Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you have fixed Spike's The Last Problem design?

CastletonSnob

Some people have complained about Spike's aged up design in The Last Problem, saying he looks too muscular, or like a stereotypical Chad. How would you have designed him?

Would you have liked his older design better if he were designed like a powerlifter or an NFL offensive lineman: Someone who looks fat, with a big belly, but is actually REALLY muscular?

Here's a picture of a Super Heavyweight powerlifter, for reference.

Weightlifting_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympic

Ideally, my idea of a grown up spike would be making him more slender and dragon-like, something similar to the older dragons depicted back in S1, or making him rounder and, not necessarily tubby, but more stockier, but obviously still recognizable as Spike. I think AleximusPrime has the right idea

Grown up Spike - Chubby Dragon Boi

There was also a picture of the Slender Spike I really liked that someone drew with a depiction of a future Twilight where she aged like everyone else(which I also much prefer over the official one), but I can't  find it

I wouldn't have had a flash-forward episode at all, but I think the above designs are both preferable. In general, I was never much in favor of the anthropomorphic designs of dragons in the show, though.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Props ValRoa said:

@Megas

I never understood why people show spike to be rounded like that. I feel like he's more average.

Spike - Grown Up by HiccupsDoesArt on DeviantArt

Spike generally looks better to me when he's rounder, especially in relation to his G1 appearances. To me it makes him look more jolly and adorable

• Brohoof 1

First of all, I never really liked how Spike grew wings. Being a wingless dragon could be from premature hatching, young Twilight's magic, or if he was just a bad or unwanted/donated egg.
But I took inspiration from this topic to doodle my own version of (young) adult spike :BrightMacContent:
image.thumb.png.1a56a558e19d876313fd5e1c3152afd5.png
The body shape was based off of various existing dragons, specifically the chubbier ones. However, I also based this design off of his [full] adult forms in previous seasons (as seen in s1e23, and s2e10), trying to make this around the mid-point between young spike and adult spike. And of course, I tried to keep his friendliness! I hope that doesn't make him look too much like Barney :please:

• Brohoof 1