Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web LeafyIsHere makes fun of 'actually' autistic man

ARagY

I think Leafy needs to get a lifey.

Probably true of a lot of Youtubers; though nowhere near as catchy to point out.

I didn't know or care who Leafy was before I watched the vid in the OP, but Leafy seems like kind of a shithead.  I don't feel I even need to elaborate on that.  He was of zero importance to me prior to entering this topic, and now he's somewhat less than that.  It helps that this was brought to my attention by H3H3, who just happens to be one of the few Youtubers I have any respect for whatsoever.

Back on topic though leafyishere has actually retracted the video

Well good.  Maybe he was simply too stupid to realize that he actually wields some degree of influence.  Got popular too fast, maybe?

I still don't care about him or his vids, though.

Let me rephrase: They have the permission to make fun of you no matter where you are. It just makes it easier if you put yourself out there.

"Permission" seems like the problem word, here.  Can you make fun of a person no matter who they are?  Yes.  Do you have permission to do so?  Not from the people you're making fun of, no.  And can you make fun of someone without being an absolute dick?  Some people have managed.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Myself I think leafy has taken it way to far, what hes doing is bullying. I get the feeling that one day hes going to bully the wrong person and get a total beating. Hes not funny, hes a cyberbully.

Oh and also bullying is bullying, it dosent matter if you have autism. In adition to that what hes doing is not satire

Edited by LinuxLounge
  • Brohoof 3

FlitterFlutter, on 20 Mar 2016 - 8:38 PM, said:

No, leafy is making SATIRE. he is not making fun of anyone. No you can not blame him for his fan base that is like blaming the creators of MLP for clop, they pander to that audience but are they responsible for clop? is it their fault?

Just because its satire seemingly doesn't mean its directed well. 'Its satire' doesn't make it free from faults. A satire could motivate people to kill others and be illegal for inciting riot or calling out for violence.

Just because its satire seemingly doesn't mean its directed well. 'Its satire' doesn't make it free from faults. A satire could motivate people to kill others and be illegal for inciting riot or calling out for violence.

It does not matter, were I am from we have freedom. That includes being able to say whatever we want, as long as it is not a threat. Leafy has been trying to calm his fan base down as much as he can he now includes a disclaimer in every video he makes in the discription saying not to go witch hunt people and saying he has no hard feelings towards the people he makes videos about. I don't know what else you want.

It does not matter, were I am from we have freedom. That includes being able to say whatever we want, as long as it is not a threat. Leafy has been trying to calm his fan base down as much as he can he now includes a disclaimer in every video he makes in the discription saying not to go witch hunt people and saying he has no hard feelings towards the people he makes videos about. I don't know what else you want.

Well I live in America too, but there is still a thing such as inciting riot and the like. Some words do go too far. I don't know which videos of his do or not, just saying. 

Well I live in America too, but there is still a thing such as inciting riot and the like. Some words do go too far. I don't know which videos of his do or not, just saying.

You are crazy if you think leafys videos are equal to inciting a riot. He is just a dumb 20 year old kid talking trash on youtube no harm.

He is just a dumb 20 year old kid talking trash on youtube no harm.
 Yes, because if there's one thing that this whole thing proved it was that no person got any harm because of Leafy. It wasn't like Tommy got death threats or some thing like that.

Yes, because if there's one thing that this whole thing proved it was that no person got any harm because of Leafy. It wasn't like Tommy got death threats or some thing like that.

Oh give me a break those threats are from kids who think that kind of stuff is funny. but Once again you cannot blame Leafy for his fans, Leafy does everything he could possibly do to try to prevent that but it happens. It happens everywhere, hell I have seen it happen on this very sight.

I see the problem being is just has become a cool new thing to hate on Leafy for some reason.  Tosh.0 makes fun of a kid 100% okay, Leafy does it. We have to burn Leafy at the stake!

