Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kimono in gen 4?

ManaMinori

In G3 there was a purple pony with purpe hair named Kimono, who lived outside of the town of Ponyville, and was regarded by te others as "the wisest pony in all the land", along with being "the keeper of all pony lore". Sadly, the latter was never really explored, since Kimono only starred in 1 episode, where her wisdom took more focus.

But do you guys see G3 Kimono making an appearance in g4? Lorekeeper is a pretty interesting job title, I think. And having Kimono could expand further on Equestrian lore, if the writers kept her as a Lorekeeper.

What comes to mind, for me at least, is the book "Predictions and Prophecies" that Twilight read the NMM tale in, back in episode 1. Could Kimono, if brought to g4, said to have once had the book, it being the only one of its kind, in her Lorekeeper library, until allowing it to be borrowed by Sunbutt to place before Twilight?

Could you see an episode with Sunbutt consulting Kimono on some obscure lore that Sunbutt needs to know, in order to help Twilight defent Equestria from something written in said obscure lore?

How would you incorporate Kimono into gen 4?

• Brohoof 1

Probably not, as it feels like Kimino was recycled to make Twilight's design & her common sensibilities, Zecora's wise outsider vibe and Celetsia's calm, knowing deminor. 

It would be nice to see some more G3 reincarna, though. Perhaps have her be the one who wrote Predictions & Prophecies, or even the former owner/librarian of Golden Oaks. Maybe even have Kathleen O'Barr reprise the role. 

post-18785-0-22421500-1449999893.jpgthumb.png

1103060_1345254141532_full.png

kimono__request____pony_revival__by_russ

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

In G3 there was a purple pony with purpe hair named Kimono, who lived outside of the town of Ponyville, and was regarded by te others as "the wisest pony in all the land", along with being "the keeper of all pony lore". Sadly, the latter was never really explored, since Kimono only starred in 1 episode, where her wisdom took more focus.

But do you guys see G3 Kimono making an appearance in g4? Lorekeeper is a pretty interesting job title, I think. And having Kimono could expand further on Equestrian lore, if the writers kept her as a Lorekeeper.

What comes to mind, for me at least, is the book "Predictions and Prophecies" that Twilight read the NMM tale in, back in episode 1. Could Kimono, if brought to g4, said to have once had the book, it being the only one of its kind, in her Lorekeeper library, until allowing it to be borrowed by Sunbutt to place before Twilight?

Could you see an episode with Sunbutt consulting Kimono on some obscure lore that Sunbutt needs to know, in order to help Twilight defent Equestria from something written in said obscure lore?

How would you incorporate Kimono into gen 4?

Hi, as this discussion has the potential to extend beyond just the show and is about a G3 pony, I think Sugercube Corner is a better fit for it.

When I watched the third generation show as a kid, I always thought Kimono was stunning, even through the shoddy character designs.

She stood out to me, for some reason. It'd nice to see her return as part of the fourth generation series.

• Brohoof 1