Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Talking about the gross side of the MLP:FiM/MLP:EQG community.

Somber.Dusk-Light

I'm a 15 year old autistic boy in this community, and i'll be so, so honest with all of you, i HATE how over half of this community is grown adults. Like, I was literally raised on "Smile HD", "Cupcakes HD", and those sad mlp slide-shows. And, I know that some of the videos were made by kids who were my age now, but most the the gore-y videos ("Smile HD", "Cupcakes HD") were made by adults. And don't even get me started on the sexualization of the LITERAL PONIES. It's disgusting. So, in conclusion, I kinda hate this community; and I usually tend to distance myself from the MLP community in general. 

Have a nice night, and stay safe.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

I'm sorry you feel that way :( today things are quite a bit sweeter, and this site is very cuddly :3 , but the community was much more edgy back in the day.

When I came across the community back in 2012 I <3'd things like remixes of smile. I have never liked smile HD or much of the NSFW content, although things like Friendship is Witchraft were very enjoyable

but I don't hate those folks who liked ponies in a different way. Teenage guys are gonna teenage and they got a lot out of the ponies, even if they were bringin' the edge.

The only people I have ever hated in the fandom, in fact, are the ones who have done evil things, like bully or groom folk :( but thankfully I have never known any pony fan who has done that personally.

I wonder if I would be angry at older fans of the show if I had been closer to your age though? I think Youtube and the like cause problems for your generation when inappropriate content gets flashed at you as kids. Closest I can come to that is maybe one experience I had as a kid when I accidentally saw a horror movie. Had nightmares for ages after that. There are things that young brains are not meant to process.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

Most bronies around the time FIM became popular were teenagers, so the current majority of the MLP fandom being grown adults is pretty inevitable. 
What's also inevitable are folks finding a sexual interest in the characters and sharing how they think and feel, whether by writing or art. I don't find ponies particularly attractive myself, but I won't bash those who harmlessly do.
Not trying to shoot down your opinions, you have every right to express how you feel as well. Just sharing what's on my mind as I read this :)

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

I don't like gore, so I just don't read/watch it. It's not that difficult to avoid. 

^ This. 

I understand not liking the adult corners of this fandom, but it's not impossible to avoid them. You have to make that choice for yourself.:jazz-hooves-please:

• Brohoof 4

13 hours ago, RDrainbow said:

I understand not liking the adult corners of this fandom, but it's not impossible to avoid them.

Yeah. I have never read Cupcakes for example. I have read about it and I know the basic plot of it, enough to recognize a reference in some fanfic, but I never read the fic itself. 

I read a fic that was similar though - it had the required tags and everything, but the story seemed interesting in the beginning, so I thought it may be somewhat gory, but whatever. It was short and after being interesting for a bit, it ended up with the main characters getting brutally murdered. Still it's on me for reading a fic with dark and gore tags.

• Brohoof 1