(edited)

Oh give me a break those threats are from kids who think that kind of stuff is funny. but Once again you cannot blame Leafy for his fans, Leafy does everything he could possibly do to try to prevent that but it happens. It happens everywhere, hell I have seen it happen on this very sight.

I see the problem being is just has become a cool new thing to hate on Leafy for some reason.  Tosh.0 makes fun of a kid 100% okay, Leafy does it. We have to burn Leafy at the stake!

You can blame someone for their fans. It show the fans sort a joined up in the first place, they knew where to get their kick. And yeah there are some 'prank' videos of beating people up. So others copycat it. Does that mean they aren't responsible for the copycats?

And uh yeah, its not really a riot, but inciting others to do crime is sorta illegal. People can even do it unintentionally, but neglect is breaking the law depending on degree.

And yeah, because some kids think its funny doesn't mean its fine, like the videos of hobos beating each other up cuz some asshole would pay 50$ to the winner. Sure, they aren't to be blamed at all, just their fans for enabling them ok. Ya know what Imma watcha leafy vid just to see.

Well he is quite rude to say the least. He is a little funny and has some of a point, but goes about it destructively rather than constructively. Its mean spirited humor.

Also about comedy https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/humor-sapiens/201107/does-racist-humor-promote-racism

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2014/aug/20/psychology-of-comedy-humour-psychosis-overlap

Also considering his fan base are prolly a bunch of plebeians too considering what he did, and he continues to make such content he is still enabling others to commit cyberbullying at least. Even if its not a majority. But leafy obviously has issues, and ranting about strangers is sorta stupid to make a healthy living off of. Idk if its even satire at its core, seems like he is expressing his opinion at his core. So if he ever says someone should go kill themselves or anything of that nature ofc he is enabling others to say the same thing in more avenues. And his 'satire' is like making people seem absolutely pathetic. Which means its made to work even more for aggressive behaviors. Like at protests you see people who are with a protest and suddenly think itd be fun to attack someone because they are outnumbered to instigate them or get away with it to feel empowered. It says above in what I linked it releases inhibitions, that is certainly empowering. But its empowering bigots to be bigotted, and knowing how poor and uneducated free america can be in some regions its enabling cyberbullying and potentially actual crime.

Others who are psychologically healthier can express their opinions better, and not cause others to commit more crimes but because he is enabling and being enabled its going to happen until he gets sued or shut down because someone kills themselves. What would it feel like to be a target in one of his videos, then get spammed hate mail on all your accounts online or even hacked or sent death threats in the mail. I mean sure they arent really the best people in the world he is doing that shit to, but when free speech impairs others freedoms is when it kinda needs to stop.

Also this topic isn't about tosh, get over it, I have a freedom of speech too ya know.

Also he is burning everyone else at the stake, so thats a hypocritical point.

Edited by Lil Pip
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't watched the video (don't really care to. I don't even know who this guy is) but is he making fun of a guy who is autistic or making fun of a guy for being autistic? It makes a huge difference. If he's making fun of someone for just doing something stupid well..that's comedy in a nutshell. If he's targeting the guy's autism then it becomes a whole other issue.

Also this topic isn't about tosh, get over it, I have a freedom of speech too ya know. Also he is burning everyone else at the stake, so thats a hypocritical point

Don't even try that, I never said you were not allowed to express your view. And yes the topic does go hand in hand with tosh because that same kid, tosh made fun of first.

Also considering his fan base are prolly a bunch of plebeians too considering what he did, and he continues to make such content he is still enabling others to commit cyberbullying at least. Even if its not a majority. But leafy obviously has issues, and ranting about strangers is sorta stupid to make a healthy living off of

Hey he makes a ton off of it, I am not here to discues rather it is healthy because it is impossible to say. I mean many comidians make a living off of making fun of others. You ever watch Comedy central? Also it is funny you say mean things about his fans because they say mean things. Kinda hypocritical, however for the third time now Leafy does NOT condone that behavior " *Please don't go out of your way to "witchhunt" anyone that I have talked about in these videos. This channel's purpose is to entertain people and not to spread hate to anyone else's channels. I have no ill will towards anyone I make videos about.*" That disclaimer is on EVERY Leafy video.

