Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Aftermath (Rp)

Flamestreak1990

@

Foray turned her ear slightly, obviously comfortable in her current position and not wanting to move or get up. "Eh, I didn't see or hear anything strange before the rain started. You can go check if you want, but I wouldn't advise stepping out in a thunderstorm with all that metal -- you'd be a walking lightning rod."

"Hehe, I'll take my chances," Kronos chuckled, "Paladin Hazelnut said it himself, if I claim to be a soldier, I should act like one, and a good soldier never leaves another fellow trooper behind." He zipped up his jacket and turned back to the hatch. "If I dont make it back," Kronos told Foray, "At least tell them I died trying to save someone who I know is out there. Will you do that for me, Foray?" Without waiting for a response, he exited the bunker and started searching. "HEY, LUPIN OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS!! WHERE ARE YOU, DUDE!? LOOK, KID, I KNOW WE'VE BEEN HARD ON YOU, BUT YOU GOTTA UNDERSTAND, WE'RE JUST TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER. WELL, AT LEAST IM TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR EVERYONE HERE. I KNOW YOU'RE OUT HERE!! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, JUST SHOUT!! I'LL LET YOU IN!! CMON, DUDE, YOU'LL FREEZE TO DEATH OUT HERE!!! LUPIN! LUCIFER! LUPI? BUDDY? WHERE ARE YOU!?"

@

"But you don't even know if he's out-" Foray stopped as she turned and saw he was no longer there. "Welp... whopper of a help I am. He should be fine though..."

Grunting annoyedly and getting up, she ran her gaze across the entire room, but didn't see a workbench, or anything that resembled parts for her .44 pistol. All she could do right now was wait until White came back... or disobey his orders and likely get filled with bullet holes. She much preferred the former, although that didn't make it any less boring.

"Hehe, I'll take my chances," Kronos chuckled, "Paladin Hazelnut said it himself, if I claim to be a soldier, I should act like one, and a good soldier never leaves another fellow trooper behind." He zipped up his jacket and turned back to the hatch. "If I dont make it back," Kronos told Foray, "At least tell them I died trying to save someone who I know is out there. Will you do that for me, Foray?" Without waiting for a response, he exited the bunker and started searching. "HEY, LUPIN OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS!! WHERE ARE YOU, DUDE!? LOOK, KID, I KNOW WE'VE BEEN HARD ON YOU, BUT YOU GOTTA UNDERSTAND, WE'RE JUST TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER. WELL, AT LEAST IM TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR EVERYONE HERE. I KNOW YOU'RE OUT HERE!! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, JUST SHOUT!! I'LL LET YOU IN!! CMON, DUDE, YOU'LL FREEZE TO DEATH OUT HERE!!! LUPIN! LUCIFER! LUPI? BUDDY? WHERE ARE YOU!?"

Lupus awoke to feel his PipBuck vibrating on his wrist. "What is Sheila?" The AI then said, 'Sir, the pony from before, Kronos I believe it was, is offering you shelter inside the bunker.' Lupus was surprised, "Why would he do that? I thought he hated me?" 'You'll freeze out here otherwise, trusting him is the wisest course of action.' Sheila replied. "You have a point Sheila," Lupus stuck his sopping wet head over the Rock and said. "Uh, hello?..."

Lupus awoke to feel his PipBuck vibrating on his wrist. "What is Sheila?" The AI then said, 'Sir, the pony from before, Kronos I believe it was, is offering you shelter inside the bunker.' Lupus was surprised, "Why would he do that? I thought he hated me?" 'You'll freeze out here otherwise, trusting him is the wisest course of action.' Sheila replied. "You have a point Sheila," Lupus stuck his sopping wet head over the Rock and said. "Uh, hello?..."

