Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EqG in a different style?

ManaMinori

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehehehe....Looking at it, I am not sure. I feel like it would still manage to lose the charm of the original style in the show, even if the characters themselves would still look okay. The expressions would not be as vibrant on any characters and in the end, it would end up looking more generic. Maybe the animators could make something special happen with it though. 

I prefer 2D, but nice to see that I am not the only one who thought of MLP when they have seen Star Darlings. xD

Edited by Fluidty

I prefer 2D, but nice to see that I am not the first one who thought of MLP when I was seeing Star Darlings. xD

I only recenly discovered Star Darling. Boy, did I fall hard. XD dying for official crossover so Clover x Vinyl / Scarlet x Sunset Shimmer can happen

Nothing wrong with 2D. I like it for mlp, but comparing awesome scenes like TwiRek battle, or SunsetSciTwi battle just kinda pales to the level of detail in 3d that SD pulls off.

Yeah, 3D won't do it for me, there are plenty of better styles EQG would benefit from, plus I'm fine with the current look, I actually like the EQG style

No. I like 3D ponies, but 3D humans seem too unrealistic and over-the-top. I honestly think 2D humans are a bit closer to real life, and the 3D ones just seem like dolls.

I like the current style the way it is, though I wish they'd stop giving so many girls those defined lips/lipstick, which I think makes girls look uglier. I generally see makeup as superficially hiding natural beauty.

I don't think they should change to this style.  I think the character designs wouldn't translate very well into 3d(or semi-3d).  But now I'm just interested in this Star Darlings thing. I'm gonna go delve into the youtube black hole to see more.

I don't think they should change to this style.  I think the character designs wouldn't translate very well into 3d(or semi-3d).  But now I'm just interested in this Star Darlings thing. I'm gonna go delve into the youtube black hole to see more.

what makes you think they wouldn't translate well to 3d? I think there's so much more potential for detail, if they were. Look at the quality and detail on fur, hair, backgrounds, facial expressions in Disney Fairies, Monsters Inc., Star Darlings. EqG style pales in comparison.

Hope you enjoy SD. :)