Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Character-Focused Episodes (Round 1: Twilight, Fluttershy, and Pinkie)

Pony Joe

Unlike most cartoons, the vast majority of episodes of Friendship is Magic are focused on character development, oftentimes only starring one or two ponies in the main roles of the episode.

I'd like to know: Which episodes do you think do this the best? Since I can't ask more than three questions at a time, I'm going to hold a series of three polls, for each of which I'd like you to choose your favorite episodes focused on three characters. And on a completely unrelated note, "three" doesn't even sound like a word anymore.

Note: Some episodes are focused on the development of two characters, so the episode will appear in both of their questions.

I'd like to hear your reasoning for your choices below!

Results from Round 1

post-9-0-20811600-1335920893.pngpost-9-0-94477500-1335920891.pngpost-9-0-74028100-1335920892.png

Edited by Tichafish
  • Brohoof 1

Nice idea, but doesn't Lesson Zero count as a Twilight episode? It should be there, but it isn't... :/

Yeah, I just realized that, along with Winter Wrap-Up. They're in it now.

For Twilight, it was originally going to be Lesson Zero, because her "insane" personality was very very humorous and made it a very enjoyable episode to watch. But, I have to say A Canterlot Wedding revealed more about her than any episode ever could (besides the pilot, of course), and it just has everything she needed as a character in it. Plus, she was in a lot of emotional moments in this episode, plus she finally got her own song. Honorable mentions: Lesson Zero, Friendship is Magic Part 1, Winter Wrap Up, It's About Time

For Fluttershy, Putting Your Hoof down takes the cake for me. Besides being an outrageously hilarious episode, it completely changed her character, and she learned to be assertive, but having it taken a bit too far. The rhymes were actually NOT lame, like some things like that are in typical cartoons nowadays. Overall, I really really liked it. For second place, it'd be either Dragonshy or Hurricane Fluttershy for the same reasons, even if they were somewhat out-of-character for her. But it was in a good way, though. My favorite ep where she WAS in-charcater, was probably A Bird in the Hoof. Honorable mentions: Hurricane Fluttershy, Dragonshy, A Bird in the Hoof

I think it's obvious that Pinkie Pie is one of the most interesting when it comes to characteristics of the mane 6. She's a comic relief character, so you'd expect she'd be popular among us Bronies. This is a toughie, but my favorite Pinkie episode is Baby Cakes, because not only does it show off the positivities of her character, it was a very intriguing and funny episode, with a touching ending. Not to mention a VERY good message. It was also one of my top fave's of season 2. A Friend in Deed is a close 2nd, because it shows how willing she is to make a simple friemd, and how much of a likeable pony that she is. Feeling Pinkie Keen was a very hilarious episode to watch, and revealed something very important about her. Honorable mentions: A Friend in Deed, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Party of One, MMMMystery on the Friendship Express,

Winter Wrap Up

It was cute to see Twi looking to do something to help and finding it was what she did best. I mean, the entire episode revolves around trying to fit in, and she tries too hard, and fails. Then, when everypony starts fighting, the proverbial lightbulb shines on her head and she goes on to do what she loves to do. Fit in, at your own style. Fun episode. Also, I think Winter Wrap Up is the best Twilight Sparkle's song, even including season finale.

Dragonshy

I don't know exactly why, but Dragonshy is one of my favourites. It was when I saw Dragonshy when I realized I loved the show. I chose this one, not only because of that, but because Fluttershy reminded me of myself when I was younger. Silent and introverted, but don't rustle my jimmies.

A Friend in Deed

Well. First, and foremost, SMILE. Yeah, I have that song engraved in my brain. I love it. Apart from that, this episode gives the party mare much needed depth. I mean, she always welcomes any new neighbor with the same recital, so she expects the same results. In this episode, Pinkie learns that not everyone is cheered up the same way. And she takes that to her soul. Also, Feltspace. Priceless! Priceless I tells ye!

For Twilight: ALL OF THEM!!!! But Lesson Zero, It's About Time, and A Canterlot Wedding Pt.1 all have a special place in my heart!~

For Pinkie Pie: MMMMystery on the Friendship Express. My top two favorite characters working together in one episode screams oh la la!

For Fluttershy: Hurricane Fluttershy, hooves down. This episode made me tolerate her a little bit more.

Twilight:

"A Canterlot Wedding, Part 1"

Fluttershy:

"Green Isn't Your Color"

Pinkie:

"Griffon the Brush-Off"

For Twilight, it was a tough choice between Lesson Zero and A Canterlot Wedding. I ended up going with Lesson Zero because it focuses on her specifically.

Fluttershy was an easy choice. Hurricane Fluttershy is my favorite episode of season 2.

Pinkie Pie was a little tougher, but her breakdown is one of my favorite moments of the show, so I went with Party of One.

(edited)

Round 1 is over, and the results are posted in the OP!

BUT I'm having a hard time figuring out how to delete the results from the last poll and create a new one.

Pegassistance, anyone?

EDIT: And apparently, I can no longer use the full post editor either. And I need to refresh the page in order to save an edited post. To the help desk!

Edited by Secret Agent Pony Joe