"Hey, kid! Come over here," Kronos shouted out to him, "I know you have no reason to trust me. But the guys in this group have no reason to trust me either. However, after a little bit of a solo trek, I realized how wrong I was about myself. About you. About some other ponies in this group. C'mon, kid. I'm offering you shelter in this bunker with me, even if no one else wants either of us back there. No one should die like this. Not with the kind of potential you have. You're still young. Yoi still have so much to live for. I may be old, but I, too, have much to live for. Just stay here with us. I promise you, I'll take care of you. I cant stand the thought of having you die out here when I couldve saved you. I cant bear to deal with that kind of anguish again. Please kid. If not for my sake but your own, please, come into the bunker while the door's still open." Edited by Kronos

"Hey, kid! Come over here," Kronos shouted out to him, "I know you have no reason to trust me. But the guys in this group have no reason to trust me either. However, after a little bit of a solo trek, I realized how wrong I was about myself. About you. About some other ponies in this group. C'mon, kid. I'm offering you shelter in this bunker with me, even if no one else wants either of us back there. No one should die like this. Not with the kind of potential you have. You're still young. Yoi still have so much to live for. I may be old, but I, too, have much to live for. Just stay here with us. I promise you, I'll take care of you. I cant stand the thought of having you die out here when I couldve saved you. I cant bear to deal with that kind of anguish again. Please kid. If not for my sake but your own, please, come into the bunker while the door's still open."

Lupus was stunned, he didn't think anyone out here cared about him at all. "Gee, thanks, I d-didn't think anyone out here c-cared." Still shivering, Lupus rolled up his camouflage net, stuffed it back inside his saddle bag, and ran towards Kronos. "Thanks, it's f-freezing out here." Lupus said to Kronos, teeth still chattering...

A sweat fell down Hazelnut's brow as he carefully climbed down the steel ladder, ponies weren't exactly the best with ladders, especially ones encased entirely in metal. The ranger's heart almost skipped a beat as the ladder groaned, whether or not it was due to his own weight or due to old age didn't particularly matter to the earth pony, he just wanted to get down to the bottom before the ladder broke and gravity took it upon itself to do it for him. When his metal encased hoof finally touched the ground the ranger let out a sigh of relief. Lets hope we don't have to climb any more Celestia damned ladders, the ranger thought to himself as he made his way deeper into the bunker.

Like any good bunker it was deep in the ground and encased in concrete and reinforced metal. The interior was impressive in the amount of equipment it had. A water talisman, multiple turrets, and an air filter that lasted for as long as it did(probably due to its small size), if Hazelnut was any other ranger he would have tried to secure the facility, luckily the paladin was smarter than to attempt it by himself. The ranger smiled as he took in the familiar metal encased scenery, now if it was only five times bigger and filled with scurrying scribes it would have felt just like home. Hazelnut even garnered the air had the same recycled feel to it as his families' bunker, but the ranger wasn't going to take his helmet off anytime soon in possible enemy territory just to test it out.

Hazelnut passed by the cyborg as he made his way towards his current teammates, must have forgotten something, the ranger thought as he watched the cyborg climb up the ladder. Eventually the ranger walked in on his teammates having a moment of serenity as they situated themselves in the bunker, the pipbuck wielding stallion's lack of presence brought no small amount of caution for the ranger. Overhearing his teams conversation he once again wanted to contribute his two cents. https://mlpforums.com/user/31802-unicorncob/"Sorry to be bearer of bad news but that thunder won't provide as much protection as you might initially believe. The sound of thunder clocks in at about 120 decibels, the sound of a standard firearm is 140 decibels. Trust me, their guns will drown out any thunder we might get(especially anti-machine rifles). Also the rain will be a problem for everypony on the battlefield, not only does it hinder our vision it's also pouring down a constant stream of magical radiation that frankly, stings like a bitch. So unless your in power armor or have a hazmat suit your going to have a bad time. The only benefit we're going to have is the wind possibly messing up their bullet trajectory, but if any sniper is worth their salt it aint gonna impend them too much." The ranger stated as he eyed Foray's 44 magnum revolver.

Edited by Ranger22

Lupus was stunned, he didn't think anyone out here cared about him at all. "Gee, thanks, I d-didn't think anyone out here c-cared." Still shivering, Lupus rolled up his camouflage net, stuffed it back inside his saddle bag, and ran towards Kronos. "Thanks, it's f-freezing out here." Lupus said to Kronos, teeth still chattering...

