Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web LeafyIsHere makes fun of 'actually' autistic man

ARagY

The key words. Most people consider satire as something that makes a point, not making fun of someone for the sake of making fun of someone.

It seems no one understands English anymore the word particularity means "to a higher degree than is usual or average." meaning not all the time.

Leafy fan here.

I don't have the mental capacity nor the motivation to type out a long drawn out arguement defending him so I'll make things simple.

Yes it has crossed my mind that he's bullying.

His fanbase is mostly cancer

Nevertheless, I still find his videos funny as heck. I usually listen to his stuff in the background while doing something else.

Hiiiissssss

Leafy is the new clickbait king, it's a product of having to make a video every day and needing something to capitalize on. 

Although, all this talk about how "awful" he is and whatever else nonsense, is pure bandwagon. He's already pulled the video down and will address it soon.

No, it isn't. Consider the following:

When people watch a movie and something pops up on the screen, they get surprised. They don't sit there and think to themselves, "Huh, I guess this is the appropriate time to act surprised". Your body is reacting to external stimuli. Being offended works along the same principle. People don't decide to get offended, their minds elicit an emotion response based on something that they encountered. 

People have a choice on how they are going to react to what offends them. It's called having a spine, one thing many on the internet seem to not have.

• Brohoof 3

Leafy is the new clickbait king, it's a product of having to make a video every day and needing something to capitalize on. 

Although, all this talk about how "awful" he is and whatever else nonsense, is pure bandwagon. He's already pulled the video down and will address it soon.

People have a choice on how they are going to react to what offends them. It's called having a spine, one thing many on the internet seem to not have.

Some might say that doing nothing and letting people walk all over you constitutes, "not having a spine".  Context is key. 

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 3

Some might say that doing nothing and letting people walk all over you constitutes, "not having a spine".  Context is key. 

Considering this guy has been in about 70-80% of the cringe compilations I've watched on Youtube or the Cringe Channel, not to mention the Tosh.0 featuring this kid too, I'd say it's about 80-90% the internet blowing this out of proportion. 

In this context, it's someone with extremely soft skin to go along with their invertebrate genes.

• Brohoof 4

I had no idea this individual had autism when I saw the leafy vid honestly most of his fanbase is cancer sure I watch him but I dont go to these channels to mess with the people. I'm so sorry for this man I've seen what the reptillian army does and I hope this man makes it through.

• Brohoof 1

I love leafy, and I always will, this little mishap won't make me think any less of him. He didn't even know that the guy was autistic or not.

• Brohoof 2

I don't understand people...

Look I'm not exactly the politically correct type, right? But thinking it's wrong to actively make fun of someone with a legitimate disability does not make you a SJW or anything like that. Even if he wasn't just taking cheap shots at everyone, Leafy's content would still suck imo. He's just going on and on about things that I don't need an explanation for. "Isn't this person like...really awful? I mean, aren't they like really, really awful?" - for several minutes.

I just can't get behind any of these outrage channels that just go on and on about stuff that really doesn't matter in the slightest.

I love leafy, and I always will, this little mishap won't make me think any less of him. He didn't even know that the guy was autistic or not.

He should at least address the situation if he hasn't already.

Edited by Aedaz
  • Brohoof 3

I actually really enjoy leafy's work, people need to get a thicker skin on the internet and stop with the SJW BS. I highly doubt that he would go out in real life and do this sort of thing. Also this is not leafy himself that has done this, just the kids in his fandom, the people who post all the ''HISSSSSS'' garbage. Also what defines a ''Vulnerable person''? that varies in everyone opinions.

I hate SJW's with a passion and have actively spoken out against them and other cultural authoritarians and their bullying without hesitation or apology, but this is also bullying and is also not cool. What I find most disturbing is not this douchebag but all the people making excuses for him, this guy goes after children and in at least one cases and likely others a man with Autism. I still remember what it was like to be a kid and honestly everyone has done some stupid and cringey stuff when they were kids but I don't think that should define someones life. And I also know what it is like to have Autism and it is difficult enough without THIS, the poor guy said he is getting death threats.

• Brohoof 2

nobody needs to get a thicker skin

everybody has a right to be offended

just because something doesn't offend you doesn't mean it can't offend someone else

there is no argumentative basis for "SJWs did it!" whatsoever, people like you are the reason the term SJW has completely lost its meaning

And people like you are the reason the word "offended" has completely lost its meaning.

It's one thing to have a base reaction to something, but expecting the world to revolve around that reaction makes you spoiled and entitled. At that point, you need to grow a thicker skin, and stop whining about every fucking thing that offends you.

I'm not going to defend the death threats that this guy received. I honestly think that death threats are a horrible phenomenon and that the people who give them are scum. But when you put yourself out there on the internet, you have at least given everybody a license to make fun of you. I don't even find Leafy's videos that funny, but he has every right to continue making them, even if his fanbase tends to act like a bunch of cocks.

But when you put yourself out there on the internet, you have at least given everybody a license to make fun of you. I don't even find Leafy's videos that funny, but he has every right to continue making them, even if his fanbase tends to act like a bunch of cocks.

True, legally speaking he does have a right to make these videos but that dosen't change the fact that they are completely reprehensible. This is a classic case of just because you can doesn't mean you should, people don't have a right to not be offended that is completely true but going after vulnerable people is still a huge dick move.

• Brohoof 2

True, legally speaking he does have a right to make these videos but that dosen't change the fact that they are completely reprehensible. This is a classic case of just because you can doesn't mean you should, people don't have a right to not be offended that is completely true but going after vulnerable people is still a huge dick move.

