turned to the rest of the ponies. "If I may have your attention? If you've already found a room, please go there now. If you have not chosen a room, or are injured, please talk to me or Sapphire. We will help you as fast as possible." He whispered to Sapphire, "Man, I sound like somepony from customer service, huh?"

@@Mario3D13,

Dear? What is this dear business? Sapphire turned around as Lightning addressed the others she kinda wanted to go to her room too. To take off her armor and maybe sleep since she had almost none since she got on this death trap they called a ship, but she waited for Lightning at least. Maybe I should go see Flame? @ "So what do you want Lightning?"

@@Mario3D13,

Dear? What is this dear business? Sapphire turned around as Lightning addressed the others she kinda wanted to go to her room too. To take off her armor and maybe sleep since she had almost none since she got on this death trap they called a ship, but she waited for Lightning at least. Maybe I should go see Flame? @ "So what do you want Lightning?"

"Well, first, I just wanted to tell you that I'm relieved you're okay. After you magically disappeared, I was...well, to say the least, VERY worried. You're pretty much my only friend on the ship. Everyone else either sees me as a nuisance or a selfish authoritative figure. Flame's nice enough, but he's got Crystal for a marefriend, and I honestly have no one else to look to." Lightning sighed and looked into Sapphire's eyes. "It's one problem after another after another. First, air problems, then, Cyril pretty much started a mutiny, then, near death by star, and now... we have a pony giving us a bogus story about dangerous gates and potential injuries. What are we gonna do?" He buried his face in his hooves.

@@Mario3D13,

And Your the senior officer on board, wow though I was fucked up, She walked over to him and put her forehoof around him. "Look it will be fine eventually I hope. Look I need to see to Flame he's in a mess then I need some sleep you can tag along but I have things I need to do, cheer up there it will be ok."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,

"Well Diamond you're not going to see it are you I mean he is your brother." She looked back to Flame. "I don't think she meant it, you were being very silly and she was trying to help and you did not want it so she got frustrated I doubt she will really hold it against you." 

Flame shrugged then turned to Blue Diamond, She nodded in approval with Crystal. Flame turned back around to Bass, scratching his hair.

"Fine Bass, I will let her check me out but I'm not trotting to her. I'm hurt enough as it is, and its getting hard to stand lt alone walk."

Edited by The Real 1990

@@Mario3D13,

And Your the senior officer on board, wow though I was fucked up, She walked over to him and put her forehoof around him. "Look it will be fine eventually I hope. Look I need to see to Flame he's in a mess then I need some sleep you can tag along but I have things I need to do, cheer up there it will be ok."

"Sure, I'll tag along. Not much else we can do, huh?" He took her hoof into his. "Thank you for, well, putting up with me. If I get through this in one piece, it'll be because of you." What do I do now? Kiss her? Or hold back? WHAT TO DO! Ugh, buck it. Led by impulse, he kissed her. Please don't be mad please don't be mad please don't be mad!

• Brohoof 1

@,@@Mario3D13,

Sapphire did not see that coming...

"Well I'll go get her just don't move this time it's why she got angry at you." Crystal got up and walked to find Sapphire....

Lightning what are you doing?! Sapphire was not hating it but she, was not in the mood and well more was needed before she like Lightning like that... She knew breaking off was gonna be bad for him, but she did. "Lightning...um..."

Crystal walked over. "Um Sapphire can you help Flame now?"

Oh thank Celestia an excuse, she looked at her friend. "Sure no problem." She looked back to Lightning. "Um we can talk later." She got up and both of them left to see Flame

"So are you gonna stay still this time then Flame?"

@,@@Mario3D13,

Sapphire did not see that coming...

"Well I'll go get her just don't move this time it's why she got angry at you." Crystal got up and walked to find Sapphire....

Lightning what are you doing?! Sapphire was not hating it but she, was not in the mood and well more was needed before she like Lightning like that... She knew breaking off was gonna be bad for him, but she did. "Lightning...um..."

Crystal walked over. "Um Sapphire can you help Flame now?"

Oh thank Celestia an excuse, she looked at her friend. "Sure no problem." She looked back to Lightning. "Um we can talk later." She got up and both of them left to see Flame

"So are you gonna stay still this time then Flame?"

@Mentis Soliloquy,

Lightning was hurt. And, try as he might, he couldn't help but reflect some of that hurt in his eyes. "Yeah, okay. Help Flame now. Talk later." Lightning sighed. DAMN YOU!!! You always screw up like this, Lightning. You push too hard, and then you get rejected! Hey, at least she didn't scream and get mad at you. And she said you could talk with her later. Ugh, all right. I just hope I don't screw up again.

He trotted after Sapphire and Crystal. "Hey Flame. What'd you do this time, bro?"