Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Yeah, I don't see how animated organs are cute

ManaMinori

You know those commercials that highlight some random bodily malfunction, and offers the soulution in a pill, liquid, or whatever? And they usually show some sort of animated character rendition of whatever body part? Am I the only one who doesn't find that cute at all. Disturbing, actually, when I see an animated bundle of intestines clutch at its nonexistent buttox in gesture of having diarrhea.

Animated organs- what are you guys' thoughts on them?

• Brohoof 8

Thoughts: They are creepy and usually ugly.  Might be because such commercials have been around for decades and decades, the struggle to come up with the slightest piece of originality reaps novel suckishness.  This phenomenon can be found everywhere in small pieces.  Or, animating more realistic organs is more expensive/harder in some way for the creators.  Meh, point is, I doubt very many people at all find such animations encouraging to the eye, even the creators can probably figure it's weak/unpleasant, but they have to put out something that demonstrates the product.  We remain stuck with mediocrity and below, in all things, occasionally, forever.

(^ and all that is probably obvious but it was fun to type and came immediately to the mind when asked for thoughts, blah)

You know those commercials that highlight some random bodily malfunction, and offers the soulution in a pill, liquid, or whatever? And they usually show some sort of animated character rendition of whatever body part? Am I the only one who doesn't find that cute at all. Disturbing, actually, when I see an animated bundle of intestines clutch at its nonexistent buttox in gesture of having diarrhea.

Animated organs- what are you guys' thoughts on them?

Yeah...the intestines one is disgusting. Oh look a dancing poop chute. sooo cute.

I have actually not anything like this in recent memory, but then again, I don't much TV much anymore. Are these organs drawn out in a supposed 'cute' style or something different?

Here is the horrible offender. 

Xifaxan-treatments.jpg

• Brohoof 5

Yeah...the intestines one is disgusting. Oh look a dancing poop chute. sooo cute.

Xifaxan-treatments.jpg

Oh....That....thing. Yup, that is definitely creepy. I can agree with this. It just doesn't seem all that appealing. I mean, organs are organs, but that thing just looks....bleh. XD It could at least have a top hat.

• Brohoof 6

I feel the same way about those commercials that advertise a medicine for arthritis or something and show "whimsical" moments while listing hundreds of health risks. :eww:

Oh....That....thing. Yup, that is definitely creepy. I can agree with this. It just doesn't seem all that appealing. I mean, organs are organs, but that thing just looks....bleh. XD It could at least have a top hat.

DEAR CELESTIA, THE HORROR! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 5

Xifaxan-treatments.jpg

Oh god that monstrosity, saw that for the first time the other day watching TV with my family(Don't watch TV unless I am at my parents house) and I couldn't help but think "Who is this appealing to?". I would rather have statistics on medicine than a nasty mascot, I prefer medicine to be professional looking.

• Brohoof 4

That sounds terrible, despite that do you possibly have a link as I am curious?

I can't believe I actually found it! I was Googling all kinds of things like "Woman's bladder tries to drag her to bathroom" before I finally found the name of the drug!

• Brohoof 3

I can't believe I actually found it! I was Googling all kinds of things like "Woman's bladder tries to drag her to bathroom" before I finally found the name of the drug!

Cartoon yellow water bag is cuter than cartoon solid waste autobahn.

and now I have to pee.

• Brohoof 4

That actually sounds like me(Especially when I drink caffeine or alcohol) lol, but the eyes on that thing are just creepy as hell. ^_^ 

• Brohoof 2

That actually sounds like me(Especially when I drink caffeine or alcohol) lol, but the eyes on that thing are just creepy as hell. ^_^

I like the end where she takes her bladder and a friend to a concert in the park.

LOL!

Back on edit. The friend should have brought her intestines along too!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 4

I don't see how using animated charachers to portray these kinds of issues even is supposed to appeal to adults who they're trying to target. Like Commissr Twilight said, just have some professionals go through a list of side effects or benefits from using the product
  • Brohoof 3

I like the end where she takes her bladder and a friend to a concert in the park.

LOL!

Yea, at that point I just give up on understanding what the hell they are trying to achieve with that monster. I get it, and then I am also creeped(And annoyed) out enough to avoid their product.

I don't see how using animated charachers to portray these kinds of issues even is supposed to appeal to adults who they're trying to target. Like Commissr Twilight said, just have some professionals go through a list of side effects or benefits from using the product

Exactly, I like my medicine to be professional, not some corny cartoon  character.

Edited by Commissar Twilight
  • Brohoof 2

LOL!

It's nice that she has a friend that's not grossed out by her sentient urostomy bag. 

• Brohoof 4

sig-4315203.Xifaxan-treatments.jpg

What the fuck is that? Why is this a thing?

Also, in reply to OP, yes, I think that's creepy.

P.S. I originally read the title as "oranges"

• Brohoof 4

What the fuck is that? Why is this a thing?

Also, in reply to OP, yes, I think that's creepy.

P.S. I originally read the title as "oranges"

Haha this has made my day, possibly due to intoxication, but funny nonetheless. It is quite creepy and I have no idea what the marketing department was thinking.

• Brohoof 1

This may well be my new favorite thread!

LOL!

Anyone watch Adventure Time? What about Ricardio, The Heart Guy?

tumblr_nat5a5BDdD1qfk87to1_500.gif

That heart makes me feel like I've been mentally violated. ._. Thank you for that... ;~;

lol :P Animated organs are disgusting and creepy. It just goes to show how seriously out of touch medicine companies are with their target audience, lol. ^_^ But I suppose the upside is that if you end up having bladder issues, you'll remember that commercial with the lady going to a concert with her bladder :lol:

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 2