Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, I told my mom I was a brony, and I'm going to broNYcon

----------------------

Hay there guys,

So for a while I remained quiet about me being a brony, mainly to mom. It was 2 days ago that I told her what it's about, and my god it was.... awkward.

It started off with me trying to tell her what "show" I was into, I had trouble spitting it out, but eventually I did, I told her I liked to because of the animation and overall quality of the show. I told her that my favorite animator was behind the show and that I have found a community of great people.

Now her main problem is that she lives in a bubble, so to speak, and she certenly never goes on the internet, so she does not know the real extent of it, she interpreted it with, I am fascinated with the animation and im learning something from it...... even though that's not really true, I watch the show for entertainment, but I'll let her believe what she wants, I rather not go to deep into it, it was awkward enough trying to spill the beans as it was. it was easier trying to explain it to a 6 year old for celestia's sake.

I am not going to lie, when telling her, I almost fainted, I stuttered so many times "yea an - an - an - an - an -an -an - and the sh - sh -sh- sh.......... I lost my train of thought". That is how the hole conversation went, so she knows that I am fascinated with this show, again I don't think she knows that I really watch it for entertainment, she thinks I watch it because I want to learn more about animation, and whilst I am learning to be come a animator..... that is not my reason for being in this fandom.

Then came to the next part, I told my mom that there was a convention about 20 minutes from where I live that I wanted to go to.... again she thinks that I am going for "learning experiences' but maybe after the convention she will have a better grasp of the situation, ill explain it to her some day.

In terms of bronycon, I am going, I will be RSVP'ing tomorrow and I plan to record as much as I can,

and share with you guys.

My dad will be taking me both days, I plan to arrive around an hour before it starts each day, I don't know how long it will go on for but all well, let me tell you though, it's gonna be a great way to kick off the summer :D

The last thing I wanted to ask was if any of you guys are going to bronycon? If so PLEASE leave a post below, I would love to see if anypony I know is going to be there.

That is all... BEST WEEK EVER!

-Marco.P

Edited by Marco23p
  • Brohoof 6

words

Congrats on telling your mom. Even though she doesn't really understand, it's still awesome that she's accepting of it and letting you go to BronyCon. Speaking of which, we have a thread for discussing BronyCon, here.

Great! It does take a lot of courage to come out with it! Congrats!

I was one of the lucky ones my mom is really supportive of me and didnt mind. She thought it was funny because she had watched the show from when she was little.

The first episode I saw I was watching with my brother while my mom was in the room. She was like "what are you watching?" And I was like "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" and then my dad walked in and asked the same thing, and I said the same thing

And our family has never been more close than it is right now

OMG Where is it? It's probably somewhere far from where I live...*sad sigh*

BroNYcon

So new york.

At least, thats my guess.

Edited by caesar15

My reaction to your mom not quite understanding why you watch the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Dhz52pmWs

;) LOL, JK dude, congrats, that takes a lot of guts, still not sure if I'll tell my mom this summer, but I definitely plan on telling my sister early in the summer; have fun at BroNYcon!!! Unfortunately, I live in southwestern Michigan, so that's where I'll be for the summer, soaking up some sun near Lake Michigan! Awwww yeah! B)