As was pointed out by Octave Fox:

Considering this guy has been in about 70-80% of the cringe compilations I've watched on Youtube or the Cringe Channel, not to mention the Tosh.0 featuring this kid too, I'd say it's about 80-90% the internet blowing this out of proportion. 

If you've never watched Tosh.0 before, it's pretty damn mean. Leafy is far from the first person to take a shot at this guy, so the fact that he's the only one getting blowback suggests that there's something else going on.

If you've never watched Tosh.0 before, it's pretty damn mean. Leafy is far from the first person to take a shot at this guy, so the fact that he's the only one getting blowback suggests that there's something else going on.

Lets be honest people take internet trolls too serious. Like you said Tosh.0 does this stuff or comedy central roast. Hell most comedy is mean spirited, I just don't understand why Leafy is getting the hate. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

But when you put yourself out there on the internet, you have at least given everybody a license to make fun of you. 

Did it ever reach across your or anyone else's minds that, given the fact that this man is autistic, it is entirely within the realms of reality that he does not understand this?

Edited by ARagY

Did it ever reach across your or anyone else's minds that, given the fact that this man is autistic, it is entirely within the realms of reality that he does not understand this?

Yes, that is one of the things that really pisses me off about this. As someone on the Autism spectrum myself it took me a very long time to learn that and many other lessons that come naturally to most people due to the social part of my brain being impaired. I have done many things over the years that would be regarded as rude and cringe worthy because of this without even intending to do anything wrong and the same may be the case for Tommy. The answer to someone on the autism spectrum doing something like that isn't to publicly humiliate them but to calmly and rationally explain to them what they did and why it is seen as cringe worthy. 

Edited by Shanks
  • Brohoof 3

Once again, Leafy wasn't the first to make fun of him. Tosh.0 went after the same guy, and from what I heard, the guy was actually flattered.

It's immature because you pull a nonsensical logic path out of thin air. If you want to restart the discussion, critique me in an intelligent manner. 

If I must, your Majesty, Grand Duchy of all of Westeros.

Once again, Leafy wasn't the first to make fun of him. Tosh.0 went after the same guy, and from what I heard, the guy was actually flattered.

Point 1. He wasn't the first to make fun of him. 

Well it's not right no matter HOW MANY make fun of him. It's not right NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE OWN SLAVES. Simple logic path. Simple comparison. "Elementary, my dear Watson" 

Point 2. Tosh.0 went after the same guy

I will go back to point 1. Doesn't matter who says it. It doesn't matter if your favourite celebrity does, or Obama does, or Merkel does,  or Lucipher does. It doesn't matter. Seriously..

Point 3. " and from what I heard, the guy was actually flattered" 

Maybe I understood this wrong. But anyway, from what you heard. My response is that I heard that Lukashchenko loves his human-rights violating title. I heard it. Is that true? Is it true because I heard it?

What about this is not logical

@@ARagY,

It never ceases to make me laugh when people compare such trivial situations to hitler and other catastrophic events, my god.  

Right then, well it doesn't matter how many people steal from your wallet. The act itself is still not nice

Why do people need to grow thicker skin? Why is it that the people who are being bullied are seen as the ones with the problem, not the bullies? Maybe that's why there are so many bullies! Maybe it's because It's 100% OK to bully! Maybe I should be a bully! It would be much better! People would actually like me. 

Point 3. " and from what I heard, the guy was actually flattered"  Maybe I understood this wrong. But anyway, from what you heard. My response is that I heard that Lukashchenko loves his human-rights violating title. I heard it. Is that true? Is it true because I heard it?

I'm going to address this first.

Here is Tommy's Youtube channel. In the banner, you can see he proudly displays that he was featured on Comedy Central. This happened when Tosh.0 made fun of him.

Does this make Tommy a hypocrite? No. Not from what I know. It seems to me like the issue with Leafy isn't just that he made fun of Tommy, but that Leafy's fanbase started giving him death threats. This is a different act entirely from just making fun of him.

Point 1. He wasn't the first to make fun of him.  Well it's not right no matter HOW MANY make fun of him. It's not right NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE OWN SLAVES. Simple logic path. Simple comparison. "Elementary, my dear Watson" 

See Jestwinged's post. What the shit, man?

If I must, your Majesty, Grand Duchy of all of Westeros.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Why do people need to grow thicker skin? Why is it that the people who are being bullied are seen as the ones with the problem, not the bullies? Maybe that's why there are so many bullies! Maybe it's because It's 100% OK to bully! Maybe I should be a bully! It would be much better! People would actually like me. 

Or perhaps you aren't being bullied, and are simply too oversensitive to see the difference.

People need to get a thicker skin because bullies will always exist and crying about every tiny inconvenience gets someone nowhere in life. 

Back on topic though leafyishere has actually retracted the video, I am sure if he really wanted to continue to ''bully'' this individual, he would leave it up, though I guess people will just say he's trying to damage control. 

An update for anyone interested

• Brohoof 1

But when you put yourself out there on the internet, you have at least given everybody a license to make fun of you.

No. You haven't. People don't have the permission to make fun of you simply because you're in an public space.
  • Brohoof 3

No. You haven't. People don't have the permission to make fun of you simply because you're in an public space.

Let me rephrase: They have the permission to make fun of you no matter where you are. It just makes it easier if you put yourself out there.

• Brohoof 1