Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on gen 3.5?

River wisp

• 2 weeks later...

never been a toy collector, but I sort of associate gen 3.5 animated series with the 'Birthday' eps now (Rainbow Dash's Birthday and Pinkie Pie's Birthday), after watching them recently. The redubbing of Venus Terzo's iconic G3 rainbow dash put me off in the former :( might watch a few more but the comparison with G3 makes watching it less appealing, a bit like with Ponylife compared to FiM. 'Course that's just an impression... and a kinda hope I'm wrong, because I'd love to watch a bit more G3 silliness :P

Edited by North Star

3.5 is one of those weird situations where it's not really clear *when* it happened. There was the 'Core 7' change when they sliced the number of characters down to 7, then there was a toy art-style change when they became 'bobbleheads', then later the animation art style changed to match that but also all the pegasi suddenly gained butterfly wings (which didn't happen for the toys), and then there was the newborn cuties.... thing.

If all of these things happened at the same time, it would be easy, but they happened over a span of years.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a big fan of the design and toys. I haven't even tried to watch the animation, IIRC. I suppose I do prefer the designs over G5,  though. Gotta be honest.