Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think the toy theme for the movie will be?

Unlikeable Pony

I hope this won't get moved from the movie section, as this is more about how the toys will influence the movie than the actual toys THEMSELVES.

Specifically, what do you think the toy theme for the movie will be? Given how huge the movie is going to be, its highly doubtful they're going to just slap some extra cutie marks on them like rainbow power or Cutie mark magic and call it a day. So what style/theme do you think the toys and the movie toyline will be about?

Now, what's significant here is that the toys and the show are a two way street: They each influence each other, Usually. like for example we got rainbow power for Season 4 toys and we got a meta-arc leading up to the box and rainbow power. Hasbro wanted a giant deluxe Twilight doll for the Friendship games toyline, they gave us midnight sparkle. Ect.

So what do you think will go on with the movie? They will most likely want to do deluxe toys for each of the mane six rather than just make an applejack toy without any changes and stamp "Movie edition" on it, and if they make a deluxe toy they'll have to have the characters in the movie, at some point, alter their appearance to advertise those toys as tie ins. Do you see them making the mane six dress up in armor or special gear for the movie, ala Guardians of harmony? Super forms of some type for characters ala rainbow power? Ect.?

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

I generally feel that something along the lines of the Guardians of Harmoy Toyline would work for the inevitable toys made to promote the movie.

So basically something more action packed and much more grand than the regular toys in order to convey the more epic feeling the movie probably have over the regular tv series.

Sense it will be 90 minutes it might even have higher stakes than some of the 2 parter episodes.

• Brohoof 1

I generally feel that something along the lines of the Guardians of Harmoy Toyline would work for the inevitable toys made to promote the movie.

So basically something more action packed and much more grand than the regular toys in order to convey the more epic feeling the movie probably have over the regular tv series.

Sense it will be 90 minutes it might even have higher stakes than some of the 2 parter episodes.

I REALLY hope so; my initial thoughts for the guardians of harmony toyline when I first heard the name was that was going to be the name of the movie.

But on the other hand, after thinking about it, I kind of wonder: Armor and weapons for ponies is a HUGE gamble and something without precedent for the toyline, so I can't see them hedging all their bets for something as big as the movie on that. I can see them having *some* tie ins to the guardians of harmony line, but I gotta think they'll shoot more for dress up doll stuff like how Canterlot wedding's toyline was about a wedding playset despite the plot being more action oriented.

Well, assuming they don't drastically change most ideas, which is  basically

alicorns__alicrons_everywhere_by_bronyma

I kinda expect the toys being full of

alicorns, including the Mane6, but fear not. That won't necessarily mean they'll be alicorns in canon (although, that's still possible in my eyes :huh:). I mean, We had rainbow power, and as expected, the Mane6 had they RP toys, but also Cadance, Cheerilee, and a Dashie palette, but those three weren't given RP in the show

Well, assuming they don't drastically change most ideas, which is  basically

sig-4466527.alicorns__alicrons_everywher

I kinda expect the toys being full of

alicorns, including the Mane6, but fear not. That won't necessarily mean they'll be alicorns in canon (although, that's still possible in my eyes :huh:). I mean, We had rainbow power, and as expected, the Mane6 had they RP toys, but also Cadance, Cheerilee, and a Dashie palette, but those three weren't given RP in the show

I actually would like to see

All of the mane six as alicorns

But I see it as HORRIBLY unlikely at this point. :P

Maybe starlight due to her being Sunset shimmer lite and Twilight's student, but that's about it IMO.

967495__safe_fluttershy_text_alicorn_toy

I actually would like to see

All of the mane six as alicorns

But I see it as HORRIBLY unlikely at this point. :P

Maybe starlight due to her being Sunset shimmer lite and Twilight's student, but that's about it IMO.

sig-4466604.967495__safe_fluttershy_text

Yeah, I wouldn't mind the rest of the Mane6 doing "that" either. I think it would be the perfect time for them.