"C'mon, you little rascal," Kronos told Lupus as he tried helping him up, "We gotta get inside the bunker as s-soon as po-possible. L-looks like a ra-radiation storm's a br-brewin'. Let's haul our asses outta h-here." He carried Lupus towards the bunker and closed it. "H-hey, k-kid, h-how'd you fi-find this bu-bunker in the f-first place? Ugh--" Kronos collapsed before he made it to the ladder. He felt cold to the touch. He was nearly frozen to death. Damn it, he thought to himself, so, this is how I go? I die just as I save an ally or even a possible friend. "L-Lupus," Kronos told Lupus with labored breathing, "T-tell ev-everyone I-I'm so-sorry." Kroonos' body went limp. His eyes dropped slowly. "Mom, Dad," he weakly said, "I'm coming home."

As he lay on the ground, his amulet beeped and alerted: "Alert!! Body Temperature Dangerously Low. Find Heat Source Immediately."

Edited by Kronos

"C'mon, you little rascal," Kronos told Lupus as he tried helping him up, "We gotta get inside the bunker as s-soon as po-possible. L-looks like a ra-radiation storm's a br-brewin'. Let's haul our asses outta h-here." He carried Lupus towards the bunker and closed it. "H-hey, k-kid, h-how'd you fi-find this bu-bunker in the f-first place? Ugh--" Kronos collapsed before he made it to the ladder. He felt cold to the touch. He was nearly frozen to death. Damn it, he thought to himself, so, this is how I go? I die just as I save an ally or even a possible friend. "L-Lupus," Kronos told Lupus with labored breathing, "T-tell ev-everyone I-I'm so-sorry." Kroonos' body went limp. His eyes dropped slowly. "Mom, Dad," he weakly said, "I'm coming home."

As he lay on the ground, his amulet beeped and alerted: "Alert!! Body Temperature Dangerously Low. Find Heat Source Immediately."

"No! Celestia damnit! You just saved my life, I'm not letting you die on me! Someone! Get over here and help me get this guy out of his power armor! And get something to warm him up!" He tried taking some of the power armor off himself but only managed to get the helmet off. "Stay with me buddy, please. SOMEONE HURRY UP AND GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!"

@@,

Foray was the first to hear Lupus' call for help. Brushing aside her initial shock at hearing his voice -- she didn't actually expect Kronos to find him -- she leaped to her hooves and charged out the main corridor, scaling the ladder as quickly as she could.

"What happened?!" she shouted as she was climbing up.

@@,

Foray was the first to hear Lupus' call for help. Brushing aside her initial shock at hearing his voice -- she didn't actually expect Kronos to find him -- she leaped to her hooves and charged out the main corridor, scaling the ladder as quickly as she could.

"What happened?!" she shouted as she was climbing up.

There was genuine distress in Lupus' voice as he said, "He, he saved me, and now he's almost dead! His amulet thing said that his body temperature is critically low and to get him to a heat source immediately. But in order to do that, we need to get this power armor off of him first. Could you help me out here?

@

"Just focus on getting the power armor off him!" Foray shouted, reaching the top of the ladder and crouching down over Kronos. After observing him for just a moment, she closed her eyes and gritted her teeth as her horn began to glow, producing a fireball that grew slowly and hovered just a few inches away from the fallen pony.

With the countless lines of code written to reprogram the turrets to not fire on the ponies within the group, White was done with the programming and the turrets would no longer fire on the ponies he knew. Taking a long stretch in his chair in front of the terminal, EDEN approached him, the screen flickering to life, showing a very familiar and welcome face. Accompanied by that voice he could never forget.

Blooddrop: "Hey White. Whisper your sweet nothings to me would ya?"

White: "Hey B. I'm not going to do that. The words don't have the same effect without physical contact. I don't want to leave you with a bad impression. Besides, the fake voice and lack of face will make it weird. "

Blooddrop: "Come on, take the mask off for me please?"

White: "Not a chance. I'm not taking the risk. With the security system seeing them as friendlies I don't have much room for privacy now."

Blooddrop: "Aww, such a shame. But I understand much to my dismay. How are things progressing? Plan is going well?"