• Brohoof 1

Don't blame someone for the actions of individuals under them?

Okay, let's not blame Putin for the downed plane. It was just ' someone under him' . I mean, you really can't control the people under you, m8. You just are on your merry way, spouting propoganda, and they happen to take it into their own hands and cause problems. Yeah, legiiiit

(Not saying Russia did it, but I'm playing off the usual blame game that everyone knows)

Don't even try that, I never said you were not allowed to express your view. And yes the topic does go hand in hand with tosh because that same kid, tosh made fun of first.

Hey he makes a ton off of it, I am not here to discues rather it is healthy because it is impossible to say. I mean many comidians make a living off of making fun of others. You ever watch Comedy central? Also it is funny you say mean things about his fans because they say mean things. Kinda hypocritical, however for the third time now Leafy does NOT condone that behavior " *Please don't go out of your way to "witchhunt" anyone that I have talked about in these videos. This channel's purpose is to entertain people and not to spread hate to anyone else's channels. I have no ill will towards anyone I make videos about.*" That disclaimer is on EVERY Leafy video.

You equated it to witch hunting leafy(burning at the stake), pretty sure that implies people shouldn't listen to the leafy criticism. And idek who tosh is and prolly won't comment in greater detail about him.

And every leafy video you say? 

Oops guess he didn't there. Obviously this story could be made up. But also obviously you see symptoms of schizophrenia or mania in his commentary, just like I said. 'Hopefully I don't die'. Gee. Also he is demeaning her if its a made up story, but yeah if its not he has some fair points I guess but it doesn't stop him from being ill.

And you don't know the intent of the channel because you are not leafy so you can't make that claim.

You are just being a fanboy/girl.

didn't there. Obviously this story could be made up. But also obviously you see symptoms of schizophrenia or mania in his commentary, just like I said. 'Hopefully I don't die'. Gee. Also he is demeaning her if its a made up story, but yeah if its not he has some fair points I guess but it doesn't stop him from being ill. And you don't know the intent of the channel because you are not leafy so you can't make that claim. You are just being a fanboy/girl.

I will be the first person to admit when i am wrong and when i said every video I was wrong. What i was trying to say was every video that makes fun of a specific YouTube channel. He obviously would not need one in that video as it would be almost impossible for anyone watching the video to know who that lady was.

I would say it is pretty easy to see that leafy does not want to cause harm, in fact that disclamer is a fairly new thing he does it, because he does not want to case such things to happen. If he wanted those things to happen he would not have made such a disclaimer.

But lets end it here, I have no ill feelings towards you. Lets be friends and move on, what do you say? I will continue to watch Leafy and you continue not to.

I will be the first person to admit when i am wrong and when i said every video I was wrong. What i was trying to say was every video that makes fun of a specific YouTube channel. He obviously would not need one in that video as it would be almost impossible for anyone watching the video to know who that lady was.

I would say it is pretty easy to see that leafy does not want to cause harm, in fact that disclamer is a fairly new thing he does it, because he does not want to case such things to happen. If he wanted those things to happen he would not have made such a disclaimer.

But lets end it here, I have no ill feelings towards you. Lets be friends and move on, what do you say? I will continue to watch Leafy and you continue not to.

Sounds fair, and he does have some points and humor. But something seems off anyways.

I'm a fan of Leafy's, but not of of his outrageous ones. It's a type of humor, and not all of it gets to me, which is why I don't watch every video he makes. Not everything is made to be taken 100% seriously. He knows he was wrong to make the video on that autistic kid and after doing it went into making videos on people on My Strange Addiction, which wouldn't offend them bc that's the whole point of the show, anyways honestly. Still, I prefer Pyrocynical over him anyways.