Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Would You Fix Generation 3.5?

Denim&Venöm

In order to fix G3.5, one would have to wipe it clean and start anew. If one attempted to fix everything, error by error, you would essentially have to change everything.

I don't really see any point in this thread though. There are too many errors for one to learn something useful out of it. Perhaps a better question would be to ask how Generation 1 could be fixed, or how Generation 4 could be improved.

Edited by Static Electricity
  • Brohoof 3

Probably improve the animation, don't have some episodes contrived or waste too much time during a song, and adding actual mouth animations. It wouldn't be easy fixing it, have to start from scratch and fix the problems that Generation 3.5 had.

Edited by Scootalove

I'm gonna assume you mean the cartoon and not the toy??

For me the toy line comes before the actual cartoon so any discussion for me would usually revolve around me thinking of the toy.

Hasbro from the get go with g3 cartoons said they were making them for younger children...an I'm assuming g3.5 still followed that same mind set.

At the my little pony collectors convention...during the years g3 was still being produce…collectors asked in the question an answer to hasbro reps why g3 cartoons are the way they are. Hasbros answer was to explain that the g3 cartoons were designed for younger children. They even went on to say that they showed g1 cartoons to parents and apparently the parents they polled thought the g1 cartoons would be to intense for very young children.

Now frankly I personally would like to meet whoever thesparents were back then because they're kids are peobably teens now...but I just don't get how g1 cartoons were all that bad for kids...but I'm assuming when they say younger they're looking at 2-3 year olds.

Anyway, g3 an g3.5 cartoons were made for little kids...not adult collectors or teen/young adult bronies. I personally don't really sweat the g3 stuff...I just let it be what it is an accept that.

One does not simply "fix" gen 3.5. It would require:

-Thinner ponies

-Better voice acting

-More cartoon-looking ponies

-Ponies that have strong characteristics

I remember watching reruns of 3.5 with my older sister when I was just a little kid, and I always complained that it was lame and dull.

Best way to do it is to invest more in animation quality and voice acting, and create six cute, well-written and relatable characters who each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Put them all in a large and complex world, and then name it My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Seriously, though. Some things, IMO, are beyond saving. You'd literally have to fix everything in 3.5. Starting from scratch is pretty much the only option. 

• Brohoof 1

..I wouldn't.

I know people will probably hate me for this because they think it's so horrible, but I loved it as a little girl and I still have no problem with it now. The animation and likewise has a lot of flaws, but everything does, and sure everything has room for improvement, but I personally just think that Gen 3.5 was completely fine.

Hate me all you want! But please don't hurt me

• Brohoof 1

1. Get people that can actually ANIMATE
  2. Develop the characters more
  3. MOUTH ANIMATIONS
  4. Songs that don't take up 1/2 of the whole episode

Screw it, pretty much everything.

A simple patch can't fix Gen 3.5. It'd have to be taken back into development and redone almost completely from scratch. The characters, the art style, voice acting, writing, everything would have to be redone.

• Brohoof 2

Besides burn it to Ashes, and launching those ashes into a black hole?

New voice actors, sharper animation, a complete personality overhaul on every character, more suspense, make the plots worth while, and remix the theme song.

Have. Real. Conflict. Having all this nicey-nicey, "Oh, I don't know how to tie a bow," "Oh, here, let me help you," does not constitute as actual conflict. And stakes. Having conflict and stakes that matter are crucial in making an entertaining story. If there's no conflict, why is there even a story to speak of? And if there are no stakes, why do we care? That's the main reason gen 3/3.5 is stupid, boring, uninteresting, impossible to get invested in and insulting to the intelligence of anyone over the age of 2. Also, not having creepy-ass faces and Popeye legs would probably help as well. And not pandering to some outdated idea of what some corporation thinks little girls want to see (as opposed to what they would actually want to see) would be good too.

Edited by Clover Heart

Well, from what I've seen of g3.5:

1. Tie it to a rope hanging from the ceiling

2. Allow a group of young children to beat it with baseball bats like a pinyata

3. Take it down

4. Get a knife, and give it the painstaking death of 500 cuts

5. Take the remains, and mix it with some play-doh

6. Take the result and hold up the back end

7. Insert fireworks

7. Launch them at the nationalistic holiday of your choice

8. Enjoy the pretty explosions, which are far more entertaining than the show

There is a certain point where something is such a mess that the only way to fix it is to start over again ie reboot which is exactly what happened and here we are today.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...