Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NYC Pony Merch/Toy Store?

skysweep

Hello, any NYC bronies?

Im looking for a good toy store to get merch in NYC(touristing around so i wont be here long)

Cos i went to the Toys R Us in Times Square and the place where FAO Schwartz was supposed to be to find then both closed or gone.

Would really appreciate any pointers to good toy stores in Manhattan(pls, not the other boroughs, too far to travel)

Thanks!

Hello, any NYC bronies?

Im looking for a good toy store to get merch in NYC(touristing around so i wont be here long)

Cos i went to the Toys R Us in Times Square and the place where FAO Schwartz was supposed to be to find then both closed or gone.

Would really appreciate any pointers to good toy stores in Manhattan(pls, not the other boroughs, too far to travel)

Thanks!

Yeah, they closed the Times Square Toys R Us right after Christmas.

You said outer borough is a no go, but the Target at Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn, right near Barclay's Center, is really close into Brooklyn and train accessible.

http://www.target.com/sl/Atlantic-Terminal-Target-Store/1849

Also check out the KMart in Astor Place, near Union Square.

Edited by PiratePony

Hmmm...ok.

So the KMart has pony stuff in it? That one near Union Square?

And sorry, Brooklyn is a little too far(i had to get a friend im meeting who lives in Brooklyn to come into Manhattan to meet me) so yeah, my family wont be going out of Manhattan island except to the airport to go home. I can push but it'll be really hard so preferrably in Manhattan.

But thanks, I'll take a look. Any other suggestions?

Hmmm...ok.

So the KMart has pony stuff in it? That one near Union Square?

And sorry, Brooklyn is a little too far(i had to get a friend im meeting who lives in Brooklyn to come into Manhattan to meet me) so yeah, my family wont be going out of Manhattan island except to the airport to go home. I can push but it'll be really hard so preferrably in Manhattan.

But thanks, I'll take a look. Any other suggestions?

Target I know for sure. KMart may have stuff in their toy section. They carry MLP stuff online. 

Alrighty, thanks for the heads up. So is that all of the stores you know? No things like a Hot Topic with pony shirts? Sorry if im being a bother, i appreciate your help.

Alrighty, thanks for the heads up. So is that all of the stores you know? No things like a Hot Topic with pony shirts? Sorry if im being a bother, i appreciate your help.

Closest Hot Topic is at Queens Center Mall. Again, it's a hop skip and a jump on the 7 and then R train. I'm sure pony merch must exist, but outside of major chain stores, I wouldn't know.

If you don't have any pony Build-a-Bears, there is one on 34th street right off the F Train at the Empire State Building. Other than the Toys R Us, which is now gone (last time in there was a week before it closed), I can't think of any place else in Manhattan, since I don't live there. I'm in Brooklyn.

Yeah, they closed the Times Square Toys R Us right after Christmas.

You said outer borough is a no go, but the Target at Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn, right near Barclay's Center, is really close into Brooklyn and train accessible.

http://www.target.com/sl/Atlantic-Terminal-Target-Store/1849

Also check out the KMart in Astor Place, near Union Square.

Whenever I go into that Target, because I live right there, there MLP stock is not very appealing. I feel like it is purposely like that.

If you don't have any pony Build-a-Bears, there is one on 34th street right off the F Train at the Empire State Building. Other than the Toys R Us, which is now gone (last time in there was a week before it closed), I can't think of any place else in Manhattan, since I don't live there. I'm in Brooklyn.

Whenever I go into that Target, because I live right there, there MLP stock is not very appealing. I feel like it is purposely like that.

I rarely go in that one, as I'm on the BK/Queens border and either end up at the Gateway, the Queens Center, or the College Point, which the pony section's pretty nice at the Gateway. 

I went to the Flushing a few days after Christmas (in Skyview, that large shopping center with the BJs, Chuck E Cheese etc.) and it was nearly wiped out...but the probably due to Xmas run. I was very tempted to get that power pony set for my daughter myself. (Yeah that one would have been for me). On a side note, the traffic there is awful and I say avoid at all costs, and it took almost an hour and a half to get out of the parking garage due to some technical issue...and we were lucky. 

Hello, any NYC bronies?

Thanks!

Toy's R Us was closed? weird, when I've visited, it was open even past 11. I even bough Plaskool Minty and Mon Dancer

If you are into comics, there's Midtown Comics close by. South of Time Square. Got plenty of pony comics there 

There are two stores on Fifth Avenue on opposite sides of 35th Street (Cute Toonz and Tee Bar) that prominently display pony plushies among loads of merchandise from other properties.

There is also a Toys R Us at the Manhattan Mall (34th Street - Herald Square).

In addition, I'd suggest Hot Topic, however their locations are quite a bit out of the way (Queens Center is the closest) and they seem to have less pony stuff in stock than they used to.

The truth is, you're better off shopping online. MLP doesn't seem to be as big a draw at retailers as it used to.

Edited by Wind Chaser

Toy's R Us was closed? weird, when I've visited, it was open even past 11. I even bough Plaskool Minty and Mon Dancer

If you are into comics, there's Midtown Comics close by. South of Time Square. Got plenty of pony comics there

No they closed permanently right after Christmas