White: "We've had a set back. A BOS Star Paladin has wondered into our little group. The more I learn about them, the more dangerous they seem. Their 'leader' is Crackshot. I think a few of our people would know that name. We know it very well. He's dangerous. The plan for the Snipers is still going as planned, equip the prisoners with standard .308 snipers, the volunteers give them .50. Hide them well, make them as invisible as possible. With the storm moving in, it may be dangerous to move about in the mountains. I'm going to do everything I can to keep them here until morning. Give you more time to prepare. Send an envoy to the Brotherhood and inform them about the dangerous of sending Paladin's or knights our way. We don't want to have hostilities with them, but if they constantly send people our way, we will defend our home with force."

Blooddrop: "Will do. I'll let you get back to it. I don't want to put you in danger. I'll see you once you're back home."

White: "Bye babe." White disconnected the call, stood up and walked back to the main room. "Alright everyone. The turrets have been configured and you're free to roam about. Where is Foray? And has Lord shit head himself turned up yet?"

@,

"Just focus on getting the power armor off him!" Foray shouted, reaching the top of the ladder and crouching down over Kronos. After observing him for just a moment, she closed her eyes and gritted her teeth as her horn began to glow, producing a fireball that grew slowly and hovered just a few inches away from the fallen pony.

Lupus was practically ripping the armor off of Kronos, though at least most of the pieces seemed intact after they were brutally removed. "Come on Kronos, stay with me." Said Lupus as he removed the last of the armor. He then picked him up with his magic and said to Foray, "Let's get him inside and out of the rain." Kronos was rather heavy and hard to hold up but he made it down the ladder. Lupus then set Kronos down on the sofa in the middle of the room and tried his best to warm him up as Foray reached the bottom of the ladder... Edited by DamienBolt8592

Lupus was practically ripping the armor off of Kronos, though at least most of the pieces seemed intact after they were brutally removed. "Come on Kronos, stay with me." Said Lupus as he removed the last of the armor. He then picked him up with his magic and said to Foray, "Let's get him inside and out of the rain." Kronos was rather heavy and hard to hold up but he made it down the ladder. Lupus then set Kronos down on the sofa in the middle of the room and tried his best to warm him up as Foray reached the bottom of the ladder...

Seeing the new pony he had never seen before waltz into his home without a single regard for who owns it, not giving a single concern for the security of this place and the realisation that this now means the secret has been revealed. Going from a standstill to a near sprint in a flash, closing the distance and hitting SATS targeting. Locking on to the new ponies head, White threw a critical punch, the assisted targeting combined with his Cybernetic hoof, if It didn't knock him out cold, it would surely severely daze him. "Who the fuck are you and what are you doing in my home!?"

Seeing the new pony he had never seen before waltz into his home without a single regard for who owns it, not giving a single concern for the security of this place and the realisation that this now means the secret has been revealed. Going from a standstill to a near sprint in a flash, closing the distance and hitting SATS targeting. Locking on to the new ponies head, White threw a critical punch, the assisted targeting combined with his Cybernetic hoof, if It didn't knock him out cold, it would surely severely daze him. "Who the fuck are you and what are you doing in my home!?"

After being hit, Lupus saw stars. He was rather dazed and lying on the floor trying to get back up, but his wet hooves slipped out from underneath him. After partially regaining his senses he responded to White's question. "I'm sorry, I just got let in by that pony over there," he points at Kronos. "I didn't know this place was yours." He then wiped some of the blood of of his lip with his hoof. "Just please don't punch me again."

After being hit, Lupus saw stars. He was rather dazed and lying on the floor trying to get back up, but his wet hooves slipped out from underneath him. After partially regaining his senses he responded to White's question. "I'm sorry, I just got let in by that pony over there," he points at Kronos. "I didn't know this place was yours." He then wiped some of the blood of of his lip with his hoof. "Just please don't punch me again."

"Don't punch you? Don't punch you? Kid, you'd be lucky if I did something as mild and kind as punching you. You being here means that the security of this place is in danger. I've kept this a secret of more than 10 years, if I let you go now, that just means that the risk of you telling people about this place is very real. I a should take you outside, chain you up and watch as the rain slowly dissolves your body and melts you down into a puddle of goo. But for now" White tapped his pipbuck and the entrance to the bunker closed shut and locked on its mags. Security lock down level of security. Impossible to hack. "Now, you're stuck in this room. You can't go back because it's locked, you can't leave the room because the security will fill you with bullets. You stay right where I can see you." Turning away from the new pony who is now officially a prisoner. He walked over to Kronos as he lay on the couch, White took his pistol out and started pushing it against his head. "Oh what will I do with you?"

