Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did You Ever Watch Generation 1, 2, 3, or 3.5?

best poni

On 2020-10-17 at 8:29 PM, HereComesTom said:

I saw a bunch of G-1 episodes on youtube years ago---they've been taken down since :/  I thought it was a pretty decent adventure series with some good worldbuilding---it wasn't quite up to G-4's standards, but I thought it was pretty good. 

Roku and Tubi are free streaming services and both have G1 horses :oh_golly: (except for the movie, tho)

• Brohoof 1

On 4/8/2023 at 9:24 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Roku and Tubi are free streaming services and both have G1 horses :oh_golly: (except for the movie, tho)

I've seen an episode or two of G-1 on Tubi.  I think I should watch more; there stuff I haven't seen from G-1 that I probably should see.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Need to rewatch, but yeah I saw G1 and G2 at times in the 80s and 90s.

They actually reran the first two Gens on the Disney Channel.  Yeah, up to the first couple years in the 2000s they aired plenty of Non-Disney content.

• 2 weeks later...

I watch a good amount of g1 and movies then all of pony tales then all g3 movies and a few episodes then the only one I really didn’t like was newborn cuties but I’m not sure if it was just the one I saw or if there were more. I’ve watched all of g4 and all of g5 so far.

I had a heck of a time finding g1 stuff though. If anyone has a guide or know where to watch it I’d love to know…

23 minutes ago, Twitchy-Tremor said:

I had a heck of a time finding g1 stuff though. If anyone has a guide or know where to watch it I’d love to know…

Yeah, some if not all of it is on Tubi.

And there was a one shot special comic My Little Pony 40th Anniversary.

Has three stories.  One involves some fans of G1 working to save their stable from being sold, one is a G5 story where the Main Five read about Dream Valley and the last one has a girl & her aunt playing with some G1 figures when the power at their place goes out.

And while underwhelming with the original Ponies, there is the crossover mini with FiM, Generations which has been reprinted.

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently started to do something I always thought and said I would never do...I've started watching the early generations. I don't know why but I just decided to do so, and so now I'm currently making my way through generation 1. I've only seen the two specials Rescue at Midnight Castle and Escape from Catrina so far. It's very quaint but entertaining enough. Albeit something I'll probably not want to watch twice. Next up is the 1986 movie.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm about halfway through generation 1 now. It's still watchable but also pretty lame to be frank. There's no way a cartoon this quaint would be made today. I also struggle to keep up with who is who. There are so many ponies and none seem to have any distinguishing personality traits. And they all just seem to come and go. Spike seems to have vanished by this point and the G1 Applejack is only in one episode.

Every time I heard Gusty speak I kept thinking 'where have I heard that voice before?' So I looked up her voice actress and it's Nancy Cartwright who does the voice of Bart Simpson.

By the way...remember those three G1 screenshots that appeared on a TV screen in the 2021 A New Generation movie? If you were wondering where they were from....One of them is taken from the opening titles of the 1986–1987 series and the other two are from the same series in the the episode The Ghost of Paradise Estate Part 1 :winking-izzy:

Edited by Solar Power

My Little Pony Tales is a hidden masterpiece, it's beyond wholesome. 

I love Patch

I love when she tries to give everyone the reality check on who she really is when her friends literally try to pressure her into abandoning her adoptive parents just to be a royal...

Idk if it constitutes as g.2 or g.2.5 or whatever but omg I love it.

g.1 can get pretty dark and it's very enjoyable as well

But I enjoy MLP Tales, it's wholesome and it's got good life lessons in it.

Patch shows us that it's important to maintain good spirits and a sense of humor despite your situation, it's her core, there are many episodes of this I love.