Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Inquiry about the Community Calendar

Vulcan
Go to solution Solved by Lightwing,

Not entirely sure if this is the right place to put it but I may have recently used the Community calendar to remind myself to buy groceries and of someone's birthday ...-_- 

I thought the calendar was used as a sort of personal reminder for oneself but then after I hit submit , it said something about "requires approval " and now I'm worried that it's actually used as a sort of community wide Calendar thing and that once that date hits everyone who follows the calendar will be notified of my groceries o_o

TLDR; Will events placed in one's calendar be notified  to everyone in the site?

• Brohoof 1

Hey, ! Sorry for the late answer, but I hope that I can clear your doubt.

If your Calendar event got sent to approval, that means that you accidentally set it to Public Viewing, which is the condition to be sent to approval to our Moderation Team. If you wanted to make a personal note by yourself, you should have set it to Private Viewing, where it is only visible for you, but it doesn't require to go through approval. This picture should clarify what I mean:

01CjKil.png

Did this resolved your doubt? If so, please let me know!

Edit: by default, when you make a new Event on the calendar, it will be set to Public Viewing, which may be the issue that cause this on the first place.

• Brohoof 2

Hey, ! Sorry for the late answer, but I hope that I can clear your doubt.

If your Calendar event got sent to approval, that means that you accidentally set it to Public Viewing, which is the condition to be sent to approval to our Moderation Team. If you wanted to make a personal note by yourself, you should have set it to Private Viewing, where it is only visible for you, but it doesn't require to go through approval. This picture should clarify what I mean:

01CjKil.png

Did this resolved your doubt? If so, please let me know!

Edit: by default, when you make a new Event on the calendar, it will be set to Public Viewing, which may be the issue that cause this on the first place.

It has resolved my doubt and thank you! I can only imagine the look on the mod that had to foresee that request.

You may lock this topic now ^ ^

You are welcome! And with that said, I will close this topic, but if you have more doubts or anything, please make another topic, and we will try to give you our best answers. Have a nice day :rarity:

• Brohoof 1