Kronos' amulet beeped and alerted: "Body temperature at minimal level. Emergency shutdown procedures lifted. Rebooting Unit 666-Omega, Codename: Death."

After a few moments, Kronos regained minimal consiousness.

"Ugh," he moaned, "I think I have a migra--OW!! What the--?" He saw the gun pointed at his head. He saw that everyone else was looking at him as well. He turned towards Lupus and said "Hey, kid. How are you? Warm yet?" He then turned towards the pony with the gun at his head, "Uhh, what'd I miss? Where am I? And good god why the hell am I cold as a yak's asshole!?"

Edited by Kronos

Kronos' amulet beeped and alerted: "Body temperature at minimal level. Emergency shutdown procedures lifted. Rebooting Unit 666-Omega, Codename: Death."

"Ugh," he moaned, "I think I have a migra--OW!! What the--?" He saw the gun pointed at his head. He saw that everyone else was looking at him as well. He turned towards Lupus and said "Hey, kid. How are you? Warm yet?" He then turned towards the pony with the gun at his head, "Uhh, what'd I miss? Where am I? And good god why the hell am I cold as a yak's asshole!?"

"You. Don't. Ask. Questions. The condition you are in are irrelevant. Let's take a quick look back at what you have done and the very reason I am holding a gun to your head, itching to pull this trigger and end your pathetic existence. You brought someone into my home. Without my permission. I explained many times how this place is a secret. You bring in him here has broken the secrecy I have spent 10 years protecting. That alone is enough of a reason for me to kill both of you. Give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't kill both you and this kid." Edited by Child Of Darkness

"Don't punch you? Don't punch you? Kid, you'd be lucky if I did something as mild and kind as punching you. You being here means that the security of this place is in danger. I've kept this a secret of more than 10 years, if I let you go now, that just means that the risk of you telling people about this place is very real. I a should take you outside, chain you up and watch as the rain slowly dissolves your body and melts you down into a puddle of goo. But for now" White tapped his pipbuck and the entrance to the bunker closed shut and locked on its mags. Security lock down level of security. Impossible to hack. "Now, you're stuck in this room. You can't go back because it's locked, you can't leave the room because the security will fill you with bullets. You stay right where I can see you." Turning away from the new pony who is now officially a prisoner. He walked over to Kronos as he lay on the couch, White took his pistol out and started pushing it against his head. "Oh what will I do with you?"

There were many thoughts going through Lupus' head at the time, but the most recurring was, 'Can I go two seconds without somepony holding me at gunpoint?' Then he responded to Kronos, "Eh, I've been better, but at least I'm not freezing anymore. This actually could be worse right now. But thank Celestia it isn't. But hey! Better a prisoner than dead, am I right?"

"You. Don't. Ask. Questions. The condition you are in are irrelevant. Let's take a quick look back at what you have done and the very reason I am holding a gun to your head, itching to pull this trigger and end your pathetic existence. You brought someone into my home. Without my permission. I explained many times how this place is a secret. You bring in him here has broken the secrecy I have spent 10 years protecting. That alone is enough of a reason for me to kill both of you. Give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't kill both you and this kid."

"You want a reason? How's this for a reason: I'm trying to help others. At least I'm trying to help as many ponies as I meet. I helped Foray with her jacket and I helped Lupus by taking him in here. In Lupus' case, I risked my godforsaken LIFE to save him. Tell me, when was the last time you put your life on the line for someone you dont know, huh?" Kronos replied angrily before turning towards Hazelnut, "You said that you dont see the qualaties of a soldier in me. Well, what do you think of me now? Am I still a mistake freak of nature that should be purged? Might as well be, right? I mean, come on, what's the point of risking your own life if it's only to save one or two ponies? You know what, do what you want with me. I dont care anymore. If you choose to kill me, let Foray do it, please." Edited by Kronos

"You want a reason? How's this for a reason: I'm trying to help others. At least I'm trying to help as many ponies as I meet. I helped Foray with her jacket and I helped Lupus by taking him in here. In Lupus' case, I risked my godforsaken LIFE to save him. Tell me, when was the last time you put your life on the line for someone you dont know, huh?"

"Well here's a little story for you. Last time I tried to help someone out who I didn't know, I lost everything. Everything. I learned the hard way that the only one you can trust, is those who have clear motives. People you can read like books. So I don't help people I don't know. Too dangerous. Too risky. You're just a misguided fool. Shooting you right now would be a mercy." He took the gun away from his head. "You're unstable. You're a risk. You really are on your last chance now. Piss me off again and you won't even know you're dead. And I will be the one to end you. You don't get a choice in it."

Edited by Child Of Darkness

@@Child Of Darkness@@

Having descended the ladder with Lupus, Foray managed to keep her mouth shut during the entire argument, deciding it better to see how things turned out, although she had her pistol readied the instant White pulled the gun. Noting how quickly the situation had escalated, she simply resigned herself to a darker corner of the room, hoping that she would go unnoticed, at least for the time being.

Better a prisoner than dead, am I right?"

"Oh, trust me. I can make you regret saying that. I may very well follow that up." White stood down, now not showing much hostilities to either of the two. "Just remember what I said kid. you stay in this room, I don't really want my turrets wasting ammo and I'm not in the mood for cleaning up blood stains." @, "As for you Kronos, you're getting the same treatment. You can stay in this room and only this room. I'll edit the turret coding once again and remove you off of my systems. You go out of this room and the security systems will tear you apart. Again, I don't want to waste time cleaning. I need some time to decide what exactly it is I'm going to do with the two of you." White left the room and went back to the control room from which he coded the turrets, to rewrite and delete some lines to remove Kronos from the friendly targeting system, registering him once again as a hostile to be shot on sight.

Edited by Child Of Darkness

"Oh, trust me. I can make you regret saying that. I may very well follow that up." White stood down, now not showing much hostilities to either of the two. "Just remember what I said kid. you stay in this room, I don't really want my turrets wasting ammo and I'm not in the mood for cleaning up blood stains." @, "As for you Kronos, you're getting the same treatment. You can stay in this room and only this room. I'll edit the turret coding once again and remove you off of my systems. You go out of this room and the security systems will tear you apart. Again, I don't want to waste time cleaning. I need some time to decide what exactly it is I'm going to do with the two of you."

Lupus watched White leave the room and then said, "*Sigh* It seems my generally bad luck has struck again. But at least I've still got Sheila!" The AI then said, 'And I've still got you sir.' Lupus then pulled his AR out of his saddle bag, pulled out the magazine, and set it down to let it dry. "Dang, I wish my saddle bag was waterproof, then I wouldn't have to worry about ruining this thing." He then pulled his headphones out of the bag, put them on, and started tapping his PipBuck. "Still have all of my music on this thing, took it from the storage on my MP3 player and loaded it on this." He then pushed play and sat on the sofa with Kronos, his mind lost in the music.

(OOC: he can do this because as I said earlier, he modified the PipBuck.)

"Oh, trust me. I can make you regret saying that. I may very well follow that up." White stood down, now not showing much hostilities to either of the two. "Just remember what I said kid. you stay in this room, I don't really want my turrets wasting ammo and I'm not in the mood for cleaning up blood stains." @, "As for you Kronos, you're getting the same treatment. You can stay in this room and only this room. I'll edit the turret coding once again and remove you off of my systems. You go out of this room and the security systems will tear you apart. Again, I don't want to waste time cleaning. I need some time to decide what exactly it is I'm going to do with the two of you." White left the room and went back to the control room from which he coded the turrets, to rewrite and delete some lines to remove Kronos from the friendly targeting system, registering him once again as a hostile to be shot on sight.

I followed White to their control room, and simply stopped outside the door. I leant against the wall and began talking, mainly out or boredom. "You know, there is definitely an easier way to do that. Why don't you just add a mental element to the security system. Use your own mind as a whitelist." Or maybe they don't have that kind of tech. Shit.